Free 2D Vector Artist

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by Yffum, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    #1 Yffum, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2010
    TEMPORARILY CLOSED

--------------------------------------------------------

Hi, I'm an ametuer vector artist and I'm willing to make art for any games out there for free. All I ask is to be credited. Here is a sample of my work. I'm doing this for practice, there's no catch.

Update #1 (2/24/2010)
    I apologize to everyone for taking so long to reply. It's been a busy week for me outside art so I haven't gotten much done. I don't have any more art to show because It won't look good enough. Each project I do is considerably better than the last. I'm doing this to build my portfolio. I would have no problem if you just gave me one sprite to do to see what it would look like. Then you could use it if you like it or not use it if you don't like it, I don't mind. However, I do currently have a bunch of projects underway and I'm not sure how much time I'd have for more. But if your in no rush then I'd be happy to add you to the list.

Update #2 (3/20/2010)
    Alright, so it looks like I gotta a bunch of requests at the same time. I've been busy with other stuff recently and haven't been doing much art. I currently have one very small project I'm finishing up and I've been working with 2 other people, but I haven't heard back from them in quite a while. I want to take my projects one at a time so I can't except any work at the moment. I'm going to finish up the small project and try to see what's going on with the other ones. I'd also like to say that I want to keep these projects small. The order I except projects will probably be based on how big they are. I'm not willing to do a lot of art because I'm sure I won't be able to commit to it. I'd prefer small projects where I only have to do maybe a couple characters. So like I said before, I can't take on any projects now, but it would help a lot if anybody that wants art PM'd me with a little information on how much art they'd like.

Lastly, I'm going to temporarily stop excepting requests on this thread. Anybody that's already posted or PM'd me can PM me with the info mentioned above and when I've cleared my schedule I'll talk, but I'd prefer if other requests halted for now. This may be temporary or not, I can't tell right now.

Attached Files:

2. The prez 12521

The prez 12521 Well-Known Member

Aug 17, 2009
    School
    USA
    Hey yffum! Well im not looking for a game artsist, but my forums are currently looking for an artist to help us customize...this would be free but we would put your name any place you would want it!

3. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Sure, PM me with more info

4. rhansson

rhansson Well-Known Member

Hi,

Dogtown Studios is currently looking for illustration help. Let me know if you have some more stuff to show?

Thanks!

5. fedraljack

fedraljack New Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Both paint.net and gimp are great for stills.
    Both however are awful for animated sprites.
    I still use Dpain anim even though it's 320 by 200 pixels only,DOS based, and only supports lbm file format.
    If anyone knows of a more modern equivalent I would be very interested.

6. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Nice stuff Yffum!

7. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    I apologize to everyone for taking so long to reply. It's been a busy week for me outside art so I haven't gotten much done. I don't have any more art to show because It won't look good enough. Each project I do is considerably better than the last. I'm doing this to build my portfolio. I would have no problem if you just gave me one sprite to do to see what it would look like. Then you could use it if you like it or not use it if you don't like it, I don't mind. However, I do currently have a bunch of projects underway and I'm not sure how much time I'd have for more. But if your in no rush then I'd be happy to add you to the list.

8. Hi Yffum.
    I'm currenty have code done for few projects, and looking for artist. Cannot offer big money for, but income share is best way i think.
    PM me if you're interested.

9. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

10. dee99

dee99 Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2010
    I am interested, check your inbox

11. Yffum

Yffum Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2009
    Alright, so it looks like I gotta a bunch of requests at the same time. I've been busy with other stuff recently and haven't been doing much art. I currently have one very small project I'm finishing up and I've been working with 2 other people, but I haven't heard back from them in quite a while. I want to take my projects one at a time so I can't except any work at the moment. I'm going to finish up the small project and try to see what's going on with the other ones. I'd also like to say that I want to keep these projects small. The order I except projects will probably be based on how big they are. I'm not willing to do a lot of art because I'm sure I won't be able to commit to it. I'd prefer small projects where I only have to do maybe a couple characters. So like I said before, I can't take on any projects now, but it would help a lot if anybody that wants art PM'd me with a little information on how much art they'd like.

Lastly, I'm going to temporarily stop excepting requests on this thread. Anybody that's already posted or PM'd me can PM me with the info mentioned above and when I've cleared my schedule I'll talk, but I'd prefer if other requests halted for now. This may be temporary or not, I can't tell right now.