Remember Chess with Friends?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ithork, Jul 21, 2009.

1. ithork

ithork Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Have they stopped development on that? I remember lots of talk about adding push notifications when OS 3.0 came out. Anyone heard any status updates lately?

2. Calkster

Calkster New Member

Jul 1, 2009
    I'm pretty sure they are done with push notifications for Chess With Friends and are currently trying to get it through the approval process. Either that or they are about to submit it.

3. KittyGotSued

KittyGotSued Active Member

Dec 15, 2008
    chess with friends has been on my iPhone dock since it was released.. it's awesome!

4. spam marino

spam marino Member

Mar 28, 2009
    yeah, very solid game. Push notification would be nice! The email notifications can get annoying if you have multiple games going at once.

5. GreenLightJerky

GreenLightJerky Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2008
    Senior support engineer, jerky guru
    California
    Push Notifications should be coming soon I hope. The game is pretty great.
    How many games do you guys have running at one time? I have 15 active at the moment.

6. ithork

ithork Member

Mar 2, 2009
  7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

8. Alichan76

Alichan76 Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2009
    I'm having difficulty activating an account. Anyone else experienced this? It asks me to either log in or create an account, so I create one and then it tells me that my email address is already registered! So then I 'Log in' by punching in my email address and some password that it wants even though I haven't registered, and of course that doesn't work either. I'm in some sort of catch 22 here it seems. I've been playing Words with Friends and suspect that might be where the problem lays. Bit confused:confused: I sent the devs an email, but in the meantime if anyone can shed light, I'd be very grateful...

9. shawn_10

shawn_10 Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
  10. ArtNJ

ArtNJ Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    New Jersey
    Arent there no ratings? I dont mean to offend anyone, there are plenty of people that can crush me like a schoolgirl, but I used to play correspondence chess a little and HATED my starter games because the opponents were so weak that it was obvious I was going to win very quickly, yet the games took FOREVER.

That is what I imagine chess with friends to be like...or is there some way to "advertise" your strength?