Match-3 RPG Games

10-16-2014, 07:12 PM
So it's not match 3 nor quite an RPG as such but it really is worth a mention for those that haven't tried - Terra Battle. First match 3 'kind of game' to actually grab me. (Never was my cup of tea).

Match 3 because you need to place one of your heroes on either side of an enemy tile...making it 3 in a row. That's my excuse for terming it almost match 3
10-16-2014, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
Hello, it's me, the Pope Of Match-3! Here's more, maybe some are what'cha looking for:
Wow! Great List, most of which I have never heard of. Thanks for sharing. I will look into adding these.

10-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nekku View Post
What the hell?! The whole thread really missed out on the king () of all match3 games. I can't take this thread serious anymore.
What did you have in mind Nekku? I was laboring under the assumption that Dungeon Raid holds this title
10-17-2014, 03:13 AM
Puzzle & Dragons!
10-17-2014, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Puzzle & Dragons!

I noticed.
But I thought there's a reason that it has been not mentioned.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

Last edited by Vovin; 10-17-2014 at 02:10 PM.
10-17-2014, 09:24 AM
Quote:
Puzzle & Dragons!
Cool. The only reason I haven't mentioned it is because I haven't played it. I will definitely check it out.
10-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Puzzle & Dragons!
Uh... How is that the king of match-3? As for RPG hybrids, im pretty sure Puzzle Quest 1 is one of the first, and still one of the best til now.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
10-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact-Psience View Post
Uh... How is that the king of match-3? As for RPG hybrids, im pretty sure Puzzle Quest 1 is one of the first, and still one of the best til now.

I knew someone would say this for me. You never disappoint. Even the "Puzzle Quest" remark is exactly my opinion.

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
10-17-2014, 04:06 PM
Oh well, the smile after "king" was there for a reason. >.<
Sure, it's not for everyones taste but it's darn good imo. At least, it's nothing like all these casual match3 games. You just will get stuck on a certain point if you don't take it serious and actually "play the game" as well as joining the awesome community around this game. There is just more behind it than a simple match3 game. I guess kind of the same thing just started with Terra Battle.
But okay, to each his own. I just think it belongs on the list.

Last edited by Nekku; 10-17-2014 at 04:42 PM.