Oh please grant me one wish General Chaos

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Max_TO, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Max_TO

Max_TO Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    #1 Max_TO, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
    Not sure if many of you are of an age as to remember the game General Chaos ?http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Chaos

In a nutshell "General Chaos is a 1994 video game developed by Game Refuge Inc. and published by Electronic Arts for the Sega Genesis. General Chaos is a satircal arcade/strategy game.
    The game is a quick and dirty battle (or a longer campaign mode that is a series of battles fought over a dynamic strategic map) between two generals, "General Chaos" and "General Havoc". The objective of the game is to capture the enemy's capital city."

I sent the game makers an email a while ago , [email protected] asking them if they had any plans to release the game for the ipad . There reply was polite , they thanked me for the request and then said that they would require investment to make the game .

Would such a game really take some large amount of money to create on the iPad , or could the game makers simply not be aware of how games are made on the iPad/iPhone ?

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    The starting point for a serious game investment is something like $10,000, so... yeah, unless you wanna donate that...

3. ShadowsFall

ShadowsFall Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Summer job soon
    TA 09'
    It probably takes a bit of time just to port the game anyways, and it depends how much profit they get once they release it. You could probably find similar games like it in the app store though

4. Max_TO

Max_TO Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2010
    Ouch , to bad .

Perhaps one day they will get around to porting the game .

Do any of you out there remember this game ?