Universal The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (by Nicalis, Inc.)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by ojtitus, Jan 11, 2017.

1. GUILTIE

GUILTIE Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Wow - I defeated Mom on my second run! Nearly every powerup I picked up was beneficial, so there was definitely some luck involved.

Had this cool item:
    Telepathy where I didn't shoot tears but controlled a single tear with the right stick
    Also ended up with damage boosts and lots of speed boosts.

I've been using an MFi controller so I can't comment on the touch screen controls.

2. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

Any chance you remember the seed?:D

3. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    Sounds like you had the Ludovico Technique, it's a pretty good item.

There's another rare item called Brimstone, which gives you a chargeable laser instead of tears. It gets even better when you combine the two items ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_cQyjFW4eLE

4. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    New characters I've seen..

I think I've seen "new item X will appear", but I don't think you actually bring that in with you?

Not seen any abilities being carried through between runs at all!

I guess I'm curious if there are any improvements you can get during the run so next run is easier in any way

5. bossjaja

bossjaja Well-Known Member

Jul 9, 2015
    United States
    When you defeat certain bosses with certain characters, you unlock new starting items for some characters. For example, beating one of the final bosses with a secret character lets Isaac start with the D6 item (Which lets you reroll other items).

6. Derprozess

Derprozess Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2012
    Engineer
    As others already said, controls are fun for dying and messing around while playing Isaac for the first time (which is my case too); not for trying to beat the game. This is not a lesser version of the PC game, price isn't less either, so I hope some updates will make the controls more "heavy". Also, I think there's some very small delays when fighting bosses..?

7. Doppelganger

Doppelganger Member

Jan 4, 2017
    I have a bit of a problem here, does anyone else also have the "cave" level walls messed up ? I'd really like the devs to look at this graphic bug for the next update...

8. drmad

drmad Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2013
    Indonesia
    Do anyone knows where to report bugs?
    Music and sfx stop working after i turn off the iphone screen... had to force close the app to fix it

9. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    We need SEEDS. Good seeds.

10. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I have the same problem. From the App Store, click "developer website" at the bottom of the App, in the details section, and report it on the developer's website. I did, and also reported another bug too. Hope that helps.

11. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    It is after the credits, before you click on new game. They just roll.

12. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    What do you mean?

13. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Unlock items for buying on the game, I guess.

When I put 25 coins I got a message like "unlocked level 1 items" or something along those lines.

14. Pepelutin

Pepelutin Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2013
    Music teacher
    Belgium
    Thanks, i'll try this today!

15. Talbs

Talbs Well-Known Member

May 1, 2011
    Be warned the previous version (is 1 whereas the current version is 1.1), is a little buggy and has display issues. I guess it's quite alright if you're keen though.

16. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Sort of got buried a few pages back, but set gamma to exactly 100 for better battery life.

17. Jenohart

Jenohart Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Australia
    Bought it, works great. Touch controls do feel a little slippery but it's not a big dealbreaker. Can confirm that the current version runs perfectly fine on iOS 9.

Now I've seen some unfair comments in this thread about jailbreakers being all bad and only used for piracy. So you may ask, what good will come from playing this game while jailbroken?

[​IMG]

Mods. The file system on the iOS version looks about the same as the PC version. Copying/pasting the whole thing doesn't work but so far swapping the sprite sheets works, I'll have a further look around to see what else works.

18. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    A great, great hallmark port. From what little time I spent with the game on the PC, I expect the actual game to be almost as good ;)

And I have absolutely no issues with the touch controls. Isaac's movement is naturally slippery and slide-y, but the controls themselves are some of the best, Wayward Souls-, Mage Gauntlet-level smooth and natural.

Yeah, you'd think that tired narrative would have been retired by now. I don't jb anymore myself*. But the desire to tweak your own user experience and add neglected features is such a way more powerful draw for many of us than all the free games in the world.

* iOS have finally grown powerful and flexible enough to function as my main computing, production, entertainment and communications platform without Cydia tweaks. But just barely ;) Not that this has stopped me from using it as such for years, though...

And mods in BoI, man, that's awesome! Even just sprite variations. You just added a whole lot of value to this already monumental package :)

19. Jenohart

Jenohart Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Australia
    #239 Jenohart, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    You bet!

[​IMG]

Sprite/sound swaps work fine, the only issue is that the .xml files are formatted slightly differently, but I might be able to make it compatible for total compatibility. Antibirth however has its own .dlls and comes in a compressed file so that might be out of the question for now.

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

Yeah, I can't quite figure out the differences in formatting in the .xml files but if you're simply replacing the graphics and sounds then the mods work fine.

20. #240 AppUnwrapper, Jan 12, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
    Haven't played yet, but comparing the screenshots to this...did you stretch the room to the edges of the screen? Because it looks so much better than the screenshots I saw.

Are you playing with mfi to make this work? I'm assuming the game is the way it is to make room for the on-screen buttons?