Best real-time strategy game

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by John.Jac, Jul 22, 2014.

1. John.Jac

John.Jac New Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Hello everyone,

Recently a friend invited me to play Clash of Clans and I quickly got fed up with it. It’s more a tower defense game than a real-time strategy game and the freemium garbage makes it completely frustrating.

I loved games like Age of Empires, StarCraft or Warcraft (no DotA) and I’m looking for the closest thing to those games for both the iPhone and Android. I have an iPhone 5 and my friend has a Samsung Galaxy S4, it would be great to play some multiplayer online matches.

I know that PC gaming is better suited for what I’m describing, but there are lots of moments in which we don’t have a PC nearby but we certainly could enjoy something like this.

Hopefully somebody can point us in the right direction.

Regards

John

2. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Starfront to get you going and wrong section

3. John.Jac

John.Jac New Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Sadly, Starfront: Collision doesn't appear on the Google Play Store and on the Gameloft website, the list of compatible smartphone models doesn't include the Samsung Galaxy S4 zoom.

I'm sorry, I'm new to the forums... Which section would have been correct? Can I still move the thread?

4. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Autumn Dynasty

5. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Autumn Dynasty is fantastic, but if you want a more modern setting, Machines At War 3 is also great. I don't know if they are cross platform, though.

6. John.Jac

John.Jac New Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Can someone confirm if online multiplayer with one player using an iPhone and another using Android is available in Autumn Dinasty?

Also, regarding Autumn Dynasty, there are several reviews talking about an error when trying to play multiplayer that says "GAME NOT UPDATED"... can anyone confirm that the online multiplayer part of Autumn Dynasty is up and running?

7. John.Jac

John.Jac New Member

Jul 22, 2014
    It seem that Machines at War 3 is not available for Android.
    Can someone confirm a version for Android? Or better yet... can someone confirm that Machines at War 3 can be played with online multiplayer between an iPhone and an Android phone?

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Sorry... Autumn Dynasty matches through GC, so I'm guessing that's a no right there...

Machines At War 3 is for Mac, PC and iOS, no android, but it does have cross platform MP

9. joew

joew Active Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Producer & Engineer @ Creoterra
    Toronto, Canada
    I definitely recommend Autumn Dynasty, but you're not going to get cross platform multiplayer with it.

10. 5r22

5r22 Member

Jul 24, 2014
    Game Designer
    Toronto
    I've been looking for some mobile RTS's myself with little luck. There is a 3D RTS on Android called ProjectY RTS. It's still in Beta I believe but it looks promising. The Stormfront (Tropical Stormfront, etc.) series is also sort of what you're looking for.