Game similar to legend of zelda?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by duress, Feb 8, 2011.

1. duress

duress New Member

Feb 8, 2011
    are there any games aside from sacred odyssey that offers similar gameplay to legend of zelda game? thanks.

2. JoshCM

JoshCM Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2009
    Game Designer
    Upstate NY
    across age?

3. Nullroar

Nullroar Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Software Rep, Rhyme Guru, Game Editor
    Munich
    Which one?

I assume you mean Ocarina of Time?

If you meant Link's Awakening (which I absolutely loved), then Zenonia (the first) is quite nice, although it adds an intense grinding element to it.

If you meant Ocarina, then I can't think of anything that comes as close as they game you already said not to mention (seeing as how it was a blatant clone - I mean, c'mon, the horses were named "Miya" and "Moto"...the only way to make it more obvious is to have a dyslexic princess and name her Adlez). Across age is probably the best feel.

However, that smartly-attired gentleman who posted above me has done some amazing things with games. Definitely try Aralon (more of an "Oblivion" than "Ocarina" feel, but still a great adventure / story-driven game) and give Rimelands a shot, as well (although I think Dicework could have fleshed out the Rimelands story a bit more, it was still a fantastic and unique game).

4. jovy23

jovy23 Well-Known Member

Jul 4, 2009
    A good zelda like game like the ones from SNES or Nintendo DS would be Queen's Crown from Com2us. It is the closes RPG that resembles a zelda RPG and is one of the best role playing games on the ipod and has a good storyline to it.