Superbrothers: S&S iphone.. shouldve been released along with ipad.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by EyesAblaze, Mar 24, 2011.

1. EyesAblaze

EyesAblaze Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    I dunno about you guys.. but im pretty dissapointed that no indicators were given that the iphone version of the game is getting released at a later time..
    Dont get me wrong the game looks awesome, but im a little pissed that it wasnt around the same time, we itouchers have to wait a few more weeks :(
    Just gotta sit back, chillax a bit ,and bust out some FFIII and pass the time.:p
    I hope they can improve anything they may get in the next few weeks.

Do you think they are gonna see what suggestions they get from the ipad build to improve the iphone version in the upcoming weeks?
    Why do you believe there was a delay between them?
    Are you a little annoyed?(Itouchers directed question)
    Leave your feed back below.

As always, your friendly neighborhood Toucharcadian EyesAblaze.

2. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    Should everyone with an iPad start a similar thread everytime there's a few weeks delay between the iPhone and iPad version? (nearly every release)

Honestly you moaning kids are really starting to annoy me (I'm assuming your a child cause an adult wouldn't moan and rant in this fashion)

The reason for the iPhone version delay has been well documented, it's not everyone elses fault that youre too lazy to read an entire thread,

Mods please close this thread as it is pointless and doesn't serve any meaningful purpose.

3. DusT_HounD

DusT_HounD Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2010
    @Eyesablaze:
    uh, in fact the devs did give a very clear heads-up that the iphone/ touch version would be released later than ipad. They explained that this was because they are a small team, and were focusing on the ipad version first since there are only ipad 1 and 2, wereas iphone/ touch have several versions, and so would require more testing on the different devices.

4. EyesAblaze

EyesAblaze Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    #4 EyesAblaze, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
    Ah, no. Im not a little kid Fyi. Emotions are hard to express through the internet. I was merely agitated. IF you meant that I SHOULD be the Dev's site/page drooling over the information on the platform release, then maybe I would've seen the platform release information. I usually do visit most devs websites to gather extra information on the game. This was the only exception where I didn't not bother to. The release information here on Touch arcade about the platform release dates weren't clearly stated.

If it seems to have turned into some kind of rant, it wasn't. It was, in summary, an opening to a poll. "What do you think they are going to do in the next few weeks before release?"

And as for the last Main page update on the matter at hands, i didn't bother to read: due to the fact that in the last post, it explained that it was going to spoil it for you.(this fashion of not reading posts is very uncommon with me, because I enjoy immersing myself with the creative tactics of the developers,and the TA staff writters take on the matter.

Im not some uninformed moron who roams to rant. If you feel the need to let out your one sided opinion on my post and(probably everyone elses who decides to make a post(That seems to be a rant(which may be)), that it isnt alright with you. feel the liberty to express your negative opinion,which honestly no one cares about, elsewhere.

5. EyesAblaze

EyesAblaze Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Within the last few posts ive seen, I havent seen any release date info here on toucharcade, not the dev website.

6. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    a) Have you read the S&S threads as indications were provided by the developers about the iPhone release coming after the iPad version, once that decision was made. ie: no need for a thread with this title.

b) It's better to have the Ipad release now, rather than holding both back.

c) IPad users wait longer for games in most cases and they pay more than Iphone users for the same games, so they probably have a greater right to grumble about things in general.

7. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    This. Perhaps it wasn't quite obvious enough for people who don't pay as much attention, but they have mentioned it several times over the past month at least.

8. EyesAblaze

EyesAblaze Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    No they haven't sadly, Atleast in main page posts they haven.
    Sometimes, when they hold back games to a later release they can loose revenue. Anyone who knows buisness tactics, knows that if you release on both platforms at the same time. Take for example xbox ps3 and wii. If you release a game for xbox and it sucks and release it for ps3 later, people wouldve informed from the early release if the game sucked oter console owners would decide otherwise on the game. BUT, if you released on both platforms you can have a chance of gaining more revenue on starting release due to the fact that both platforms were released at the same time less people may be aware of the game quality and pick it up anyways.

This isn't simply a poll more or less. Not a rant.

9. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    I do find it a bit frustrating that with a game that the developers seem to have tried so hard to make it perfect they couldn't delay the release a bit so it would be on both platforms at once.

But maybe I'm just pissed that I'm gonna have to listen to people raving and giving away spoilers for a month.:rolleyes:

10. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    The name-calling wasn't necessary, but I do share your opinion.

11. Rasterico

Rasterico Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    United Kingdom
    #11 Rasterico, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
    Perhaps I was a little harsh but the thread title instantly got my back up.

I own both an iPhone 4 and an iPad and every month I see a slew of games released on iPhone first with the iPad following weeks if not months later in some cases, while I have the best of both worlds it's also a double edged sword as I never know if the HD iPad version is just around the corner if I pick something up for my phone, I don't moan about this though I usually end up buying the app for both platforms if I feel it's worthy.

I've seen lots of similar posts in all 3 of the threads relating to this game and also in the comments on 1 of the main articles concerning it, just because the iPad actually gets a game slightly ahead of the iPhone doesn't give people the right to demand that the release should have been held back so they don't feel left out, This is in my opinion childish.

The iPhone has had a good run in respect of being the platform of choice to launch on, this time the developer decided differently for valid reasons which were stated many times in all 3 threads.

The fact that the thread starter missed these is knowones fault but their own, all three threads were kept totally spoiler free so not reading is not an excuse.

12. Red1

Red1 Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Nov 26, 2010
    Pre-occupied
    Three people have just told you that the earlier iPad release was advised, but you still insist it wasn't? We all knew for a while this was happening. There were multiple messages on touch arcade about it, prior to the ipad release. Look for yourself...and then you should probably apologuize to the devs for publishing misinformation in a public forum.

Can you please provide some evidence to support your comments about game devs making greater profits by releasing all copies at once? Im surprised you have access to the information required to make this comment. The developers in this instance were getting negative press for their delays, so they very wisely released the iPad version earlier.

13. EyesAblaze

EyesAblaze Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Well anyways chaps. Thanks for the feed back. I'll be sure to read every single post I can ever find, ever. Just to keep check of all release dates so that I don't confuse people into thinking that this was some kind of childish rant which it wasn't. But anyways carry on.

14. EyesAblaze

EyesAblaze Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    #14 EyesAblaze, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
    No, I find it great that they release the iPad version early, Becuase the game is more than likely spectacular.
    As for release dates, the iPad to iPhone release dates werent specifically clearly stated on THE MAIN PAGE. not forums. From what I've seen most Posts on THE MAIN PAGE were iPad related but, in most reviews now-a-days they usually use the ipad versions in most reveiws. so I think some others and myself assume most of the time that when a video trailer on the game is shown along with a post that shows both platforms being used I would begin to think(with the way most post are now) that it would be evenly released on the same day.
    I don't find it hard to wait for anything at all, I was hoping it would get released yesterday, which it didnt. I don't mind, I hope they may take suggestions they receive from the iPad built and maybe implement the fixes for the iPhone version.

I don't have information about the dev's who released the game, but anybody who knows sales tactics or somewhat should understand the principals of same day platform releases "can" increase revenue, depending on the quality, and anticipation of the game.
    In the same perspective any dev can do what ever they want, I don't want any say in how they do things.
    As for evidence: when do you NOT see a game released on all platforms at the same time?
    It's a pretty commonly used business tactic, but sometimes devs do it differently and it turns out just fine.

15. EyesAblaze

EyesAblaze Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    #15 EyesAblaze, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011

I'm glad were on more civil terms, but infact when they did receive the iPad version pre release they said "if you do not want to have the game spoiled, I advise you to stop reading now"

I don't really mind the wait in my opinion, it should be worth it.
    We all know future platforms will be released and their titles along with them
    Again. I cannot express this any stronger. This was a question, not a rant lol. What do you think they will do with the time inbetween released?
    I hope they may implement any feedback they may get from the iPad build

16. EyesAblaze

EyesAblaze Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    Prehaps I shouldve double checked the title before submitting to avoid confusion. That was a fault on my part, sorry Sir's.

17. Noman

Noman Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Maybe you should also check the rules before quadruple-posting :rolleyes:

I was aware from quite early on that there would be a delay for the iphone version, I think you're overreacting a bit. I mean, even if they didn't make it clear what difference does it really make?

I just really wish I could have been one of the first to play this game as it looks stunning.

18. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    "Stay tuned for the iPad release of Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP which is scheduled this Thursday... [snip]... If you've got an iPhone, Superbrothers is saying the iPhone-specific version of the game will arrive sometime next month."

This is a quote from the last paragraph of the front page preview from March 21st. Seems pretty clear to me that both versions of the game were not coming out on the same day.

http://toucharcade.com/2011/03/21/sword-and-sworcery-preview/

19. EyesAblaze

EyesAblaze Active Member

Jan 29, 2011
    "If you've found yourself captivated by the few S&S details that have leaked out over the past year and have decided you're going to download the game regardless, I'd really just stop reading here. It will have the most impact and by far will be the best experience going in to the game completely blind. Of course, I won't blame you if you need to keep reading, but just beware that all bets are off after this screenshot:"

This is where I stopped reading, I didn't want the game spoiled.

20. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    "Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, $4.99 – Initially, S&S will only be available for the iPad. If all goes as planned, the iPhone version should be released in around a month. I've put it through its paces already and posted a preview of the game which is worth checking out while you wait for it to appear on any of the international App Stores today."

Front page post, March 23rd.