iPhone Theseus HD: sneak peek

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jasonf, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonf

jasonf Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Hi folks,

I think that my iPhone game Theseus has gotten pretty good reception here at TA, so I wanted to give you all a little sneak peek at the iPad version I'm working on (Theseus HD). Screenshots are below (though they don't convey animation very well; maybe a movie in the near future).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Watson

Watson Active Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Toronto, Canada
    Looks nice -- and from the description of the iTouch version, it sounds like a fun game (haven't played the iTouch version). When do you hope to have the iPad version launched?

3. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    The new graphics look fantastic! I especially like the partial corpses lying about (I assume those are previous failed attempts?)

4. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Awesome theme Jason!

5. jow80

jow80 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2010
    under some guy's deck
    I loved the iTouch version.. cant wait to upgrade

6. magihiro

magihiro Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Universal or separate app?

7. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Considering how well the iPhone version has done with very simple (but polished!) graphics, this should really crank up the attention.

Even if it's released as a separate version, if it's reasonably priced it will be an insta-buy for me.

8. jasonf

jasonf Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    What do you consider reasonably priced? :D

9. inferi22

inferi22 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    I loved the first one and was ondering if maybe you could make an option to use the original skin too, I loved the simplicity

10. jasonf

jasonf Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Thanks for the recommendation :) This actually crossed my mind during development, but the main reason why I didn't was that the 2.5D nature of the current map engine doesn't map 1:1 to a 2D skin. So I'd have to put in extra logic to place elements in different coordinates depending on the skin, and I was really aiming for stability in the first release.

I am definitely introducing new skins in updates. I actually have the art for two more themes, but wanted to give people something to look forward to after the initial release :) Maybe when I put out those themes I can figure out how to work in the current 2D theme as well. Or I can include the super-original v1.0 theme:

[​IMG]

:D

11. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Out now....$2.99