any iphone game thats like twisted metal?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by y0m0uth, Aug 13, 2010.

1. y0m0uth

y0m0uth Active Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I've been looking for a longtime... anyone know of any?

thanks in advance,

2. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    I don't think so but that would be awesome.

3. y0m0uth

y0m0uth Active Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I knowwwww comeon gameloft or somebody please! lol

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, there's Auto Mangle. I have no idea whether it works on iOS 4 and the game looks and plays like an early iPhone 3D game, but I did waste a fair amount of time with it back in the day.

AutoMangle

AutoMangle is an addictive vehicular combat game featuring game options allowing 192 different gameplay configurations; …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    AutoMangle is an addictive vehicular combat game featuring game options allowing 192 different gameplay configurations; Including Free For All, Team Deathmatch, Last man standing, Respawning, Round Time limits, AI cars, Health levels and configurable weapon options. The game also features deformable vehicle damage system and realistic physics. 4 vehicles with color customisation. 4 arenas and 6 tracks. GO CRAZY with 6 special weapons; Rockets, Seeker Laser, Lightning, Flame Thrower, Nuke Cannon and Freeze Ray. Three handling models simulation, arcade and now a simple mode so even your grandparents can master AutoMangle. Now with an editor so you can make your own Tracks and Arenas in version 1.0.5.

Auto Mangle is updated regularly with new features and
    improvements.

See the website www.phartgames.com for a gameplay video
    and more screenshots.

Check out the AutoMangle thread on the www.toucharcade.com forums for the status of the next update.

Like AutoMangle? Why not try my NEW GAME AlienMangle?
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Racing
    Release:Oct 23, 2008
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

5. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Wow that looks both interesting and weird. I'm checking out the lilte version.

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Just re-installed it to check it out, and it does work with iOS4. It's pretty darn ugly, and the arena mode is as straightforward as it gets. But the cars are dynamically shaded and the framerate on a 3Gs is pretty phenomenal. The physics and controls are not terrible, either.

7. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Haha! I'm trying out the lite version. It's not too bad! Like you said the graphics are pretty bad but the gameplay isn't horrible. The controls are actually playable.

However, $3.99 is pretty steep for this... isn't it?

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Yeah, especially since it hasn't been updated in over a year. There is a editor included, though, but I don't think there's a way to upload/download them online.

Phart games used to be fairly active here, but it's been a while.

9. ninjackid

May 27, 2010
    Yeah that's sad. Seems like this game had alot of potential.

AlienMangle by Phart Games looks like it had potential too.

10. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    So are there any games out now that even compare to Twisted Metal? And is there any chance of ever seeing Twisted Metal on iPhone? It looks like it would perfectly fit the platform.

11. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Wow... The sad thing is I actually remember this game. I think they'll be more well known for their other game Alien Mangle, which was one of the earliest FPS games (as far as I can remember) on the platform. Wasn't it also one of the first that was rejected for violent content?

As awesome as it'd be, I highly doubt it. If I remember correctly, Sony plays a large part in the development of the Twisted Metal games, and as we all remember, according to Sony the iPhone "ain't made for big boy games."