iPad Necrorun

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gabrien, Jul 18, 2011.

1. Appletini

Appletini Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2011
    Ankh-Morpork
    I'll put in a request for one, then. ^_-

2. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Im go for a code!

3. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Any chance the game will be updated with retina graphics in the forthcoming update?

4. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Retina graphics for a pixel art game? @_@
    That would make the deliciously pixelated graphics look clean wouldn't it?

5. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    If you've got Sword and Sworcery, Mystery of the Japanese Werewolf, The Last Rocket and Frogatto, compare the three former to the latter. Yes...retina graphics for a pixel art game.

6. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    so... I updated... and the jump is all sorts of screwed up...

most of the time it's laggy as all hell... and sometimes it doesn't even respond...

at first I even thought that you changed it so that you had to charge your jump and then let go to jump...

but then I just kept my thumb down on the jump button and Death did a small jump about a second after I placed my thumb there...

Anyone else experiencing this?? the game is totally unplayable for me now.

7. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Played the update. Loving it!

Destructible objects and obstacles spawn more often now, a big improvement from the previous version that spawned objects few and somewhat far between.

*Edit:
    End game rewards (lifeless shards) can be used to purchase upgrades! They are given at a fast rate (enemy killed x max multiplier) and upgrades aren't costly.

@Synth
    Nup, game runs perfectly on my device.

8. Lethegames

Lethegames Member

Jul 22, 2011
    syntheticvoid, can you tell me the devices you used to play Necrorun?
    And to what iOS were they updated to?

9. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I updated too and I am impressed with the improvements. As Gunxsword said, a lot more happening on the screen this time which makes piling up combos easier and makes the game a lot more hectic, making the game a lot more fun to play.

And yes, the addition of skills and perks are sweet. The jump physics may need more improvement, but it is very responsive at what it does.

All in all, a very good update which makes a fun runner a bit more enjoyable.

Game Center integration and we have one hell of a runner.

10. Lethegames

Lethegames Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Hey everyone.

We finally released Necrorun on websites. You can play it for free now on your PC to give it a try.

Its currrently frontpaged at Newgrounds :)
    Click here to play it.

Please note the iOS version still doesn't have online highscores. That is coming for the next update, along with a performance upgrade to smooth things out if Adobe's new Hardware Acceleration system does any good for Necrorun.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    One of my favorite runners :)

Looking forward to the online leaderboards update!

12. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    My favorite action heavy pixel art endless runner :D.

Looking forward to more songs, or perhaps an album!

13. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, it surprises me how fresh this one stays. Perhaps it's the whole death theme (which is very, very metal... obviously) but it's definitely a keeper. My girlfriend spent quite a bit of time on the browser version the other day too...guess it's just not me who adores the theme and music. ;)

14. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Perhaps you have not discovered this?

If possible, I'd want an infinite loop version of the song :D.

15. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    any word on any upcoming games from this dev? Sucks that GC was never added... but it'd be great if Lethe Games released a second iOS title... =oP

16. Lethegames

Lethegames Member

Jul 22, 2011

We are working on two games right now. One has 8 people multiplayer, avatars to unlock and different stages. The other is more arcade like with waves of enemies, focusing on the combat instead of content.

Also, I still want to add a final level to Necrorun with bosses along the way and highscore integration. Necrorun didn't sell enough to support us, so we had to move to other projects for now, but I intend to get back to it eventually and give the closure it deserves.

17. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Sweet mother of Maddox Chivan! This is greeeeat news! 2 new projects, and the final episode to a great pixel-metal-heavy-endless-runner! Cheers to Lethe Games!

18. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    What? The? F? Is this?:eek:

Have I mentioned lately how frustrating it gets at times to realize all the great games I miss...

Wow. This looks beautiful. I mean, in a "Death Metal" type of way...;):D

DBC

19. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    ^I always mention Necrorun whenever i post my top side scrolling runners. ALWAYS. :D

20. Lethegames

Lethegames Member

Jul 22, 2011
    Necrorun is now Free

Hello everyone, it's been a while.
    [​IMG]

Necrorun has gone permanently free with ads. I did my best to make the ads non intrusive, there are no pop-up screens and they go away soon enough as to not bother with the gameplay.

The reason for this is because Necrorun was featured on the History Channel and FYI Network a month ago, on cable Television worldwide, and unfortunately not even that was enough to generate sales. It seems paid games simple don't work on mobile, so I decided to change it to a free model.

Now that the game is free, I ask for those who are Necrorun fans to please share the game with as many people as you can. Post it on your facebook, twitter, wherever you can. Necrorun is also available for free on Android as well. We have two new games coming, but development has been pretty slow since we still have to deal with daytime jobs and other responsibilities as Necrorun has never given us enough revenue to be able to just develop games fulltime. Perhaps now that can change.