iPhone Cribbage HD

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by appmaker, Aug 6, 2011.

1. appmaker

appmaker Active Member

Jun 1, 2011
    The ultimate classic Cribbage card/board game for you iPad. Beautiful graphics and animations make this a must have app for crib lovers. Choose your skill level from beginner to expert. See how you compare to others with Game Center leaderboards for Most Wins, Best Hand, Best Crib and even Worst Loss.

[​IMG]

Cribbage HD iTunes Link

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    #2 pluto6, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011
    Some questions - how many levels of AI? And, does the computer count score, or can the player? At the lower AI levels will the computer make counting errors? Like missing some points?

Are there different cribbage board layouts? And different backgrounds, different card backs and faces?

Looks like a nice game. Nothing against you, but I wish there was a way to actually compare because everyone claims to be the best...

Just noticing - you do know that there is a game called Cribbage HD already in the app store by Trivial Technologies? I thought app names could not be the same?

3. appmaker

appmaker Active Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Counting is all automatic. This isn't really a teaching game, it assumes you know how to play, and therefore auto-count speeds play.

3 levels of play.

More backgrounds, card backs, etc in future versions.

Thanks for the interest.

4. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    This looks really nice. Reminds me of when my dad would play when I was a kid.

5. appmaker

appmaker Active Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Thanks. Similarly, my grandmother taught me to play. Good memories. :)

6. Bahimiron

Bahimiron Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Perfect autocounting means no muggins means this is intermediate play at best.

7. CrazyMikesapps

Jun 5, 2009
    Founder CrazyMikesapps.com
    Dade City, Florida
    Will check this out, love cribbage and have been playing on my Android. Thanks.

8. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Since the computer is counting points, theoretically, if the programming is done correctly, it would be impossible for the computer to miss any points counted. So, only the player could lose points to the computer - which I guess is OK, but the player will never get points off the computer...

9. appmaker

appmaker Active Member

Jun 1, 2011
    Points are auto-counted for both players, so neither player is at any (dis)advantage. The cards speak for themselves, period.

10. Bahimiron

Bahimiron Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Like I said, no muggins means no advanced mode.

11. bastband

bastband Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    England
    Even with 40% off, and I think that is pretty steep for a singular card game, is it real value for money.
    After all there are only 2 reviews out om iTunes and a bit mediocre they are too.
    Perhaps the price should be dropped ro allow a wider range of clientelle to savour your app and review it....

12. Danjuro

Danjuro Member

Feb 4, 2017
    The last update is an absolute massacre, a perfect example of greed incarnate.
    It adds a huge button promoting their new F2P take on the game on the main screen, a useless leveling system that is only there to... *drumrolls* reveal ads!
    Why did I pay 3 bucks for this, already?
    If you can, avoid to update at all cost.