Game saves.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Issac, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Hello! Is there a way to NOT jailbreak my iPod, but still be able to save game progress (say, an rpg with many hours in it) even if I remove a given app? For example, let's say I wanted to remove Infinity Blade or Aralon but keep all the hours of leveling and farming I did upon re-installing the app, is this possible? Hope I worded that clearly... Thank you in advance :)

2. koyut

koyut Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    It is possible. Saving the data folders of the app and also the current ipa. You can do all of this without jailbreaking. You can use tools like ifunbox or iexplorer. I used to do this for valuable game saves.

The data folders are different for each app, depending on the standard used by the developer. You can reference apple documents on development to see which folders are possible game save areas.

When restoring install the ipa you saved and the restore the data folders you backed up. I try not to install directly from the app store because upgraded version may mess up your game saves. You can upgrade after you installed your ipa and data folders.

All of this can be done without jailbreaking.

P.S. I do not have time to go into detail right now, but if you need more help I will check back later.

3. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    THANK YOU! :) Buuut.... what is an ipa? :confused:

4. MaxPancaKe

MaxPancaKe Well-Known Member

May 18, 2010
    Is the extension of the file of an app for ex. Aralon.ipa it's the app shown as a file on PC. Hope it helps :)

5. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    And thank you, sir!