Actual Game effect

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by nkflier23, Jul 12, 2010.

1. nkflier23

nkflier23 Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2010
    To me it doesn't seem like the Ipod's games have that console gaming feel to them. Like the games are excellent but I find myself buying an app playin it once and not bein interested in playing it again and I'm on the next game. I wouldn't dare do this with like a psp or ps2 game though. Like Chaos Rings I had that and never even played it and I and PoP: WW also I played it once and deleted it to make space. Anybody else feel this way?

2. First Light

First Light Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Landscape Desinger
    New Zealand
    Not really if I'm buying games at premium app store prices, I'm only going to buy ones I'm interested in- i love Chaos Rings and have defiantly got my moneys worth out of it.
    With that said, impulse buys (recent gameloft sales...) tend to disappear quickly for space

3. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Yeah most games disappear because they eat too much space and we can't keep the save files, so once we delete them, they're unlikely to return. That's the main point for me.

4. Duke Floss

Duke Floss Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Writer - Producer - Engineer
    English Roundabout
    I play them until I beat them - then I remove them.

As for save games - I like what The Quest has done by enabling to export your save games back to your computer through iTunes. More games should enable this type of functionality.

5. Moonjump

Moonjump Well-Known Member

May 17, 2010
    Game designer
    Lincoln, UK
    Console games are expensive, so I feel I need to get my moneys worth. I experiment more in the types of iOS games I buy because I'm not loosing much if they turn out to be not my thing. But sometimes I end up with gems such as Sword & Poker 2, and play them a lot.