any good side scrollers on the app store?!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by cookiemonster, Aug 27, 2009.

1. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    I want to add some solid side scrollers to my game collection and was hoping to get some recommendations from the TA community. any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance:D

2. Greyhoundgames

Greyhoundgames Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Sub hunt is a side scroller, sort of.. Do you consider 1942 a side scroller? If so then this is one too.

3. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    Inkvaders

Inkvaders is a good side scroller If you are looking for one

4. SpaceJunk

SpaceJunk Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2009
    Spy Bot Chronicles
    Castle of Magic
    Zombieville
    Inkvaders

are all studs.

5. The Bat Outta Hell

The Bat Outta Hell Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 10, 2009
    Hat Salesman
    Washington
    [app]Helion[/app]

One of the best games ever.

6. Tmonine

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    A revolutionary side scroller

This will probably spark a lot of controversy, but in my opinion I think that gamelofts Hero Of Sparta is essentially just a side scroller that goes against the two dimensional convention of side scrollers and is really revolutionary.

For those of you who have the game and are thinking WTF is this guy on about? Think about it. On each level there is only really one path which you can go along and as you go along the path you kill enemies that are blocking your way and gain experience which you use to upgrade weapons (the equivalent of money in convention games of the genre) you also gain helth and energy which helps you perform more pwerful attacks.
    Although I believe this is essantially a side scroller, it is definitely the most unique one that I know of on the app store. If you are looking for just another same old side scroller then this is not for you, but if you want to experience a completely different take on the genre, then you should get Hero of Sparta.

7. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I'd say it's a fix-pathed adventure game, but a side scroller?......:rolleyes:

8. Tmonine

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    Isn't a fixed-path adventure game just a three-dimensional side scroller?

9. Link6746

Link6746 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2009
    Berserker (RAAAAARRRGH!)
    Saint Joseph's Hospital, Mental Ward (Long Term Gu
    #9 Link6746, Aug 29, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2009
    Unless you're hoping to get your ass beat by mutants, don't get abuse. Nothing wrong with the controls or the gameplay; it's actually quite fun... but the difficulty is such that in certain areas at easy mode you're comparing to playing nethack with a tourist.

I'd hate to think how bad it is on normal.

--Note: by this I mean Abuse Classic, which is the one currently in the app store.

10. Fudgeboy

Fudgeboy Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2009
    Student
    UK
    Inkvaders is the best i have got out of Zombieville Inkvaders and Mummy's Revenge.