Mega Tank

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by zombieland, May 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zombieland

zombieland Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    This is Al from Game Gardeners and I would like to share with you our upcoming game Mega Tank!!

It is a hybrid castle defense and endless runner. It is an art game lovingly crafted by a few people.

The story is simple. The old model robots are going to be recycled by the corporation, and so they rebel, jump in their Mega Tank, and plan to teach Earthmart a lesson and roll until the treads fall off. The original idea for the game comes from the street art and fine art of Poor Al's Earthmart universe.

Here is the trailer for the game...

We are currently in soft launch in a few countries and only on iPad. We are working on the iPhone version, and making sure it is ready for worldwide launch.

I will post news and updates here about the game, and you can additionally follow us at Twitter or Facebook.

2. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I can't wait to play this game on my iPhone. I don't have an iPad.

So how do the on screen controls work? Give us some more information! The game trailer is really awesome!

Billy

3. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Billy-

Glad you like the game trailer. We are really proud and excited to get it into more people's hands.

Will answer your question regarding the controls here.

The player touches on the weapon on the tank to activate it. Then you use the aimer that appears to point the weapon in the area you want to hit with fire. Weapons either use a 'cone' aimer or a sliding 'area fire' aimer that slides back and forth. Most weapons auto-fire until out of ammo, and then reload. Some are manual press weapons like the ground mounted ones and the Longbow 8200zx Sniper Rifle. There are 26 upgradable weapons in the launch game.

Power-ups are used by touching them. Some are automatic use, and some are manual and require secondary aiming. There are 9 starting power-ups in the game. Player can have 2 armed with a 1 stack tank, 4 with a 2 stack tank, and 6 with a 3 stack tank.

Here is a link to video of a team member actually playing the game (with fingers in the movie so you can see how they play it):
    https://www.instagram.com/p/6Yp6TBx4UI/?taken-by=megatankgame

We will post more screenshots, weapon videos and some history on the art of the game in future posts!! Let us know if you have any other questions, we'll be happy to give you more info!!

4. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Some screenshots of gameplay on iPad Mini.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I meant to say thank you for the response. I apologize for not getting back to you. It sounds like it's going to be an intense experience. The control scheme sounds really good.

Billy

6. kripa1415`

kripa1415` Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2012
    so many details in the design !! That's amazing !! nice work !!!

7. Bivis

Bivis Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2016
    Mobile App and Game Developer
    São Paulo, Brazil
    I liked it!
    The art details are amazing.
    Unfortunately, it's not available for Brazil in this soft launch. Waiting for the final release!

8. otravu

otravu Active Member

May 16, 2016
    Bucharest, Romania
    looks awesome, love the hugeness of the tank :D

9. sindyan

sindyan Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    I can't wait for the release and the universel version!!!

10. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Thank you!! Was the first digital art project for our main artist! We are hoping to do more with the world for sure!!

11. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Thank you! We appreciate the compliment on the art!!

And yes coming soon to Brazil. We are really excited for the release!

Once it is out, please let us know what you think, what you would like to add or change and we'll see what we can do in the updates!!

12. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    Thank you! Yah, definitely meant to leave no question as to the Meganess of the tank. Our artist has done these tanks as big street murals. (where size matters if you want to make some impact) If we had more screen it would be bigger!!

13. zombieland

Sep 30, 2009
    Designer and Artist
    #13 zombieland, May 21, 2016
    Last edited: May 21, 2016
    Some process...

[​IMG]

This is process shot of how we converted 'street art' into enemies and characters in the game. This is of Not-So-Mega Tank, the boss of the 2nd Battle: Electro-Lotus Jungle!

Poor Al did the original giant tank in St. Louis in 1998. The process shows how it was flipped, then converted into the tank in the game 2d, pixels and ready to be smashed by Mega Tank.