Nintendo 3DS Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Omega-F, Jan 19, 2011.

1. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    For those who don't already know, Nintendo released the Kingdom Hearts and Theatrerhythm demo's into the eShop yesterday.

2. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Alas, the Vita has few games I'm interested in, costs more, has expensive, proprietary memory cards and doesn't even come with one for $250, so it's pretty moot. Of course right now I can't afford either, so it's really moot. LOL.

3. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #1003 backtothis, Jun 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
    Reviews for Heroes of Ruin are already coming out on the major gaming sites. Looks like it's a pretty incompetent dungeon crawler with a short campaign, meh. Guess I'll stick with Diablo III. It won't even be out in NA for another 4 weeks. Oh well, hopefully KH3D: DDD turns out better. Over a month before that one drops in NA though. New Super Mario Bros. 2 comes out 3 weeks after that.

Edit: Only 3DS title I've grabbed so far this year is KI: U. It's really slowed down.

4. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I warned people this was coming. 3-plus months in-between KI: U and another decent 3DS release.

5. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    It was revealed in the latest issue of Famitsu that Nintendo is going to release a Circle Pad Pro for the 3DS XL later this year. It was also revealed that the XL will have its own cradle as well.

I find it kind of funny that Nintendo is making the add on and didn't just integrate it into the system.

As for the people who think it would fragment 3DS gamers and make some games 3DS Pro (or whatever) exclusive, there are many ways they could combat that. Currently, games that use the Circle Pad Pro have options for both single and dual analog layouts. All they would have to do is continue to make multiple layouts to accommodate both groups of 3DS owners.

6. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    That, for me, is the problem. I have a 3DS with the Circle Pad Pro and whilst it's surprisingly comfortable, there's no denying that it adds a fair amount of bulk to a 'portable' system.

The 3DSXL is already bigger than the original 3DS as it is... adding a larger Circle Pad Pro would surely make it more of a 3DSXXL? I really can't believe Nintendo didn't just integrate the second analogue stick. Still, they're probably saving it for the 3DSXL Duo this time next year.

7. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    It doesn't have to be as big as the original was. There is a space where the second circle pad can slide under the face buttons, instead of being strapped onto the side like the original Circle Pad Pro. Plus, the insides of the original Circle Pad Pro were surprisingly empty- just a tiny board, a few wires, an IR transmitter, a few buttons, and a circle pad. Of course, that would make too much sense knowing Nintendo.

8. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Just got Theatrhythm Final Fantasy yesterday. After playing it for a couple days, it does seem like a pretty good rhythm game. The RPG elements feel a little like they were just added in at the end, but the skills have saved me from failing multiple times. It comes with I believe 3 of each type of track for each of the main titles, not including X-2, XIII-2, and XIV, plus a number of special "dark note" track sets that can be completed to unlock more dark notes or characters. It does have DLC, but the box-content seems it will be able to hold me for a pretty good while. It was released with 8 DLC tracks, and apparently more will be released soon.

9. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Something impossible happened! I actually stopped playing my 3DS for a few months, and played my Vita for almost a month straight.

But now I bought Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy, so crisis averted :eek:

Game is awesome. *knocks on wood* Hope I don't get tired of it any time soon. :)

10. bmdino

bmdino Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Haha, well they will release more DLC in the coming weeks. I love the game even just being able to hear the beautiful FF music.

11. soupbandit

soupbandit Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    student
    So far only have mario kart. Played 3 times havnt touched since. Waiting for the jrpgs to start rolling in. Going to get kh:3d and the ff music game for sure

12. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Sweet, Kingdom Hearts 3D: DDD has pretty awesome reviews. Finally another 3DS game worth getting. Two more weeks until it's out! Will be my second 3DS purchase of 2012, lmao..

13. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Lame prizes for Club Nintendo members who got to Platinum this year. Chose the Mario playing cards. Other prizes are all redeemable, meh..

On the bright side, KH3D: DDD will be out in a week.

14. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Dream Drop Distance is out! Finally another 3DS game to pick up.

15. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Yup :D bought it earlier but haven't gotten a chance to play! Did you play the rest of the series? If you didn't you should read up on them. You'll probably be really lost lol

16. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    #1016 backtothis, Jul 31, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
    The Kingdom Hearts series is what got me into RPGs about 10 years ago, heh. My dad bought it for me along with a PS2 for my 10th birthday, which was like a week after the game came out. Probably still my favorite series for the genre. Can't believe people thought Sephiroth was impossible to beat in the original game xP. Was destroying that guy at 10 years old.

17. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Just a little over two weeks before New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) and the 3DS XL come out.

18. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    I know it looks great! Are you going to pick up an XL? I'm on the fence but the main thing keeping me back is I still have a functioning 3ds and is the larger screen really worth an extra $100(after trade in)?

19. backtothis

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Selling my Ambassador 3DS for $200, which is insane. Getting 80% of what I paid for it back after owning it for nearly 1.5 years. Insane deal. Didn't believe whoever told me it was worth that much quite a few pages back..my bad xP. Selling most of my games (the ones my gf doesn't want, lol) for $25-$30 too. Pretty awesome. Definitely beats trading stuff in to GameStop..

The 3DS was pretty fun at first, but it's just lacking in too many departments in comparison to the iOS. The first-party titles just aren't enough for me anymore. Going to use the money to pay for part of a new 3rd gen. iPad. About time I get my own, heh.

20. butterbean21

butterbean21 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2009
    I really wanna' pick up a Nintendo 3DS XL - it really sucks that Nintendo still hasn't created a way for people to transfer their games to other devices without losing them on the original - we need one account so we can have our games on multiple devices!

At any rate, here are some release dates for games like Professor Layton, Paper Mario, and Mickey's Power of Illusion (sequel to Castle of Illusion for Genesis) and some others - we have something to look forward to! Unfortunately, Luigi's Mansion won't be appearing until the first half of 2013!

http://multiplayerblog.mtv.com/2012/08/13/nintendo-reveals-2012-3ds-lineup-luigis-mansion-dark-moon-delayed/