App description: Nails everything I could want in a 'defense' titlesimply a blast to play." 5/5 Stars TouchArcade
"One of the best games I've played on the mobile platform -- full stop." 9.5/10 -Destructoid

Dr. Lord Evilstein has kidnapped a princess, and now his evil lair is crawling with do-gooders. In this reverse spin on tower defense its your job to defend your home turf from heroes trying to save the day. View your domain from a side-view perspective, placing traps and unleash minions on your unwitting foes to protect the fortress. Touch and drag up and down on the tower to navigate floors. Across three chapters, two bonus chapters, and 75 levels youll outwit intruders that attempt to invade your castle from all sidesladders allowing them entrance on higher floors, underground drills to start on dungeon floors closer to your fair maiden. Keep the princess safely in your clutches and send those heroes cryin back to momma.

From Adult Swim Games and Grumpyface Studios who brought you Robot Unicorn Attack and Super Mole Escape!

FURIOUSLY FIENDISH FEATURES:

Touch and drag or tap to place traps and minions in your castle and navigate floors with ease
75 maniacally challenging levels spread across three chapters + 'Summer Slaycation' and 'Space Madness'
Upgradeable Traps & Minions to overpower your most stubborn of intruders
Ward Off Knights, Archers, Superheroes and more
Combine & stack Traps for maximum effect
Unlockable Extremely Difficult Endless Mode For Extreme Challenge
Daily Challenge-O-Rama grants you bonus currency
35 Game Center achievements to gather
Compete with your friends on Game Center leaderboards
iCloud support for cross-device use
Save from Free to Slay carries over to premium version

We'll even throw in a Flying Monkey, no extra charge.

Check out more from Adult Swim Games at games.adultswim.com

Echoseven's comments:

Quote:
Price: FREE
Download Size: 92.1 MB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Quote:
Castle Doombad is now a FREE game!
"One of the best games I've played on the mobile platform -- full stop." 9.5/10 -Destructoid*
Nails everything I could want in a 'defense' titlesimply a blast to play." 5/5 Stars TouchArcade*

Dr. Lord Evilstein has kidnapped a princess, and now his evil lair is crawling with do-gooders. In this reverse spin on tower defense its your job to defend your home turf from heroes trying to save the day. View your domain from a side-view perspective, placing traps and unleash minions on your unwitting foes to protect the fortress. Touch and drag up and down on the tower to navigate floors. Across three chapters and 45 levels youll outwit intruders that attempt to invade your castle from all sidesladders allowing them entrance on higher floors, underground drills to start on dungeon floors closer to your fair maiden. Keep the princess safely in your clutches and send those heroes cryin back to momma.

From Adult Swim Games and Grumpyface Studios who brought you Robot Unicorn Attack and Super Mole Escape!

FURIOUSLY FIENDISH FEATURES:

Touch and drag or tap to place traps and minions in your castle and navigate floors with ease
60 maniacally challenging levels spread across three chapters + 'Summer Slaycation'!
Upgradeable Traps & Minions to overpower your most stubborn of intruders
Ward Off Knights, Archers, Superheroes and more
Combine & stack Traps for maximum effect
Unlockable Extremely Difficult Endless Mode For Extreme Challenge
26 Game Center achievements to gather
Compete with your friends on Game Center leaderboards

We'll even throw in a Flying Monkey, no extra charge.

Check out more from Adult Swim Games at games.adultswim.com

* Reviews based on the paid edition of Castle Doombad. Game content is unchanged in "Free to Slay" edition.

07-17-2014, 12:08 AM
Why does it require ios7 when the paid version only needs 4?

07-17-2014, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAlex96 View Post
Don't be cheap and buy the paid version if you don't like it, it's worth it!
07-17-2014, 01:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimCeej View Post
Also tomorrow! Same day for both versions.
Wow, thanks for the reply. Something tells me that tomorrow will be a great day.
07-17-2014, 03:52 AM
Love this game - it's great that people can get it for free now!

Kudos to the devs for coming on here and explaining it too - completely sounds fair !
07-17-2014, 08:40 AM
Can't wait to try this out. I was planning on picking the game up next sale.

I wonder if there'll be one way to transfer data between the two, as I'm more likely to buy the Premium version than to upgrade the free one.

GameCenter: Raro

07-17-2014, 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ste86uk View Post
Don't be cheap and buy the paid version if you don't like it, it's worth it!
I'm sure I'll get it before long, that just struck me as weird :P
07-17-2014, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenAlex96 View Post
In part, to be able to make sure everyone who plays has the best experience. We test on as many devices and as many versions of iOS as we can but depending on how far you go back that can be an enormous task. Limiting it to iOS 7 and higher (which is something like 90% of users) means that the testing lift isn't quite so heavy/crazy. And with iOS 8 just around the corner, fewer and fewer people are going to be on the older iOS versions.

In hindsight we probably should have limited the premium version to 7 and up too. (Or at least 6!)
07-30-2014, 04:40 PM
I do not understand how a music website has tips for Castle Doombad but...OK!