★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

08-02-2015, 08:02 PM
Xenogears is my all time favorite RPG. I sure would love to see an iOS port of it.

Follow me at @bitgamereviews for video game news and reviews.

My favorite video game genres include adventure, board, 4X, roguelike, space sims, and strategy games.
08-02-2015, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldgamer View Post
Do you only do iOS and console RPGs?

I'd love to vote for either of my two favourite RPGs. The Bards Tale III: Thief of Fate and Ultima IV:Quest of the Avatar.
The game has to be on iOS for me to cover it in the RPG Reload. Luckily, The Bard's Tale 3 is included in The Bard's Tale app, so that's just a matter of time. Ultima 4 *was* briefly available on iOS. While we don't usually cover pulled games, you might want to check somewhere around Christmas time. You might like what you find.

08-02-2015, 10:10 PM
So, it's been suggested a few times, and I'm happy to say that it's going to happen: The RPG Reload is going to be a real, honest-to-goodness book! While the ETA and some of the details are yet to be determined, it will be available in both paper and electronic form, and it will collect the first year's worth of RPG Reload articles. If it goes well, we'll probably keep doing these at the end of each year. Wow, all the reading of a website, but heavier and odor-absorbent! What's not to like?
Yesterday, 11:59 AM
That's super great news!
Yesterday, 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Musgrave View Post
So, it's been suggested a few times, and I'm happy to say that it's going to happen: The RPG Reload is going to be a real, honest-to-goodness book! While the ETA and some of the details are yet to be determined, it will be available in both paper and electronic form, and it will collect the first year's worth of RPG Reload articles. If it goes well, we'll probably keep doing these at the end of each year. Wow, all the reading of a website, but heavier and odor-absorbent! What's not to like?
Congrats! I can't wait to get it.
Yesterday, 12:50 PM
eBook or GTFO, please
Yesterday, 05:41 PM
Is Coldfire Keep on your list to cover someday?
Yesterday, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAdamm View Post
Is Coldfire Keep on your list to cover someday?
It's actually on the schedule, but you'll have to be patient because it's still months away.

JindoFox: there will be an ebook version, of course.