iPhone Super Looper - The Celtic puzzle game that'll tie you in knots

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by ChickenFeetStudios, Sep 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChickenFeetStudios

Sep 29, 2014
    Software Developer/Architect
    San Francisco
    [​IMG]

Hi, All

Super Looper is a distinctive spatial puzzle game inspired by Celtic knots. We recently launched the game’s web site...

www.superloopergame.com

...in preparation for a early access in November followed by a full release in early December.

Let me know what you think. Trailer will be coming in a few weeks, but you can look at the screen shots for now.

Regards,

Ben Jackson

2. ChickenFeetStudios

Sep 29, 2014
    San Francisco
    New Trailer Available

We released our trailer for Super Looper today. Check it out. Any feedback welcome!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gR3UlzmG4r0

Also, we've iterated on our tile sets:
    [​IMG]

Thanks,

Ben Jackson
    Chickenfeet Studios

Follow us @studiochicken for updates.

3. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    It looks interesting.

Is the bar on the left a timer? Usually I like to take my time with logic type puzzles as I mostly play them at night, saying that, sometimes a bit of pressure is fun.

4. ChickenFeetStudios

Sep 29, 2014
    San Francisco
    Hi.

Thanks for the interest.

Most levels have a move bar and are meant to be studied.

We do have a speed mode as a change of pace, and we plan to tune it to be not a big barrier to advancement.

Currently 1 in ten levels are the speed mode, 1 in ten are free form building shapes of a certain size, 1 in 15 are pressure-free modes with no move constaints, with the remainder being the standard puzzle mode.

The key strategy in the game is building connected interstitial shapes which power up pieces and allow them to be moved for a limited time for free.

5. cloudpuff

cloudpuff Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2013
    lazy layabout
    uk
    It sounds like you have a balanced mix between the different elements and modes, I'll be looking forward to trying the game out. If you need testers I'll be happy to help.

Do you have price decided yet?

6. ChickenFeetStudios

Sep 29, 2014
    San Francisco
    It is going to be the free to play arcade model...e.g. you have 3 lives and if you use them all up you can wait 20 mins or pay a dollar to continue immediately.

I'm hoping to emulate what I felt when playing puzzle craft. I felt satisfied that I could beat the game without paying, but decided to pay them a few dollars after 10 hours or so of playing to make things a bit easier and as a fair price for the entertainment value.

7. ChickenFeetStudios

Sep 29, 2014
    San Francisco
    Thanks for the offer to help. Beta testing via test run should be happening in a few weeks.

8. ChickenFeetStudios

Sep 29, 2014
    San Francisco
    Coming Soon Page up @AppAdvice

We've put together a coming soon page at appadvice.com, with more descriptive game information.

www.appadvice.com/trailers/super-looper

We've also gotten some mentions in the press @pocketgamer and @appspy, so that is exciting.

Here is our latest attempt at distilling the essense of the game in a 150 word blurb:

We will be submitting our test run build this weekend to the app store. If you have an iPad and are interested in early access and giving feedback, let me know.

Best Regards,

Ben Jackson
    Chickenfeet Studios