Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-24-2014, 01:55 PM

Played it last night and loved it. Totally delivered all the sleazy, beady-eyed animals I could ever ask for! After finishing I started to think it was a demo too. The setting, characters, and premise are so developed they beg for a more expansive game. I even went looking for a funding page when I was done because I was ready to donate for something bigger. Cool to find out it was a labor of love made for the experience.

TA's review prepared me to play right before bed with all the lights off and I expected to play start to finish. It's really helpful to be put in that mindset before diving in, just like when you pick up a short story you know you're not getting novel.

Critiques... Keeping in mind the time frame this was made in, that it's free, and meant to be finished in one sitting, it's difficult to critique. There are things I'd like such as challenging puzzles or more to explore in the environments.

All things considered it's remarkable and I enjoyed the experience. I hope the second installment is in the works!
Old 02-26-2014, 10:36 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Audio designer and composer for A Darker Shade of Red checking in. First of all I'm so grateful for all of your comments! It's been such a pleasure to be working on this game for 1 1/2 months.

It's interesting to hear about your opinions on everything from game design, narrative, art, animations and audio design. Every information and comment is valuable for our team. I'm obviously very must interested in comments about the audio design, music and voice acting since this is what I'm working with.

I'll be available for any questions regarding the 3 areas, so ask me about anything that's on your mind. I'm looking forward to it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewskii View Post
I love the hell out of this game. Great production values. Great voice acting. I even love the music (will it be available anytime soon?). Anyways, this game has left me with wanting more. Episode 2 needs to be on the App Store yesterday. So excited to see how the story plays out. Is there a newsletter I can sign up for to stay updated?
Thanks Drewskii! I really appreciate it! The music for Episode 1 will probable not be available, but I'll definitely take it into consideration for the further development. It will probable help not being under a 1 1/2 month time limit
Old 03-13-2014, 07:21 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Is part 2 in development/production? Any idea when we could possibly see it?