technoBox - music maker

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by coconutbowling, Feb 20, 2009.

1. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    [app]technoBox[/app] is a new music maker in the app store. Me, being a hardcore techno fan, am very interested. However, at $10, I'm a little hesitant. Beatmaker and Noise.io may be better.

2. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    Yea, I noticed this too, but the price vs. the features vs. my needs don't match at the moment. I've been perfectly happy with beatmaker, noise.io and idrum (for fun sessions). The latest addition to my "set" was Randgrid, you might want to check it out at appstore and their website. Really handy techno-box with flexible options. Not the prettiest one, but very usable. I chose it after comparing the various 303 clones, and haven't regretted.

3. tosui

tosui Well-Known Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Toronto, Canada
    I haven't really looked at this too closely, but it looks to me like another version of Rebirth for the iPhone. That said, BtBx is a really great version of this type of app, and much cheaper!! (I play with this at least as often as BeatMaker)

4. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    Btbox is great, but it needs a way to save projects (and change that damn trumpet sample to something more usable!). Actually, I remember the devs mentioning somewhere that a save feature and possibly sample importing would be released as an update, but ATM btbox smells like an abandoned project to me.

Randgrid fills my Rebirth needs for now, but I'll put technobox on my appsniper anyway.

5. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Any reviews?

Has anyone had time to do a hands-on test with TechnoBox? Much like the OP, I am interested in its capabilities, but want to hear some feedback from users first. If it is in the league of Beatmaker and Noise.io, I don't mind paying $10, but if not, I'll pass.

6. Benegesserit

Benegesserit Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    KORG really needs to port the Kaossilator to this thing.

7. marlenedegrood

marlenedegrood Well-Known Member

There's quite a few reviews on youtube .... just do a search for technobox iphone

8. PowerThirst

PowerThirst Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2009
    I love beatmaker!!!!!!

9. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

Does anyone know when this app will be available again?

10. Cilo

Cilo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Los Angeles
    #10 Cilo, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
    Nanostudio is the best thing available right now. It's basically like a pocket version of Reason, and if you've ever used Reason you'll know what I'm talking about by how the modules stack like real hardware decks. I think I also respect the fact it's been updated in July whereas Beatmaker hasn't been since May, if you understand what that means. It's unfortunately $5 more, but if your goal is serious music production on the iOS platform this is hands down the full suite right now.

Appstore -> Clicky

Nanostudio Website

11. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Man, that was one incredible demo! If I were into synthesizers, I'd definitely get this app!