Will I miss out a lot on gaming if I switch to Note 2?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by powa, Oct 23, 2012.

1. powa

powa Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Hey guys, been enjoying gaming on my iPhone 4. Though after iPhone5 came out, then comparing Galaxy S3, then to Galaxy Note 2, and after looking at the actual iPhone 5, it makes me think that I should be getting a Note 2 for my next phone. But how are the Google Play games compare to App Store games? I know that Google Play does not have Street Fighter X Tekken kind of games. If I make a switch to Note 2, will I be missing out a lot in the gaming department?

2. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Personally, as an owner of an Android phone and several iOS devices, I find the gaming options on Android lacking. Some people seem to disagree with me however. There are some pertinent threads in the lounge you could look at.

3. DigitalB33R

DigitalB33R Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2010
    Here's a couple I just thought up of...

Infinity Blade II
    Sky Gamblers Air Supremacy
    True Skate
    Bike Baron
    Kingdom Rush
    Zombieville USA 2
    SpellTower
    Fieldrunners 2
    Blueprint 3D

and a lot more but Android does have a good amount of games.

Check them out yourself and see if the number of games meets your requirements.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/category/GAME

---------------------------------------------------------------------

One thing to note is that games/apps tend to get updated A LOT slower on Android.

Fruit Ninja
    Last Updated on Google Play: Mar 23, 2012

Last Updated on App Store: Sep 26, 2012

Modern Combat 3

Last Updated on Google Play: Mar 21, 2012

Last Updated on App Store: Oct 22, 2012

Plants vs Zombies

Last Updated on Google Play: Mar 21, 2012

Last Updated on App Store: Oct 22, 2012

4. THFourteen

THFourteen Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2010
    i switched to a Note from iPhone 4 in February.

No matter what anyone tells you, i can say there are definitely less good games on Android, and the updates are fewer and far between for a lot of apps - for example Spotify gets a lot more love on iOS than it does on Android.

however i love the screen size for surfing and reading, and i love the configurability of it - for example i can set up my RSS feeds to download new (full articles!) every 4 hours, i trawled the web for ages looking for an iOS app that allows scheduled RSS downloads and there was nothing.

5. defred34

defred34 Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Earth
    For now, iOS is better but android is improving by the day. Give it 6 months really and I believe Android will surpass iOS.

6. RoboWarrior

RoboWarrior Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2012
    One major difference is the fact that 720 p resolution screen arent just optimized on android where as iPhones are optimized for retina plus fancy effect not found on android. So you will be missing "fancy" effect a lot like nvidia and ati.

7. klarence

klarence Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    get a ipad and use a android phone is a good idea.
    it's also depends on how many time you need to play on your phone. The less time you need, the better to use a andriod.
    if you have a short commute, i don't think it's will be a problem, play some android games to kill time. and you can play ipad when you have long time.

8. powa

powa Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Thx. I do have an iPad but my GF is occupying it for now.

Think most likely I will go for Note 2!

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    You might want to wait out on the ipad mini. But im not sure how long that would take. :D

10. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

Aaaahahahahahahahahaha.
    That's what Andriod users saying for years.

11. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    There are many great aspects to Android, but I have no idea what people see in the Note. The device is just way too big to carry around everyday in my pocket. Plus good luck using it one handed which is something I do quite off with my phones.

12. Snozberry

Snozberry Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Doesn't really matter because you can just play iOS games on your other iOS devices. Then you get the best of both worlds. You can friggin play nintendo games on the galaxy note and hook it up to the tv and use it like a console..I'm seriously considering it.. I hardly play games on my iPhone anyway, plus I'll keep my ip4 for gaming too probs, but mainly iPad for gaming I prefer.