Universal Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - (by Rockstar Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Dec 11, 2013.

1. oscar123967

oscar123967 Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    #1121 oscar123967, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    The game doesn't lag on A6 devices... Just A7, which makes it even more frustrating.

I'm not going to play this game at 5-10 FPS when I know for a fact it can run at 30 FPS

2. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    For myself it's more about the lack of support given to this game after its release. I just can't continue to support devs that rely solely on the name of their product. I could care less about having GTA in my pocket if it means the game can't/won't be as good as intended. Just a little quality control goes a long way. This games been out for 4-5 months now and still has many of the same bugs. Like why can't they make some kind of statement on this? Maybe like "we know we messed up and we are working to get it under control". Instead we get smoke blown up our collective a$$e$.

3. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    I think GTA:SA will be polished,without any common bugs,and problem with A7 devices,later This year,when hit it's 10th anniversary..

4. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Because you and I and a handful of people on this forum don't matter,We are all under the shadow of casual gamers who are just happy to see that something like this is even available for their device and have since either not touched the game or have deleted it.I have myself completed the game on my android device and don't plan on playing it again until they fix the framerate,if they do that I may consider buying the iOS version....but if they wanted to then they could have patched in these 4 months and it seems they don't care about it anyway...so..

5. goodboyback

goodboyback Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2014
    If you are being serious here then forget about it.

6. Gov

Gov Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2013
    You're playing on iOS. Not the best platform for bug-free gaming. Firstly the software is upgraded every 2~3 months which potentially breaks apps/games. Plus you're playing a mobile port, so expect these issues! Example an iPhone 5s doesn't give full priority to gta sa when playing the game, it needs to share memory, cache an other operations to keep the iPhone powered. Plus Apple have given a measly 1gb ram allowance, so devs can't speed up fixes, and must work out ways to combat issues with limited ram.

All you got to do, is stop complaining like everyone else and play the game. If you can't handle this and are crying like a baby and throwing your toys out the pram... Then stop playing the game and never rush to buy something like this on mobile in the future.. Expect this more often with big name apps.

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    So have you contacted rockstar directly? Lots of people moan about issues but never contact the dev. The more people who contact them about this the better

8. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #1128 oscar123967, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
    Its been months and they still haven't fixed this one issue. The game runs perfectly fine for the iPhone 5. The game runs terribly on the iPhone 5s. War Drum expected too much from the A7 processors even though it can't handle much more than the A6. They just need to optimize the game for the A7. They haven't fixed this issue and its frustrating, plus they show no progress. That is why we are frustrated. We want to play the game, but its an extremely bumpy road and it soon becomes a job to play the game. The devs at War Drum are just frustrating. Do you understand? Should I retype this more clearly?

Oh and I wouldn't call the frustrated people babies. We all know your rep on these forums ;) You're calling us babies? I'd say the one who has a history of arguments, who has gotten banned before, and who has pirated iAP as well, is closer to a baby than we are. We're just ranting about the situation. If you don't like that, then why not inform us to change the topic? Or just stop checking the thread. Looking back at your most recent posts on this thread, it seems like you don't even own the game or still play the game. Heck, it seems you're not in our situation at all.

We would all appreciate you leaving this thread since you are obviously making others more heated about the situation.

Sent RS Support emails, contacted them and WDS via twitter, have posted on their forums, and have contacted (kinda) WDS through email as well. Nothing. Got a typical reply from RS Support that said: We'll forward your ideas to the devs. I got no reply from WDS themselves.

9. SuperMonkey9988

SuperMonkey9988 Active Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Although it has to share memory with multiple things, it still has more than 10x as much ram free for the game than the ps2 did, and that version ran at a smooth 40+ fps, compared to my iPad mini r that runs it at less than 20. The reason everyone thought that this port was going to be great is that the previous one, vice city, was fantastic, so naturally we expected it to work out the same this time.

But I don't know why I'm wasting my time telling you this, as your only goal seems to be is to heat up the discussion, please leave if that is your intentions.

10. ScornedNerdvana

Apr 16, 2014
    Can anyone tell me how this is running on an original iPad Mini? Is it still crashing/draining the battery at a crazy rate still?

11. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Well it runs pretty bad on the 4s so I wouldn't expect any difference on the Mini. The 5c and the iPad 4 are the ways to go when playing this game. Anything lower or higher expect some issues

12. dudewelcome

dudewelcome Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    and ipod touch 5, i've seen barely any framerate issues since two updates ago, but, to be fair, i haven't updated to the most recent 1.0.4 out of fear that it'll stop working

13. oldsnake

oldsnake Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Male
    Impiegato
    Bologna italy
    No,it's not a question to be serious,cause I also buy at launch GTA:SA,but the story say,here on iOS,that GTA 3 it's come out on it's 10th anniversary,same for VICE CITY,but GTA:SA came out a year before its 10th anniversary,surprising me,and I think everybody here..but why 1 year before? I want say,it's that this year,near at the end,like the other GTA,we got a major update,"for celebrate it's 10th anniversary Rockstar game is proud to announce the biggest update"something like this..

14. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    ^lets hope that would be the case, then everybody happy. :D

15. SuperMonkey9988

SuperMonkey9988 Active Member

Apr 6, 2013
    #1135 SuperMonkey9988, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    As much as I wish that they would just fix this game already, it wouldn't make any sense for them to hold back an update just to coincide with the anniversary, and would just look bad on their part to make a big deal of bug fixes, when those bugs should have never existed in the first place. The whole reason they released it this early is to cash in on gta v's success; it even says something along the lines of "you've visited Los santos in gta v, now you experience it the way it was almost 10 years ago."

16. swimmingcub

swimmingcub Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2012
    I had a 4s and it ran perfectly fine? I'm also now using a 5s and it's even better on there. So I don't know why everyone's having issues!?

17. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    #1137 oscar123967, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    Are you still in Los Santos? Los Santos is fine, San Ferriro is decent with around 10 fps at some points, Las Venturas is just hell

18. swimmingcub

Aug 5, 2012
    Ya I have been around the whole game and I don't see any fps drops. Maybe when there's a huge explosion it goes down a bit but not anything to bad.

19. oscar123967

Aug 1, 2012
    Huh weird
    All the vids on youtube show bad fps drops and the fps drop is pretty bad on my 5s as well... Thinking about reinstalling it now

20. swimmingcub

Aug 5, 2012
    Maybe there cameras just suck. Lol but go ahead and try it! :)