Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-19-2014, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCho133 View Post
I LOVE FISH.

Is there a hunger system?
Nope. Seth and I aren't fond of hunger systems, at least with how they're usually implemented in survival games. What we've done instead is reduce the player's natural regen as they scale up, such that you actually have to eat/cook things to keep your hp manageable while beating up all manner of critters. It effectively does the same thing but without feeling like an arbitrary punishment for playing.
Old 04-20-2014, 06:06 AM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

This seems to remind me of another survival game, "Don't Starve". Looks like you go around collecting and basically surviving.

Is the beta/alpha still running? Who do I need to get in touch with to play the game? Looks cool!
Old 04-20-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscotchshenani View Post
Nope. Seth and I aren't fond of hunger systems, at least with how they're usually implemented in survival games. What we've done instead is reduce the player's natural regen as they scale up, such that you actually have to eat/cook things to keep your hp manageable while beating up all manner of critters. It effectively does the same thing but without feeling like an arbitrary punishment for playing.
That's sounds like a pretty neat system. Can we make donuts?
Old 04-20-2014, 08:52 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Very VERY interested in this! You guys do great work!
Old 04-21-2014, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeletonlord View Post
This seems to remind me of another survival game, "Don't Starve". Looks like you go around collecting and basically surviving.

Is the beta/alpha still running? Who do I need to get in touch with to play the game? Looks cool!
We haven't yet EVEN BEGUN the betalpha. We'll post on here when we need some help in that regard.

Re: Don't Starve, we pulled a bit of inspiration from there, but that's mainly on how to do non-block-based crafting systems, where the world is not completely harvestable (like terraria or minecraft). Turns out that the design for a system like that is roughly the same no matter how you slice it, the differentiating bits end up being how you interpret the rest of the game layer on top of it. You could say Don't Starve is a touchstone for Crashlands, a handy metaphor for understanding the basic gameplay idea, though Crashlands is immensely more forgiving.

"Can we make donuts?"
NOT YET....hehehehehe
Old 04-21-2014, 02:24 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscotchshenani View Post
We haven't yet EVEN BEGUN the betalpha. We'll post on here when we need some help in that regard.

Re: Don't Starve, we pulled a bit of inspiration from there, but that's mainly on how to do non-block-based crafting systems, where the world is not completely harvestable (like terraria or minecraft). Turns out that the design for a system like that is roughly the same no matter how you slice it, the differentiating bits end up being how you interpret the rest of the game layer on top of it. You could say Don't Starve is a touchstone for Crashlands, a handy metaphor for understanding the basic gameplay idea, though Crashlands is immensely more forgiving.

"Can we make donuts?"
NOT YET....hehehehehe
I'd appreciate it if you guys kept me in mind when the time comes to test. Thanks!!
Old 04-28-2014, 05:33 PM

Default The "M" Word - Monetization in Crashlands

HEYO! Back again. Seth and I wanted to divulge all the 'secrets' of our monetization strategy for Crashlands, so we WROTE UP THIS BLOG POST explaining everything.

We've also got a huge environment overhaul coming down the pipes in the next week. I'll post some new gifs soon!

-samuel
Old 04-28-2014, 05:45 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Hey!

First of all, give me a beta or a alpha game version right now! Second, maybe make the app free-to-play for android but paid for app store! I would very much pay for the game but only on apple!
Old 04-28-2014, 06:33 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

SIR HANET! We stray as far from doing pay-up-front as possible, due to our not-so-successful experiences we had with Towelfight 2. But still, there will be a one-time IAP in Crashlands that will let you gain access TO THE ENTIRE GAME AND EVERYTHING IN IT FOREVER! So it's got a "buy the full game" option, just like pay-up-front has. Check out the blog post!
Old 04-28-2014, 06:41 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Default Oh..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterscotchSeth View Post
SIR HANET! We stray as far from doing pay-up-front as possible, due to our not-so-successful experiences we had with Towelfight 2. But still, there will be a one-time IAP in Crashlands that will let you gain access TO THE ENTIRE GAME AND EVERYTHING IN IT FOREVER! So it's got a "buy the full game" option, just like pay-up-front has. Check out the blog post!
How much will the IAP cost?