Clear free on Starbucks

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by warcrack, May 11, 2013.

1. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    #1 warcrack, May 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2013

Clear Lists

Impending
    “You see, in every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and snap! The job’s a game.” Cl…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    “You see, in every job that must be done, there is an element of fun. You find the fun, and snap! The job’s a game.” Clear is a colorful canvas for your thoughts, plans and goals. It's fast, fun, incredibly personalizable, and extra-rewarding to get things done with. Enjoy! GESTURE TIPS: • Swipe right to check off • Swipe more to set reminder • Tap bottom back button to navigate & explore TOTALLY FREE TO USE: • No ads, no subscription, no investors, no paid feature creep. • Treat yourself in the 100% optional cosmetics shop when you got a lot done with Clear!
    Information
    Seller:Impending
    Genre:
    Release:Feb 15, 2012
    Updated:Mar 27, 2024
    Version:2.1.6
    Size:1.0 GB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Only for US App Store:

<under construction>

2. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #2 dclose, May 11, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
    Instead of giving you a link to pirate* Clear from the Starbucks app, warcrack could give y'all a link to the Starbucks app and let you know that if you install it, and make sure notifications are turned on in settings, then you'll get one link for a free app/song/ebook a week delivered automatically to the in-app messages section. Yes, every week, late Tuesday/early Wednesday a push notification is delivered directly to you letting you download this stuff, legally, for free, US accounts only.

Here's a link to the Starbucks app so you don't need posts like the above:

Starbucks

Starbucks Coffee Company
    The Starbucks® app is a convenient way to order ahead for pickup, scan and pay in-store and customize your favorites. Re…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    The Starbucks® app is a convenient way to order ahead for pickup, scan and pay in-store and customize your favorites. Rewards are built right in, so you’ll earn Stars towards free drinks and food on your purchases. Mobile Order & Pay Customize and place your order, then pick up from a nearby participating store without waiting in line. Reorder quickly with Siri. Pay in Store Save time and earn Rewards when you pay with the Starbucks® app at many stores in the U.S. Earn Stars & Redeem Rewards Join Starbucks® Rewards and unlock exclusive benefits while earning Stars with almost every purchase. Redeem Stars for free drinks, food and more. Starbucks® Rewards members can look forward to a birthday treat plus complimentary coffee and tea refills.* Earn Stars even quicker with Double Star Days, Bonus Star challenges and Member exclusive games. No matter how you pay, you can earn Stars on your order. Earn 2 Stars/ with a Starbucks Card, and 1 Star/ with cash, credit/debit, PayPal and Venmo. Some restrictions apply. Send a Gift Say thanks with a digital Starbucks Card in the app or iMessage. It’s easy to redeem a digital card from email, text or in the Starbucks® app. Manage Starbucks Cards Check your Starbucks Card balance, add money, view past purchases and transfer balances between cards. Find a Store See stores near you, get directions, hours and view store amenities before you make the trip. Tip Your Barista Leave a tip on purchases made with the app at many stores in the U.S. *At participating stores. Restrictions apply. See starbucks.com/rewards for details.
    Information
    Seller:Starbucks Coffee Company
    Genre:
    Release:Sep 23, 2009
    Updated:Apr 01, 2024
    Version:6.69
    Size:113.4 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

*Edit: My apologies to warcrack for using the term pirate in my original post. It's simply too loaded a word and I should've realized that, especially since warcrack simply copied what someone else had posted elsewhere on the Internet. Sorry for dumping on you and I'll take my lumps for that. Personally, I'd term the link lifted or hacked, which is an unpopular view but not necessarily an inaccurate one. What I mean is the free app is not publicly visible on the Starbucks' website (or twitter or facebook) but comes via their own app and their in-store digital network. I'm actually not against posting the hotlinks, but I believe that you should also credit the source, thus credit their freely-available app too. Yes, that isn't a popular view either, but if the shoe was on the other foot and it was TA's app's hotlink at another site, you'd like the TA app mentioned too.

3. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Uh, wow. People have done these posts for a while. Do you work for Starbucks or something? Some people, like myself, for one reason or another, don't want to download that app or deal with the notifications or whatever. And even if we did, somebody would still post it just to let everyone know what IS free from them at the time. The guy was just trying to help out and you kinda ***t on him... I honestly don't know why you care that people are doing this. It's gong to continue anyway. Kinda rude, dude.

4. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Just because someone does something for a "while", doesn't make it right. These links bypass Starbucks' security. They are able to offer these free apps because of the other revenue they get through their own app. Bypassing it puts the viability of their program into question. I know I'd like to see them continue to offer it, and obviously you are deriving a benefit from their generosity too, so you should be supporting them too.

If someone was posting links to cracked software or stuff on torrent sites they'd get called on it too. It's not cool. Just because it can be done doesn't mean it should.

Tell people that Starbucks is offering an app for free: yes.
    Give people a link to Starbucks' own app so they can get this stuff for themselves: yes.
    Post a hacked link to the stuff instead: no.

5. warcrack

warcrack Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2010
    Electrical Engineer
    TA
    1.This is not hacked or pirate link.Got from Starbucks Web site.
    2.Have people with US account ,not living in USA now,can't use Starbucks App.

6. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    #6 dclose, May 11, 2013
    Last edited: May 11, 2013
    It is a redirect lifted/intercepted from the notification process. "mobilenotification/getitunesredirect?assetID=277" If you go to www.starbucks.com you will not find this link anywhere on their site. It is a Starbucks link, I agree, but it is not directly, publicly available to anyone just visiting their site. It is available to people using their app, and to those sitting in a Starbucks store, using Starbucks in-store wi-fi network, aka "Starbucks Digital Network".

This pretty much comes down to my ethics are slightly more refined than those who post direct links. So what I ask is if you're going to post these links, then also let folks know about the Starbucks app too. That way people can get these things for themselves if they are able and they so choose, and it's giving credit where credit is due.

7. luckycharmz75

luckycharmz75 Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    Again, why do you feel the need to be an ass? I for one have the app. Have notifications on. I don't get the notification. My wife,using the same configuration does get them. So the link is useful to some of us.

Starbucks get credit for it. No reason to blast someone who is just being helpful to the community.

Thank you to the OP. Much appreciation.

8. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    So much drama on my free apps!

While I agree with the general idea of dclose, the phrasing is oh so wrong if he expects someone to actually listen and not just react offended. Silly.

Either way thanks for the topic :D

9. dclose

dclose Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Speaking of offended, it's she, not he. :p :) Anyway, I've asked nicely in the past and been ignored, so at least being an ass is getting this topic discussed. That's an improvement imho! Hah!

As for Clear, is there any particular reason you use the ringer volume for your sound effects, with no way to turn it off in-app? I always have mine turned up loud so I don't miss calls, and when I use your app it blasts me. Why not just use the regular volume, or have a mute option? Or did I somehow miss the settings menu?

10. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Warcrack, if you got the link off Starbuck's website, could you change your link to that page instead of bypassing by posting the hotlink. Thank you.

11. try2bcool

try2bcool Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2012
    A. The link goes to a script that generates a random code for a specific app on itunes. It does that no matter how or where it is clicked on from, and is in no way considered illegal or circumventing any security. Apple and IGN do the same thing on a regular basis without the need for an app, they both tweet the link as a matter of fact.
    B. The OP clearly states that it is from Starbucks, so credit is being given and the advertising message has been delivered.
    C. Spreading the word this way gets many more clicks than it would through the app, so the lucky developer is getting more money, and that is the important thing. You do want to support the developer, right? :D

12. chess

chess Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2011
    I'm don't see the point in all of the handwringing, and I agree with try2becool above.

13. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    #13 repapermunky, May 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2013

Exactly. I've heard of many people not getting the noticications. And that's what I mean. People are just trying to share what's out there, and I for one, come here to see what's what. So this post helped me. If Starbucks really cared THAT much, I'm 100% positive that there are ways for better security so that people cannot simply get a URL abd share it. This whole argument is absolutely ridiculous. The guy just posted something to be nice and share, and you [Mod edit: Removed inappropriate words which break forum rules] because "people should get the app to support Starbucks." Really? Cry me a river. Appreciate the man sharing. That's what this community is about, here on TA.

On another note, I bought Clear a while back, and although I don't ever actually USE it, it is definitely one of the better priority sorting/ organizational apps. Clean interface and easy to learn and use. Worth it, even to pay for.

14. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
  15. Khamous

Khamous Well-Known Member

Aug 15, 2009
    Sorry, I just play the odds.

16. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010

Still waiting to see a link where it's on Starbuck's own website. Thanks.

17. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    So it's okay for Lifehacker, okay for TA front page articles written by the site administrator, but not okay for the forum? I think you guys are a little off base here.

18. CygnetSeven

Feb 6, 2010
    No, he said he got it off their website, I just asked to see it.

19. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I wish I were able to be a bookie for "fights" here on TA... I could make some pretty good coin I think... :p