Feel absolutely horrible!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Pr135ty, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Pr135ty

Pr135ty Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Student
    United Kingdom
    I went to a rave on saturday night (in the UK) under a motorway bridge and it was amazing but at about 4am on sunday morning alot of gangs turned up and I had my iphone 4 on me. Two of my friends had their iphones robbed and a gang of lads came up to me and demanded my phone. My phone is honestly like my life. I told them no and pushed through them. Later on they found me and they got one of their mates and he pulled a knife out and put it at my throat. There was nothing I could do and they took my phone and ran off. Honestly I have never felt so empty with out my iphone before, its horrible! I didnt even know the time today as I use my phone for everything. I always look forward to receiving updates for games through the app store and I can't it's the worst. Anyways I'm not looking for sympathy I just felt I had to tell someone and hear I am letting you know. Hopefully my insurance will cough up with a new phone for me and I'll be back on my games soon.

Hear's a video of the rave http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jMqFksJBGU&feature=player_embedded

I know it's not everyone's type of music but I usually go to just have a good time with my friends. Usually the people who go are friendly but recently more and more D**ks have been turning up.

Anyway I hope this never happens to anyone on this forum and remember to keep your phone safe whereever and whenever.

2. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Did you enable mobile me on it? You do know that the find my iPhone function is free now for iPhone 4 users? If you did you can pinpoint exactly where your phone is to the exact address, if you took these steps I would go to the police and tell them exactly what happened, even give them the address that your phone is at and get them to pay the ****tards a visit.

Knife crime is an all to common thing nowadays and another scumbag taken off the streets and locked up would benefit this country no end.

I feel your pain, I couldn't live without mine either :(

3. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    I understand your pain and sympathetic. I know they are great for video and all but showing it out in public in an area like that is like waving a few hundred dollars in the air. Hopefully other's will take heed and although its a great show-off piece there are times to be discreet to save from it being stolen (and possibly killed in the process) over it.

Again, sorry to hear of your unfortunate mishap.

4. cauliflower36

cauliflower36 Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2011
    I'm sympathic about you. It will be ok if you collect money to buy another. Anyway, when I catch a glimpse of your thread, i thought it's about listing horrible game. finger slayer,i think now is not suitable for you

5. theatergirl78

theatergirl78 Member

May 29, 2009
    That's horrible...Glad you are okay though:)

6. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Well your first mistake was going to a rave... lol but that's your thing and that's cool. I like the music, just not the atmosphere. ANYWAYS

I am the type of person to egg someone on... I know that sounds stupid and really dangerous and it is, don't get me wrong. I just have a bad habit of running my mouth to people who think they can push people around. And if it came to my iPhone 4, I would have rather asked them to go through with it and take my ****ing life if a few hundred bucks was THAT much worth it to them. 99 times out of 100 they will back off, probably just beat the shit out of you cause you pissed them off and made them feel that much more little than they already are.

But, hopefully you did what Rasterico was talking about... call the police on them and get those mother ****ers outta here. Worthless scum.

7. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    holy santa clause shit....that is HUGE. I never thought a rave was that big....shows how social I am.

8. Duss321

Duss321 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    At least you did the right thing, i know you like you iphone.
    But it's not worth getting stabbed over.
    There's nothing else you could've done about it.
    I've been threatened a few times in my line of work.
    Most times i just point and laugh at them and if they try to attack me i just punch them in the face.
    But if they pull a knife i cooperate, at the end of the day i just wanna cash my paycheck and go home.
    Especially on a rave, people are drunk or under influence of drugs wich can make them unprededictable.

And what you told about those gangs turning up. I guess thats kind of normal these days. I'm into car tuning (no not the chickenfence bumper with neon and 18 inch spinner rims, but performance) meetings used to be fun, but nowadays a lot of crime is involved from drugdealing to prostitution. Its fun at one moment but the next bullets start flying through traffic sign.

But for your phone, just tell the police what happend. Also tell the insurance you reported the incident to the police. So they can verify with the police what happened. And then just hope for the best.

9. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Sounds a bit odd to me... if you're telling them to go ahead and attack then surely it's actually you that's implying a few hundred bucks is worth the cost of a human life?

10. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #10 Booch138, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2011
    Definitely, but I am the gambling type. Like I said, it's dangerous, and I would in no way imply that that is the right thing to do. I am just a mouthy kind of person and people like that piss me off.

Edit: By the way it's not like this type of thing happens to me on a frequent basis, but thing similar have happened before. lol

11. 1337brian

1337brian Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2008
    In My Head
    Enjoyed my share of raves in the day, but no one has a better underground scene than the Uk, for the music and crowds...

12. Coldar

Coldar Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2008
    Upstate NY/USA
    So you would be tempted to do this even if you had a date with you? Don't you take into consideration of your surroundings and friends you might be with that don't have the same attitude/mouth as you? And usually they are the ones that end up getting hurt as many scenario's go. Given this any thought?