★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
09-09-2014, 06:05 AM
How does this run on iPod 4? I've had a lot of problems with games like this in the past, and I just want to be sure. Would be an instabuy, otherwise. Love the stuff you make, foursaken!
01-07-2015, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myndflame View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxsta View Post
When Block Fortress War was announced, I was kind of disappointed. The original Block Fortress was and still is one of my favorite IOS games and I really just wanted more of the same.

But I recently got into RTS's and now BF: War looked much more appealing. Downloaded this thanks to the free sale and I'm really enjoying the game. Maybe even more than the original

What I really liked about the original, besides the solid FPS gameplay and tons of strategy in the base building, was the spectacle. Constructing a sprawling network of turrets and defenses and then seeing the chaos as dozens and dozens of projectiles laid waste to everything was just awesome

Block Fortress retains that spectacle and the bird's eye view makes it easier to appreciate. The RTS mechanics present a different kind of strategic gameplay. The controls are really responsive and the game is hard. Losing a resource point is usually the beginning of the end and figuring out the best use of your limited resources gives the game almost a puzzle vibe.

I'm like Block Fortress War a lot more than I had expected. Can't wait to try out the other factions
You'll love the Zomblocks, trust me.

Arguably one of the most terrifying factions in PvP out there, if not handled quickly and correctly. The first Zomblock hero can outright break barracks in less than 10 strikes by himself if you take too long in the fight, especially if you don't stop him from farming and leading the EXP game. Love Overlord to death.

That aside, I was just wondering if there's still any planned to-do's for this title? I got it a year ago, and the premise of how the game works back then irked me. Tried it for realsies now, and I can't help but want more.

Is there a plan to add more content into the game, or perhaps stir a sequel? Not even co-op survival for two or four players? Level Editor? That would sound really heavenly for a game with this much charm that even I didn't notice back then.
01-08-2015, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XenoCrusade View Post
Arguably one of the most terrifying factions in PvP out there, if not handled quickly and correctly. The first Zomblock hero can outright break barracks in less than 10 strikes by himself if you take too long in the fight, especially if you don't stop him from farming and leading the EXP game. Love Overlord to death.

That aside, I was just wondering if there's still any planned to-do's for this title? I got it a year ago, and the premise of how the game works back then irked me. Tried it for realsies now, and I can't help but want more.

Is there a plan to add more content into the game, or perhaps stir a sequel? Not even co-op survival for two or four players? Level Editor? That would sound really heavenly for a game with this much charm that even I didn't notice back then.
They had talked about a map editor but I don't think the sales justified doing much more with the game.. they do have a large update coming for Block Fortress early part of year, with mech and other additions... I'm hoping we see the other Block Fortress War races in the game but will enjoy whatever they do!
02-05-2015, 07:08 AM
Beat this months ago and just reinstalled on my iPhone 6 to relive the glory. What a great game.