Confidence: The Game (Show) for iOS -- gameshow trivia app with awesome twist!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jeb ory, Mar 9, 2011.

1. jeb ory

jeb ory Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2009
    CEO of The App House
    Chicago
    Here's a sneak peak to Confidence: The Game!, by The App House, makers of Simon Graham and the Extraordinary Timepiece.

Confidence: The Game
    is a family-friendly trivia game show app for the iPhone, iPad, and iTouch. Play Confidence: the Game against a friend on the same device, over Game Center, or challenge one of four distinct computer opponents, each with his, her, or its (yes, there’s even a robot!) personalities. What sets the app apart from other trivia games is that it allows each player to customize the game to make the most of his or her strengths.

Check out a GamePlay video here!

What can you expect with Confidence:
    • The game consists of three rounds and draws from a pool of more than 2,500 questions in 250 categories in the full version.
    • Challenge four different computer opponents with distinct personalities and strengths, including John “Couch QB” Cooper, Rob the Movie Nut, Smart Shirley, AV-110 The Robot, and other surprise characters. Can you beat all of them?
    • Challenge friends on the same device in the head-to-head mode or over Game Center
    • Earn achievements and strive to be the highest-ranking player on the global Game Center leaderboard.
    • Each round uses questions from different categories.
    • Players “rank their confidence” in each of the categories, assigning the highest point totals to categories in which they have the most confidence.
    • The Final Confidence is a wild card – the players need to wager a portion of their points on a single question from a random category.

Confidence: The Game
    will be available for free on the iTunes App Store around April 1st. The free version will offer players approximately 400 questions across 32 categories. Three additional packs of 700 questions each can be purchased for $0.99 each, or all 3 packs can be purchased for $1.99.

If you are interested in being a beta tester, please leave a post in the thread, and PM me your UDID. We have space for a few more. Also, would love any feedback on the game based on the video.

We will be having a launch promotion around launch time--April 1st, no joke--and we might be giving away a free iPad!

Let us know what you think!

Thanks,

@theapphouse

Attached Files:

2. natejeevas

natejeevas Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Student
    Not USA
    Hmm, I think the GUI need to be more polished. Although the game looks nice as a family-game.

3. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    #3 MICHAELSD, Mar 10, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
    The wording of the questions needs work as well, especially if the app is going to be used educationally. In the pictured question, the question implies that all of the possible answers are sentences, when in fact none of them have to be a single sentence.

Still, it may be worth the download as long as the questions are not all so badly worded.I would especially like to see online trivia play. I'll give it a try and play a few rounds if the questions are also current.

4. jeb ory

Dec 28, 2009
    CEO of The App House
    Chicago
    Follow-up

Thanks for the suggestion... Could you suggest what elements of the GUI we should focus on specifically?

5. jeb ory

Dec 28, 2009
    CEO of The App House
    Chicago
    To Michael

Michael--
    Thanks for the catch. We are planning on doing a few more rounds of question review prior to launch, but your note is a really good one.

If you are interested in beta testing the app, please send me your UDID. If not, I'll PM you when we go live!

Thanks,
    Jeb

6. MICHAELSD

MICHAELSD Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    I would love to beta test, but I never seem to have the time when I accept offers so I am going to say no. But I will definitely try the game when it is released! If there is a paid proofreading job available, I would also likely take that on. Also, I can help overhaul the interface if you would like, but I am too preoccupied with other things for it to be just a hobbyist deal.

7. lucky_seven

lucky_seven Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    this is a family-friendly trivia game show app for the iPhone, iPad, and iTouch. Play Confidence: the Game against a friend on the same device, over Game Center, or challenge one of four distinct computer opponents, each with his, her, or its (yes, there’s even a robot!) personalities.

8. jeb ory

Dec 28, 2009
    CEO of The App House
    Chicago
    Now available! Download Confidence: The Game today!

You can download Confidence: The Game for FREE for a limited time here: http://bit.ly/h3qxWj

Check it out!

9. Xyo

Xyo Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    My family has had a great time playing this game!
    Well done, devs.

10. jeb ory

Dec 28, 2009
    CEO of The App House
    Chicago
    Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words!

Join us on the Facebook fanpage at www.facebook.com/confidencethegame!

11. Xyo

Xyo Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Is there any plans for future in-app purchases? Such as NPC's?

12. jeb ory

Dec 28, 2009
    CEO of The App House
    Chicago
    Unlock Computer AI!

XYO:

If you unlock the in-app purchases in the game now, you get access to up to 4 additional AI characters to play against! Have you tried it? And yes, we will be adding many features to the game in the coming weeks and months.

13. Xyo

Xyo Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Just bought the in-app purchases!
    Thanks for the quick response!

14. jeb ory

Dec 28, 2009
    CEO of The App House
    Chicago
    You got it!

Maybe we need to make them clearer? Enjoy! And leave a review please!

15. Xyo

Xyo Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Gladly! I think it deserves 5 stars.

16. cts125

cts125 Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Well...big problem....

I d/l the free version of Confidence and found it to be a great, fun trivia game...nice job....

But when my wife and I played multiplayer we kept getting the exact same questions and categories....so I bought the 'Gold Pack' for $2.99 (there was no way to know if the Gold Pack made any changes...no confirmation of purchase or expanded menus) and expected more varied questions and categories....

Unfortunately, after playing three games last night and getting 80% of the same categories every game and getting a number (more than 50%) of the same questions (three times for a few!)...we gave up. It's really not much fun when you know the answers and the same questions keep repeating.

I'm disappointed because I really liked the format of the game...the choice to assign greater/lesser weight to categories and the other game mechanics. But it's wasted (and so it appears is my money) if it just repeats and repeats.
    Too bad....

CT

17. cts125

cts125 Member

Feb 2, 2010
    UPDATE: Fixing issues...

UPDATE: Got an email from theapphouse and they are working on an update to address the repeating questions....that will make this an excellent, fun trivia game!!

18. jeb ory

Dec 28, 2009
    CEO of The App House
    Chicago
    Thanks

Thanks CTS. We will keep you and the rest of the community posted.