Since you got an iOS device which games have sucked away your life?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by dogface, Nov 25, 2012.

1. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

There have been a few games which I spent way too long playing, much to the annoyance of my other half.

Most recently, Asphalt 7 has been played to death on my iPad. There's just something addictive about trying to get the higher end cars and the shiny graphics. Also it is unbelievably fast at times and runs so smoothly on the iPad. Just before I decided to give that a go, I was hooked on VS Racing 2 for a good couple of weeks. This is a great top down little racer, which plays differently on the iPad (you see more of the track) and phone.

Prior to that, it was probably Pinball Arcade, again on the iPad and this was mainly time spent trying not to lose the ball immediately. The tables are pretty close to the real thing and it's plays really smoothly.

On my iPhone, I got hooked on Tiny Tower for a while, which basically turned into grinding for the hell of it with minimal enjoyment but that was after several days of enjoyment as my tower grew. Infinity blade also sucked a lot of time away as I tried to get all the weapons etc.
    Canabalt is a game a mate recommended and I got pretty good at it. It's basically a endless side scroller where you jump across platforms.

When I first got my first iPod, Angry Birds was on the go until I got 3 stars on every level, got a new iPod and would have had to start from scratch. Also Doodle Jump was played quite a bit but i'm still rubbish at it.

Vectrex Regeneration is coming up soon and combined with my iCade, which has not been used too often (even though I managed to pick up iMame), it should prove a deadly combo.

Well, that's all the time suckers that I can remember off the top of my dome. How about you?

2. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Most recently:

Bad Piggies - easily the best thing Rovio have done, anything that inspires experimentation and creativity is a win in my book.

Coaster Crazy - Made by the RC Tycoon 3 devs, what more is there to say? Creativity again, there are an unlimited number of rollercoasters sitting in my head that need to be brought to life.

Link-a-Pix - Relaxation time. I tend to play this while watching TV or listening to podcasts/radio shows. Once you get to grips with them they become fantastic games for playing without really thinking, allowing your mind to wander. I'm a fan of laziness.

In between all of the above: True Skate - Just can't avoid tapping the icon while deciding what to do next.

3. MeanTuna

MeanTuna Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2012
    Writer
    I too got trapped by Angry Piggies, it is really a quality little game. On topic the games that I play more are the 4x sims ala Starbase Orion and pinball tables. On pinball my favorites are the Little wing ones and the Last Gladiators pinball.

Lately Ive been playing Road Trip 2, it has became my official toilet game and I blame Touch Arcade for that as I havent heard of the game until it appeared on the FP.

4. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    Asphalt 7 and Grand theft auto. Chinatown wars, I just love riding a car in the open world and killing people fr fun lol.

5. pavarotti2007

pavarotti2007 Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2010
    UK
    Tower Madness for me. Play it far too much. Recently Zombie Tsunami has taken up a lot of my time. I can't help it but I always end up going back to an Angry Birds game of some sort.

6. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Used to play a lot of fragger but now I play angry birds and bad piggies

7. Primoz

Primoz Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Pocket legends. I played that game for a year and a half, wasted all my time and money in it. It was a great game until the developers nerfed everything up.

I played many other games but I don't regret a minute playing them.

8. Filing Cabinet

Filing Cabinet Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2011
    i've spent most of my time on these games:

- tiny wings
    - flight control
    - monsters at my condo
    - polymer
    - monster flip
    - galaxy on fire 2

more recently Dream of Pixels has been taking up a bit of time, so i'm sure it will end up in my top 5 games played...

9. dogface

dogface Well-Known Member

How did I forget Tiny Wings!?! Hours and hours on that little baby. Haven't bothered much post update but my god I spent a lot of time on it.

10. homieson

homieson Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Bloons,bloons td3

11. King Random

King Random Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Infinity Blade II

One of the few games that I ALWAYS played and NEVER got bored of!!!!

(I've got all the best weapons and everything, level 275/300 [or somewhere around there] unbelievable game!)

12. DannyTheElite

DannyTheElite Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2012
    Forum poster
    Area 51
    Bloons td 5
    Any kairosoft game

13. bentrengrove

bentrengrove New Member

Nov 27, 2012
    • Super Hexagon
    • Trainyard
    • Pocket Planes

Super Hexagon I just cannot put down, plus it was released on Steam today so now I go from playing on my phone to my computer. I can't escape!

14. weehoo

weehoo Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2010
    the stars
    By order of importance:

1. Space Miner

2. Sim City Deluxe

3. Galaxy on Fire 2

4. Kingdom Rush

5. AirCoaster

15. Pman

Pman Well-Known Member

May 2, 2010
    Texas
    I know exactly how you feel. People used to say video games just waste your life, but I always say, if something makes you and happy, and to have fun doing it, then in no way is it wasting your life away.

I used to play a game called graal it was really fun for awhile but I stopped playing it.

I also used to play pl and I mainly played star legends.

16. Triscuitable

Triscuitable Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2011
    Games Journalist
    Seattle, WA
    I'll just boot up True Skate on the john or at school, have a podcast playing, and do some tricks while I pass the time. It's very entertaining. Gets old sometimes, but hey: fantastic game regardless.

17. Dekon

Dekon Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Belgium
    Too much to remember but the first one was fieldrunners on my ipod touch 1st gen.

18. kevin paquet

kevin paquet Active Member

Sep 1, 2012
    At the moment, in order of importance it would be:

FIFA'13
    Real Racing 2 (just got into it recently when it was .99)
    Anomaly Warzone
    Air Tycoon 2
    Angry Birds Star Wars

Other games that got me hooked for quite some time in the past were:
    Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy (eventually had to literally give space for FIFA'13)
    Asphalt 6
    Kingdom Rush
    Defender Chronicles
    Super Mole Escape
    Sentinel 3
    Rayman Jungle Run
    Girls Like Robots
    Bad Piggies
    Puzzle Craft
    All the Kairosoft stuff

I badly have to get a 5th gen iPod touch, my 4th gen (which is also just 8GB) isn't holding out much longer with the new releases.

19. saosijs

saosijs Well-Known Member

Mar 24, 2012
    Brazil
    Most played first (estimated):
    • Monster Island
    • Little Lost Chick
    • Rat Fishing
    • Hungry Turtle
    • Follow the Rabbit
    • Siege Hero
    • Fragger
    • Orbit Luna
    • Dash Race
    • Wild Defense
    • Snail Bob

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    IB1, IB2, Punch Quest, TheEndApp, Agent Dash, Blood Roofs, One Epic Knight, Temple Run, Jetpack Joyride, Zombie Tsunami, God of Blades, Run Roo Run, Necrorun, Infinite Warrior, Darkness Rush, Stylish Sprint, DRWAPS, Polara, CSR Racing, Real Racing 2, MAMC, Super MAMC, Dungeon Raid, 10000000, League of Evil 1&2, Invader hunter, EPOCH., Plants Vs Zombies, Anomaly Warzone Earth, Cytus, Contract Killer, Contract Killer:Zombies, Dead Trigger, Beat Hazard Ultra, Chaos Rings (all 3 of them), Drakerider, Wild Frontier, Crimsonheart, MOD, Brandnew Boy.

These are the titles I remember that took TOO MUCH of my time. Most especially TheEndApp, Agent Dash, Infinite Warrior, EPOCH., IB2 and Plants Vs Zombies.