Best golf game on IOS?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Cramulus, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Cramulus

Cramulus New Member

Aug 19, 2011
    I have been looking for a great golf game on the IOS that has multiplayer, and I thought I found it with Let's Golf 3. However, it is not a single purchase game and I want a game that I don't have to open my wallet for every time I wanna play 18 holes. So, I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions, besides Tiger Woods Golf, which has no online multiplayer. I want something I can just pick up and play a few holes on, but if I get the urge, play for more than 4 holes at a time.

Thanks ahead of time for the suggestions!

2. Mr. Grizzly

Mr. Grizzly Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    What do you mean it is not a single purchase game? I noticed it was free last night, but I couldn't download it because the app store was having problems. I should go check it now.

3. flameon

flameon Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2011
    flick golf! is fun, i have it on my ipod and i play it occasionally, but i dont know if it has multi. i dont think it does... :eek:

@Mr.Grizzly, you have to pay for more games after playing 1 or 2 games on Lets Golf 3. Gameloft wants your money. D:

4. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    Pangya on the PC is far better than any golf game on the iOS so far, but if you really insist on convenience over quality, you could always buy that Gameloft games pack and play Let's Golf 1. I don't think any golf games on the iOS have a very large player-base though. I'm pretty sure that Let's Golf 3 is the only one where you can consistently find multiplayer matches. Maybe Super Stickman Golf, but that's 2D.

5. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    I quite enjoy Let's Golf 2. But I hear-tell that Gameloft pulled it to try and make more money off LG3.

6. caanerud

caanerud Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Pangya / Super Swing Golf is awesome and one can only hope that it will make it to IOS eventually.

7. plasmakirby3

plasmakirby3 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Junior in High School
    Northern California
    Agreed, that would be my dream come true. Getting the PSP version ported to iOS is actually not much of a stretch.

Alternatively, I would be fine if Let's Golf 4 had as much style and required as much skill as Pangya :p

8. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Tiger Woods is pretty fun but lacks multi, and LG2 is amazing (and my favorite), but it's gone with the release of LG3. Super Stickman Golf is pretty great, but not the same feel as the others.

Pangya is fun if you play with timed shots so that you don't get slam dunked against every shot. -_- Haha

9. Cramulus

Cramulus New Member

Aug 19, 2011
    Thanks for the input guys! I like Flick Golf, but I prefer to play entire holes and not the mini-game modes that the game offers. Guess I'll have to wait a bit before I start to golf on my Ipod (which might be a good thing productivity-wise). If only I could write to Gameloft to fight for a one-time fee option...

10. js1210

js1210 Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Its definitely not what youre looking for, its gameplay is not Tiger Woods Golfesque at all. But a fun, physics based game is Super Stickman Golf. Its very different from real golf, and its viewed from the side, but actually has quite a golf feel to it. Its at least worth checking out

11. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    None I've played are very good on IOS and I have Flick Golf (not bad but not golf), Tiger Woods 10 /11 and Let's Golf 2. Your right to avoid Let's golf 3 Gameloft are just being insanely greedy on a game that wasn't very good to start with from what I can see nothings improved from Let's Golf 2 except they want you to pay to play.
    It's completely possible there is a good one on IOS that I just haven't played but your guess is as good as mine.

If you have a PSP I recommend you get Tiger Woods or one of the Hotshots Golf games it's worth the extra for a bit of quality.

12. Madman100

Madman100 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2011
    If you can stand waiting and can spare the space I'd suggest trying LG3 if you've not already.