Let's talk PC gaming

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Bronxsta, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Yeah I think so I got the Ultimate edition which I think includes everything although I've avoided those quests thus far, I'm just basically travelling around avoiding new vegas and trying to explore everywhere else and doing the side quests when I can find them.

Also trying to avoid Deathclaws like the plague until I'm a higher level I think those are the only things that have killed me so far and by kill I mean completely massacre me.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #142 september, Aug 9, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    Deathclaws are pretty tough yeah :) Good way to zone certain areas.

Off topic/general rant - Steam has been going down the gurgler a bit with quality of the games lately, so many ipad ports and half pie Greenlight titles, it's good they're going to tighten up. Not against indie at all, can be where some of the best concepts come from, but there's also a lot of uninspired copycat hipster games coming through.

3. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Still playing New Vegas as my main at the minute but I came across a review of xenonauts and I'll always have great memories of xcom so I couldn't help myself and had to buy it.

Only played a few hours but it's the closest original xcom remake I've played yet it's actually very close the only negative thing I really noticed that puts me off a bit is it doesn't let you produce the alien alloys yourself that was my main way of making money in the original and the tactical missions only seem to get me a few of them it could make it much more of a grind than the original and seems a strange choice.

Apart from that one thing it seems to have actually improved on a lot of stuff which is also a first I've a feeling I'll be putting time into this if for nothing else but to see the differences in the tech trees.

4. september

Sep 14, 2012
    There's a Kickstarter for a Western style XCOM-like called Hard West by some guys that worked on Call of Juarez and Dead Island, they're only after 70k so guessing they can bankroll most of it themselves.

Hard West

5. CrossbowRules

CrossbowRules Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Currently playing Dead Space 3. Cool game.

6. september

Sep 14, 2012
    #146 september, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    The micro transactions and 'mining' for resources to circumvent paying put me off 3 a fair amount, GG EA.

Sorry, bit negative. Other than that I enjoyed what I played of it too.

7. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #147 Teknikal, Aug 13, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
    I've probably said this before but I'm definitely going to stop buying PC games for a while I've amassed too many to quickly and a lot are the kind you can literally put months into.

Just to give an idea of my dilemma here's my current games shortcut folder.

[​IMG]

Bigger version here

I think I'm good for a long time but I wouldn't be surprised if I post again in a week after buying something new, but I have amassed a lot more games in a few months than I have on my 360 and Vita combined.

8. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    You may say that now... but... Winter sales will be upon us before we know it.

I keep deciding to not buy anything new outside of bundles and just enjoy my 100+ years of gaming in my backlog... but it never happens. Still PC gaming is the best value per dollar our there.

9. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland

You may be right I was just reading about them remaking Unreal Tournament and though I haven't played it in years there are only two games I ever got really really into online play and the original UT was one of them the other was Freelancer.

One of my proudest gaming moments was being kicked from an UT server for supposedly cheating, I wasn't I was just completely dominating that match and took it as a compliment.

Great game I can only hope the remake captures the spirit of the original.

10. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Link for the UT remake (the news on it)?

11. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
  12. september

Sep 14, 2012
    Thanks, I was hoping an official release but good nonetheless