Another page and a ban.

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by markx2, Aug 8, 2009.

1. markx2

markx2 Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Currently New Games shows New Games, Price Drops and the insane "We have the same app in a dozen languages and we drop the price and increase it constantly and we love filling so much of TA".

So a proposal:
    New Games
    Does just that. New games only. Every dev gets their fair shot in that space and every reader knows that they really are seeing the new stuff.

Price Drops.
    Again just what it says. Devs that drop their price to get a little visibility get their shot too on that page.

The Ban.
    Those "games" that release a stack of versions / price drops all at one (Brain puzzles for instance) are gone, leave them out, don't show anywhere. If your one app happens to show somewhere in that mass then you just lost a lot of people even looking. It's not their right to be shown here and their behaviour isn't so great.

There is a bonus effect:
    Here in the UK I can wake and find the front page full of a combination of the above. So while in the US those apps all get their front page time in view of readers they can miss us. Sure we can go to Appshopper but if the above could be done we wouldn't need to - it would all be here.

My apologies if this has been discussed before.

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I don't remember seeing a thread about this before, and your proposal sounds good. My guess, however, is that the new game list is automatically generated from an RSS feed (or something similar); without active editorial involvement, it's not clear how you would be able to classify the games into categories (though I could imagine sorting between "New Games" and "Price Drops," since that info is on the description).