Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 09-30-2011, 09:50 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
Well, I get stuck at work all day while my car is being washed and garden watered. I can live with that. The light show on Wednesday was something else though. We were sitting at work calculating the distance to the lightning strikes. We had one go off couple of hundred meters from us. Would be a bummer if it rains tomorrow though.
Heh. I got to watch the light show while driving on the Western Freeway. Not pleasant. And yeah, I think it is supposed to rain tomorrow as well.

How's that for off topic?
Old 09-30-2011, 11:37 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

I have to say that I am really enjoying this game.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:56 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

simple game, simple idea. I really didn't expect ads in a IAP supported game - oh well.
I generally agree with the sentiment that someone like Backflip Studios should do a better job and publish a more polished game. The firing patterns of the monsters were incredibly boring - a monster literally shoots the same thing for minutes and you do the same dodge movement every 2 seconds over and over again. That firing sequence is what the whole Boss Fight game should be about, right? Not here, nope.

The in game font looked like a default font and the writing for 2 lines of dialogue was terrible (as in it wasn't funny while trying to be funny - just feels rushed.)

I wouldn't be so critical if this wasn't done by Backflip studios. It just frustrates me when people who made so much fortune out of iApps pull stuff like this.

Wouldn't recommend.

Last edited by ceka; 09-30-2011 at 01:58 PM..
Old 09-30-2011, 02:23 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Beat all the bosses on hardest difficulty and boy..the last level took me a bunch of tries. lol. •••Spoiler:  The light colored enemies that travel on the bottom thats so hard to see!

Yeah, overall, the game was still entertaining for me.. Its not an awesome game, but still fun for some. If people try this game..just go in with no expectations, and the game may turn out ok for some.
Old 10-15-2011, 03:44 PM

Default Game Impressions

Old 10-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Developer
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Hey all,

Justin from Backflip Studios here...

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm glad to see that some of you are enjoying the game. We released an update that removes ads for players who purchase (or have previously purchased) Gems in game. We also made some minor text tweaks that will hopefully better explain why people are being prompted to Purchase Gems when they attempt to Launch into a mission with a weapon or pod selected that they currently can't afford. You can in fact play the entire game for free without making a single in-app purchase.

We hope this addresses some of the concerns our fans have brought to our attention. Thank you for your continued support! Happy Boss Battling!
Old 10-17-2011, 12:06 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 10-17-2011, 12:19 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
It is one of the freemium ones. You have ads running at the top of the screen, even the game area. You choose one of the monsters on offer and battle against it. Each monster has minions that you fight first. You collect diamonds that you can then use to buy upgrades (weapons, extra lives, etc).
New bosses get unlocked as you defeat the previous boss. You can also choose to fight a stronger version of a previously defeated boss for greater reward. You also have the option to buy diamonds if you don't want to grind.

What can I say... If this game was made by some 13 yo schoolboy, I'd be very impressed. This was developed by Backflip, however. I really respect this studio and expect more from them. It looks like with their latest string of games they are becoming more like Glu. Release a free game made in haste with little innovation and style and hope that it would do well. Perhaps economically that would make sence, but I am really disappointed. I felt bored after I defeated 3rd boss and took the game off my device. I hope the studio doesn't go down the same path as glue and would release games of the same quality as Ragdoll blaster 2 and Army of Darkness.
+1! Well said! I totally feel the same way!
Old 10-20-2011, 02:08 PM

Check out A Space Shooter for Free if you want to compare genres.

You get a couple free levels as a starter, but it's like a buck to unlock the whole thing. You also have a couple IAP if you want to progress faster, but otherwise noone's twisting your arm to pay. I prefer it a lot more over Boss Battles. It's also ad-free, which is nice. IAP doesn't bother me that much really. I think the fact that it's free is really just an opportunity for people to try it out more easily. The actual danger is to release a freemium/paymium with a crappy demo.

But this one is great, IMHO.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:22 PM
iPhone 4, iOS 6.x

Really wish they'd update this...

Yeah, that's right. I necroed the thread. I like the game!

DBC