How are the controls for Star Defense?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by RobCRX, Jul 29, 2009.

1. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    I wasn't going to buy it before...but seeing a drop in price has gotten me interested. How are the controls? Is it easy to get around and place defenses?

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    #2 Booch138, Jul 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2009
    It works seemlessly. You drag and drop towers onto parts of the planet, and you use your finger to swipe and navigate around. Pinching gestures zoom in and out. It's really easy to control, and I was fine with it at 5.99. 2.99 is a steal.

It may not bring a whole lot new to the table of fixed path TD games, but it does the genre right. Plus the 3D planet idea is just fun to work with. Makes things hectic at certain times.

Not to mention is has ngmoco's Plus+ networking, so you can challenge your friends and stuff.

3. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

The controls are great, controls just how you would expect spinning a 3D orb using a touch screen would work.

Also CRX's own.

4. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    Yea buddy!

Thanks for your spin on it guys, I'll probably download it after I get a few more opinions.

5. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Taken either 1999 or 2000:

[​IMG]

Why did I ever sell this car :(

Cracked tail light, otherwise absolutely flawless.

6. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    I'm learning to drive now, and I'm hoping to find a good condition CRX during college =D

7. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ

Haha, good luck with that. They're all rusted out or have been destroyed by ricers with chameleon paint jobs and spoilers.

8. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    I'll take whatever...I'll fix it up the best I can. Heck I might even become a ricer.

9. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I had a dumbass friend who wrecked his CRX into a electric pole. He was driving stupid drunk. What a waste.

10. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    The change has not reflected on AppShoppr yet, Still @ office...

The question is... Has Rolando & R2 Dropped too, did they release a R2 lite yet ?

11. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    You should try an app called appminer. Search it up on the appstore. It lists all the new games, and the games on sale =D I love it. That's how I found out about the sale.

12. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I don't think you'll be getting a Rolando or Rolando 2 sale anytime soon. And I don't think there is a R2 lite, just the first one.

13. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    @ RobCRX
    Thanks for being pro-active...

iKno about appminer & the crashes it had, how much it was flamed her & what not...
    I use an iPod touch & no Wi-Fi @ office, when @ home, I won't need it as i'll have iTunes :)
    iUnderstand that it won't list the price drops so quickly, but I have no plans of getting a wireless router anytime soon too :eek:

14. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    Can't say anything else people haven't already said but the controls are fantastic. Put your fears to rest if that's what's keeping you from getting it. Absolutely worth the $2.99.