Orbit Luna - new gaming concept? 3 PROMO CODES.

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by orbitluna, Dec 24, 2011.

1. orbitluna

orbitluna Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    #1 orbitluna, Dec 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
    We recently released Orbit Luna on the App Store:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/orbit-luna/id484677755?mt=8

It's an action space shooter as much as it is an accurate physics simulation of gravitational mechanics. Even missile trajectories are subject to celestial forces, which makes the game quite difficult. But much emphasis is also on navigation in a gravity well.

It also features multiplayer dog fight through Bluetooth.

[​IMG]

A novel concept may also be the aiming help which solves trajectories from your moving spaceship in realtime as you slide. Also, the AI uses similar model predictions to shoot at you.

Please give it a try and give an honest rating plus feedback, possibly also in this forum. As much as this is a finished product, suggestions for future updates are also welcome.

Promo code to the first three responses to this post.

2. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Very hard to tell anything from that one screenshot, but I'll take a code, sure. Thank you.

3. aidan_ree

aidan_ree Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2010
    Love to try, thanks

4. Master Shake

Master Shake Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2008
    I'd like to try it.

5. orbitluna

Dec 24, 2011
    Thank you Gabrien for your advice. More screenshots will come then, tomorrow. All of you will get a promo code as soon as iTunes Connect is going live again Dec/29. Thank you a lot for responding. We will send promo codes out before Dec/30. Big apologies that we don't have the codes available before then.

6. orbitluna

Dec 24, 2011
  7. orbitluna

Dec 24, 2011
  8. speed4mee

speed4mee Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    I would like to try it :)

9. Gabrien

Gabrien Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2009
    Game Impressions

This game is similar to iOrbiter:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=75224

Which probably won't help anyone much since nobody played that game either. :p

In short: this is another of those titles I would describe as "not a bad little game." If the concept clicks with you and you're able to quickly wrap your head around the mechanic you are more likely to enjoy it. If not, there is a high probability of frustration.

Technically this looks well put together, (no retina) the physics are good, control is straight forward.

"Unremarkable" is probably the worst thing I could call this, but there are numerous worse ways to spend a buck on the app store.

10. springlong

springlong Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2011
    Can I have a pm for the code please? Thank you very much and happy new year~:D

11. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
  12. Agas

Agas Well-Known Member

Jan 28, 2011
    #12 Agas, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
    Game Impressions

Well, as you state it, I think the game is extremely difficult.
    But then it's relaxing and frustrating at the same time.
    I think you need to put some more tutorial of how the game world's mechanic, especially in arcade mode (the missile, the line, etc).
    I also don't get the scoring system in the game (actually it's only in the lunar navigator level as I cannot pass the orbit insertion level yet as it's too difficult).
    In the sample gameplay on the main menu, it seems easy to navigate by accelerating the capsule in the right direction, but then it's totally different when I try it, either hard acceleration or immediate crash. Perhaps it is only me who cannot get it right, though I pass the level eventually.
    Wondering the opinion of others about this (I honestly give a 3 stars review).

13. yeahx

yeahx Member

Dec 30, 2011
    Me too please?

14. xbeta

xbeta Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2011
    Very special and unique game ! Never experience a gameplay like this before ! Simple but excting ! :)
    Sorry for the late review ! The dev are so sweet ! :D

15. Bardock29

Bardock29 Active Member

Nov 18, 2011
    I would like to try it pm me a code thanks

16. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    This game is Pretty tough, it feels similar to what a real orbiting mission would be like I think. I guess I was use to the controls in Osmos. I kept running into the planet. It feels like it's a good game once u get used to the process of orbiting It just takes a while... I'll comment more when/if I get further in the game.

17. orbitluna

Dec 24, 2011
    Free this weekend.

The game will be available for free on the App Store until the end of this weekend. Please rate and review, and enjoy the experience.

18. orbitluna

Dec 24, 2011
    Orbit Luna - FREE until Sunday

Thank you all. Thousands of people are playing. Many more than expected. The FREE promotion was therefore EXTENDED for an entire week until SUNDAY. Enjoy the game.

19. orbitluna

Dec 24, 2011
    Thank you forum members

Dear all,

many of you were very helpful when we released Orbit Luna in December, and meanwhile, after a week of free promotion, more 10,000 have downloaded, more than 500 are playing in Game Center.

This means that all the work was worth it already, if you guys had a great experience. We would like to mention that just hours ago, we released an expedited update to version 1.0.1, a small patch to a rare but annoying glitch. We apologize to each of you who had it happen while chasing their place on the worldwide leaderboard.

[​IMG]
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/orbit-luna/id484677755?mt=8

A final appeal to those who enjoyed: The game in never asks for a rating or review on iTunes, and so we have only 16 ratings on the US Store for instance. If you enjoyed the game, please take a moment and help us make Orbit Luna more visible to the rest of the world.

The Developers

20. orbitluna

Dec 24, 2011