Does not Commute - a new game from Mediocre, makers of Smash Hit

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Mediocre Henrik, Apr 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mediocre Henrik

Mediocre Henrik Active Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Game developer
    Malmö
    Hello everyone! Here is the trailer for our new game that is coming out on Thursday! (April 23rd)

What do you think? We'd love to hear your opinion and would be happy to answer questions about the game!

2. abstractgamefreak

abstractgamefreak Well-Known Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Male
    Musician
    Germany
    #2 abstractgamefreak, Apr 20, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
    Finally!

As I love all your games, I cannot wait to get my hands on this one. Now my question: will this game run on my iPad 2 with iOS 7?

3. Kedens

Kedens Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2013
    Graphic Design/Illustration
    Rochester, NY
    This game is really awesome. I hope it sells really well and gets the attention it deserves!

4. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Been looking forward to this, didn't know it was coming so soon, count me in, good luck with your launch.

5. Rythan

Rythan Well-Known Member

May 16, 2014
    Awesome, been looking for this!

6. new_ipodtouch5G_owner

new_ipodtouch5G_owner Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2015
    Canada
    WOW! what can i say about Does not Commute... Visually Spectacular! does come to mind. Looking forward to this game.

Mediocre Henrik, you definitely got another "Smash Hit" on your hands. The visuals/environment of the game look fantastic. The cars driving at night with their lights on, Very nicely done. The fact that you can drive a speed boat is great, and not limited to just the roads.

When released, will the game also have the Premium In-App Purchase option, like in Smash Hit? Or maybe a Free/Premium version? So that way i would have a chance to purchase it when it is released on the iTunes Store. For personal reasons, i am in a small group of people who won't have the convenience to access the internet via Wi-Fi.

7. Mediocre Henrik

Sep 6, 2013
    Game developer
    Malmö
    Thanks!

Hey thanks everyone!

Yes it will be playable on an iPad 2 running iOS7, but some graphics features will be turned off.

The game will have the exact same payment model that Smash Hit did, so just a one in app purchase for checkpoints and that's it! Just like with Smash Hit you can play the whole game for free, but you will always need to start from the very beginning.

Only two more days now! :D

8. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    What is the purpose of this game? Its not apparent from the trailer

9. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    It's a reality based simulator. It perfectly replicates my everyday commute to and from work.

10. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Can't wait for this to hit UK I'll be grabbing this and the unlock for sure :D looks great b

11. Mediocre Henrik

Sep 6, 2013
    Game developer
    Malmö
    Purpose..

I guess you could call it a karma based traffic jam simulator. Its not that hard to explain, but we don't want to rob people of the experience of discovering for themselves how it works, that realization in itself seems to be a lot of fun. :)

12. Havelcek

Havelcek Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 30, 2013
    Well as a New Yorker, traffic is one of my specialties, so I'll check it out.

13. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    I watched the video clip. The sounds and voices really give a creative and unique difference to the car type games.
    I look forward to playing!

14. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    Mediocre rocks!! :D

I can't wait to try this one... looks very challenging

15. DonnyDJ76

DonnyDJ76 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Male
    Teacher
    Hackensack, NJ
    Can't wait to unlock this one! I think it looks like a sophisticated traffic time management game with specific goals.

16. Myqpalzm

Myqpalzm Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Pamulang, Indonesia
    Watched the gameplay video. It looks really promising!

I have a question. Will there be an option to disable the checkpoints? For example, I bought the checkpoint IAP, but at one point I wanted to disable the checkpoints.

17. Mediocre Henrik

Sep 6, 2013
    Game developer
    Malmö
    Hello and thanks!

No.. honestly that never crossed our minds as a feature, to my knowledge we never got any requests for that with Smash Hit (our previous game which had the very same concept) but I guess I could sort of see why you'd want it.

What you could do is to re-install the app after the purchase and not do a "restore purchase". There's nothing stopping you from starting from the beginning though, even if you have checkpoints :)