What are your Undeletable Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Arashi541, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Arashi541

Arashi541 Well-Known Member

Everyone has a favorite game or app that they can't bring themselves to delete. Thus I ask,what are YOUR favorite games that you won't ever delete off of your iPod?
    A few of Mine are:
    Geo Society: Pokemon clone with tons of creatures to catch. Wouldnt delete because I would lose all my progress.
    iDaTank: A great game with a cute main character and a awesome control method/upgrade system. Can't see myself deleting this one for a while if ever.
    Galaxy on Fire 2: There is so much content here that I havent been able to put it down once ive become immersed.
    Bumpy Road: Fun endless game with a interesting gameplay method.
    Mighty Fin: Love the main character and all the costumes plus the fact that there is a endless mode to enjoy.

2. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Angry Birds; no other casual game stacks up. Even if it's not for the gameplay, its novelty value is enough to make it worth keeping forever. You don't own an iDevice if you don't have the game. I highly doubt the iOS will ever have a bigger franchise.

For any other game, once a sequel is out, it's getting deleted. Ex. Real Racing 2, Galaxy on Fire 2, etc. Any game with a storyline isn't worth keeping after beating it once unless there's multiplayer, etc. Doesn't matter how good it is. Casual games get boring eventually. Doesn't matter how good those are either; they eventually get boring.

But yeah, for now, all I got down is Angry Birds. This list is a work in progress.

3. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    #3 crex, Jun 19, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2011
    Plants Vs Zombies: There is no freaking way that I will EVER delete this game. It's my favorite iOS game of ALL TIME!!!!!!! :D

Superbrothers: S&S: The music and experience are just so perfect.

FIFA 10: I played 5 seasons of it. There is no way I'm just going to throw it all away.

Game Dev Story: Duh!

4. injuwarrior

injuwarrior Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2011
    USA
    World of goo, infinity blade, SFIV, canabalt, wispin, 1000 Heroz for 1000 days, league of evil

I agree that the angry birds series is a premiere casual, but I have debated th others and delted and redownloaded rio. I know I will delete them eventually, but for now I still have about a third of the levels in all of them combined left to beat.

5. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    A couple groups of games would be:
    - Most of the Square-Enix RPGs
    - Cave's shmups
    - A handful of really polished games that I find to be a lot of fun: Tilt to Live, Collision Effect, ElectroMaster.

But really, any game that I liked a lot will probably stay on my iPhone, given that I have enough space. I probably have like 20-50 games that would fit this category, but I don't think there's that much need to post a giant list. Who knows, though. In a year, my preferences might change and games that I thought were a must-keep might get removed because I don't ever see the need to play them again.

Edit: Oh yeah, Infinity Blade and Plants vs Zombies are obvious ones. Thanks for the reminder.

6. phattestfatty

phattestfatty Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    As of now...
    Tiny wings
    Fruit ninja (these two are casual games done right)
    Skipping stone: I'm in the credits!
    There's a couple that I'd put, but they will be there for a long time, not infinitely long. Ie. 1000 heroz
    I would have a giant list, but ever since I deleted my favorite game of all time on ios mc2, i don't even know. Actually, I kinda wanna redownload it...

@backtothis
    ---______--- angry birds....
    And not dinosmash?:eek:

7. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Dinosmash is online based. It's going to die out really soon. I'm planning on deleting it by the end of summer in any case. I've put in enough hours into the game, heh.

8. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
  9. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Seconding this. I might delete and reinstall PathPix and PathPix Pro the day I finally finish all of the puzzles. There's so much content, it's unreal.

10. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    That's what I did. So many puzzles you don't remember even completing them the first time. You might remember the picture at the end but that's all.

11. daniller

daniller Well-Known Member

Apr 15, 2011
    Angry Birds: I like for no reasons.
    The Heist: I like the tiny robot and the different levels.
    Fragger Lost City: I think it more challenging then Fragger Dessert Strike. But I still have Fragger Dessert Strike when I can't continue the levels in Fragger Lost City.
    Feed Me Oil: I bought it the second day it' released, really challenging and fun.
    Tiny Wings: I like the graphics and the music very much.
    Virtual Table Tennis: I find I do better in Virtual Table Tennis than in real life,lol.
    There are still more I definitely will keep them and will play them if I want.

12. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Mighty Fin

Bit Pilot

Tilt to Live

Fastball 2

Mr. Aahh

Mr. Ninja

Soosiz

Hook Champ

13. GodSon

GodSon Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    #13 GodSon, Jun 20, 2011
    There are so many good games out and I wish I could name all of them. Here are some top ones in no particular order that I would never delete:

- Bug Heroes: A ton of life, content, diversity, strategy, replayability, depth, complexity, and a whole lot of endless goodness pumped into a very well executed game. Awesome Devs as well.

- Battle for Wesnoth/HD: One of the best if not the best turn based strategy game to ever blessed the iOS. I have the HD version as well. This is a game that never gets old being there is such a MASSIVE amount of content, stories, diversity, and strategy to keep you engaged. There is also cross-platform online skirmishes for even added replayability. Long time fan and it never gets old.

- X-Plane 9: best(and only) Flight simulation app that provides a ton of options and replayability. The Devs update this game/app once to twice of month with constant bug fixes and/or content whether it's planes, maps, or added weather conditions to fly, they continue to give you the best flight experience possible. I love this so much, I also have the 4G app for my iTouch. You'll get options to fly commercial planes, private planes, sea planes, gliders, private jets, fighter jets, helicopters, a space shuttle, and even moon rover to drive around the moon on. Wheter you want to dogfight or just fly a a peace flight from take off to landing, this is hands down a solid app for any mood your in and I could never part with.

- Scrabble/HD: Not much to say other than it's Scrabble! I have both iTouch and HD version as well as the Tile Rack App for party play on my iPad 2. EA really did a great just bring this to life on the iOS and I'm a long-time fan. Every update has only made this game better overall. Highly recommended for it's endless fun and replayability.

- Neuroshima Hex: Highly recommended board game translated perfectly to the iOS. I got this due to the amount of positive activity on the forums as well as other sites, videos, etc and I'm glad I did. I really new nothing prior to picking this up, but I'm glad I got it. I don't ever see myself parting with this gem of a game because it just a blast to play and involves a great deal of strategy which I love. Every update has only made this app better as well and the factions bring a whole new experience to the game itself. Great to play solo or with friends.

- Galaxy on Fire 2: just hands down the best space trader/rpg you can ask for. I love everything about this game and that I can save it to my OF account to play on either my iPad 2 or iTouch and pick up exactly where I left off.

- Sword of Fargoal: Classic with endless fun. I for one can't WAIT for 2.0 to drop.

- 100 Rogues: a very great rogue-like with great rpg elements. This game has come a long way since it's release, but I've always came back to it because the Devs are very committed to make it even better with updates, and I have every DLC available and will continue to support them. All characters bring a different experience to this game and I love it as well as the graphics, story, enemies, bosses, and total all-around replayability it has to offer. The UI looks awesome on the iPad as well.

- Order & Chaos Online: IMO one of the best games Gameloft has put out on the iOS to date and it's only going to get better with future updates thanks to it's huge player base. Very addictive MMO that I don't see myself parting with any time soon.

- Space Invaders Infinity Gene: High replayability thanks to the music level creator. I love the way the horizontal/vertical orientation is executed. I have all the additional ship IAP and it's well worth it for the amount of content and unlockables that are in this SHUMP.

- Call of Duty: World at War Zombies: Endless waves of zombie killing. A game that never gets old and I don't see myself parting with it since day one. Fun whether solo or multiplayer. One can only hope Black Ops Zombies randomly surfaces like this gem did.

Honorable mentions that have a high possibility of not be deleted from my iTouch and/or iPad 2: Uniwar, Fruit Ninja/HD, Flight Control/HD, Labyrinth 2/HD, Voice Fantasy, Touchgrind BMX, Edge, Shadow Era, Dungeon Raid, Monster Hunter Dynamic, Castle Age, Isotope, World of Goo, RR2/HD, Death Rally, Pix'n Rush, Depict, and more I'm sure but I'll stop now. :p

14. MNoldAr

MNoldAr Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Angry Birds: I don't play it, but I let it stay.
    Plant vs Zombies: I really wish someday I would pick it up again :D
    Fruit Ninja: Just occasionally, play it and broke my record.

15. orea

orea Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2011
    editor
    Feed Me Oil, one surreal game I've collected.
    Mr Runner, ePig Dash and Chop Chop runner, good running games.
    Doodle Score, a gorgeous game I picked up recently.
    Rip off, one challenging game that I fail again and again.
    Joining Hands, one engrossing game I' ve long planned to buy but the price is still high. Lol, I'll own it in the end.

16. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    All my football games (FIFA 11, First Touch Soccer, etc.)

17. Charybdis

Charybdis Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2011
    Programmer
    Kyoto, Japan
    Solomon's Keep is the game I have played most by far

18. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Okay, big list coming up...

First Touch Soccer: the greatest football game EVER on iOS. It's not advertising a console version, it's MADE for iOS ONLY. gives more challenge and variety than FIFAs, PES, and RF
    Real Racing: Is that even a surprise? Shame I bought it 2 days before sale, could've had RR2!
    Death Rally: Great game with amazing graphics, shame I already played through! Oh well, new content coming out of the chute all the time.
    Hockey Nations 2011 Pro: Haven't played NHL2K11 or whatever it is, but this really is amazing! From fights to penalties, all are fine. :)
    Bumpy Road: Slow, but challenging. Control enviroment to move the lovebirds.
    Mighty Fin: Great one-touch game. Beats Tiny Wings if you ask me. Hoping for an update with levels.
    Fruit Ninja: Cmon, you know why.
    FishMoto: Just bought it, for now looks like I'm enjoying this for long!
    To-Fu: Trials of chi: Hoping for new levels, altho 100 levels is still not complete! Great platformer/puzzler!
    Storm in a teacup: Won't delete unless there won't come new levels which I doubt. An amazing platformer.
    Gears: Best ball-rolling with Dark Nebula 2! Don't use tilt, use swipe, it's better. More levels coming soon!
    Coin Drop: Bought yesterday. Today: addicted. :) PEGGLE :D
    Pocket God: Could get boring in time, but now am enjoying and Battle of Gods is next!
    RocketBird: I don't like it that much, but my lil sister can't stop playing it xD
    Burn it all - journey to the Sun: waiting for more levels. great challenge,
    House of Mice: Doggie levels next :) kind of like cut the rope themed one screen puzzle, but different!
    Stickman Cliff Diving: addicted.
    Tilt To Live: Loving this :D

19. TheCatsMeow

TheCatsMeow Well-Known Member

May 17, 2011
    #19 TheCatsMeow, Jun 20, 2011
    How can it be undeletable if you haven't got it on your device with the option to delete? Lol
    Trust me! Just buy it...the first day I saw it I didn't buy it because of the price and thought it might go on sale, then the next day I gave up and just bought it,
    Considering it's universal it's really not that expensive..it costs less than a happy meal Or any meal really...you cant really buy anything at all for $4 these days, especially not something thatll bring you hours of joy..

I was also going to wait for a sale for bumpy road and gave up the next day too, thank god cause it's absolutely awesome, and still hasn't gone on sale..

Would you rather wait for weeks and months wanting to play it, and hoping that someday it might go on sale..or just pay the $4 to have it now to enjoy?
    That's how I see it anyway, and it was Defiantly worth the extra price of $2.80! rather than to wait for it to go on sale for 1.19..

There's heaps of content and an update has already been submitted for review on Friday so it should be out anyway now..if I were you I'd download it now so you can try to compete all the levels before the update comes out so you can play the new levels right away. Thats what I did last night, stayed up late, laying in bed playing joining hands and managed to complete all levels but still have about 6 stars to collect! Really makes you use your brain in some levels, nearly drove me crazy in frustration in a good way though, addictive as!

My undeletable games-
    World of goo
    Feed me Oil
    Bumpy Road
    Joining hands
    Foodies
    Catch the candy
    7 little words
    Rotate and roll
    Wordsworth hd
    Plants vs zombies
    Istunt 2
    Cut the rope
    Spider Jack
    Finger balance

I rarely delete apps that I pay for..I will often delete apps I got for free off "free app a day"
    But the only apps I've deleted that I've paid for would be "drawn - painted tower" , "mishap" and shrek kart, and this game about a fish in a fishbowl that was really boring! Most were about saving memory..and I can always re download them layer if I have a change of heart

20. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Same here, I usually delete the paid apps I got for free by FAAD or anything else. I haven't deleted any app that I have paid for so far! But a lot of free apps to free up memory. Good way to get more memory is to save all your photos and videos to computer and then delete most of big videos on your iTouch, iPhone or iPad. I once got 500 MB more free space :D Anyway, I'm glad that iCloud kinda already works on iOS 4, by that I mean of course the purchased place on updates.