Ridiculous amount of new games

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Themagictouch, Mar 5, 2010.

1. Themagictouch

Themagictouch Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2009
    hey i just look at the homepage of toucharcade and it's ridiculous how many new games that look so appealing to me are coming out soon why such the sudden burst of new game news?

2. sid187

sid187 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    dunno, just buy them and play them when you get around to it. thats what i do. laughs

chris.

3. blake

blake Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2010
    Idk, but I need to control myself before I spend too much money.

4. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    it's the opposite for me o:
    I haven't really bought anything lately
    or at least it feels that way. nothing's out and nothing's coming out that's interesting to me

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    You've got a terminal case of jadedness, my friend. Sorry to hear that.

6. Gryphon23

Gryphon23 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2009
    McDonalds! French Fries anyone?
    At that place... with those... people...
    Yeah, there is a lot of cool games lately... but I have to wait until next month, my allowance is really low. :( :p

7. zztfox

zztfox Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Yeah, of all the games I bought today, I find myself going to Bit Pilot the most.

The sad thing is that it was the cheapest of all the items I bought at $.99 vs $4.99 for Raging Thunder 2 and $2.99 for Radio Flare REDUX...

All were worth it though!

8. wootbean

wootbean Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2009
    the next whiskey bar
    no
    :(

9. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Alright -- maybe it's not terminal.

10. JamesDean69

JamesDean69 Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Yeah I agree, and I already have quite a few games i havent even synced over that i bought cause i dont have room till i beat the other great games. Playing Hero of Sparta, Assassins Creed 2, and Final Fantasy (Again), along w, the regular time wasters like Bookworm, HR Slugger, etc. Trying to start Astro Ranch. Still need to start quite a few RPG's as well. Then there are so many awesome games still to get. Space ore, Street Fighter, Hockey NAtions, Phoenix Wright(Cant wait for these).

And thats just iphone games. Not to mention all the awesome console games out now. Heavy Rain, Bioshock2 etc. Its a good thing having so much to look forward too but its also overwhelming. I guess we can have worse problems tho right? Looks like i wont be having much of a life in the coming months. My gf is gonna hate me. She already yells at me for playing too many games. See my GF or play games....Hmmm. LOL !

11. laladanger

laladanger Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    #11 laladanger, Mar 5, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2010
    I'm really regretting buying a 8gb but at least it stops me from spending too much money... Just most of the new games look so good and tempting. :(

12. madmud101

madmud101 Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Even though there has been loads of games out in the last week or so, they haven't really appealed to me.

The only ones i'm interested in are Space Miner: Spaces Ore Bust and Ragdoll Blaster 2.

13. Deewin

Deewin Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    My guess is because developers are hopping onboard since the app store has a large userbase and is proven to be successful. It kind of stinks because I used to browse TA for my app purchases and now it's kind of hard because I don't want to buy every good app I see anymore. I recently just bought this amazing game called SPACE MINER and can't believe I almost missed out on this!!

14. Ddyracer123

Ddyracer123 Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    This is nothing unusual. IMO, it seems TA goes dead for a month or so on upcoming games and then it comes alive again bursting with upcoming games. Of course, there's alot of games released every day which people would count, but I'm talking about the ones that are on the front page or are hyped up.

15. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Temme me about it!

I'll wait for the next iPod touch which comes widda cam coz I do not think there is anything else that can go inside it... can you?

16. sk8erdude50

sk8erdude50 Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2009
    i just get the cheap games that look really nice, or the expensive games that look incredible, because I realized that those are the only ones I keep on my iphone. For example, I knew GTA: CW would be amazing, so I got it, unlike gameloft games, which are eye-candy at first, but end up being deleted from my phone in a month. Same goes to cheap games. At first I would buy a lot, and delete half of them quickly after realizing they are bad. This turned expensive for me, so I only get the great cheap games like tilt to live. I also dont rely on hype anymore.:D

17. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    .... and all the games have the word zombie in them. I'm not anti-zombie but this is silly.

18. Froggyboby

Froggyboby Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2009
    Missouri
    It's March Madness!!!!!!!! Ima goin crazy!!1! Whoopie!

19. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    There are hardly any new games coming out compared to November-December of last year.

20. laladanger

laladanger Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Yeah I don't think they can add much more to it without making it become a phone... but you never know. I'm probably going to wait until my contract is up next March :( and get the iphone. Wow that sounds like a long time away.