New pokemon like game for iOS coming, take a look in ZENFORMS: Protectors

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by jirayasama, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    i can still endure more waiting my psvita keeps me entertain while zenforms is still in the making.

2. sezzna

sezzna Member

Apr 16, 2012
    This Looks Awesome +__+ !!! I cant wait for this game~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

3. Neo-Dragon

Neo-Dragon Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2012
    The Grandforms are really rare ZENFORMS. You won't be able to get them in the first release of the game (Version 1.0) since your character is a Student Protector. Grandforms are also a key element to the story ;-)

I wanted to post this image. It's a bit random.
    [​IMG]
    It's me playing the latest build of the game. It's the first time in about 2 months that I actually played the game. Lately I've been so caught up developing little areas of the game that I haven't just had a play through.
    It was really fun and I'm glad I delayed the game's release. It really will be a lot better for you guys ;-)
    I can't wait to finally get you all to play it. Hopefully not long away from release now!

The photo is of the game running on the original iPad.

4. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    Any ETA regarding to submitting it to apple? :)

5. jirayasama

jirayasama Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2010
    Network Admin
    Brasil
    We are hopefully waiting for Zenforms make a great game to us Neo

6. Neo-Dragon

Jan 4, 2012
    #446 Neo-Dragon, Apr 17, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2012
    So there seems be a lot of games like this popping up lately.
    I thought this screenshot would be fitting:
    [​IMG]
    Edit: Reuploaded image
    Listen up class.... Get ready to imitate :p - JOKING.
    No, seriously, I wish those games good luck of course.
    I already told you all I've been working on this game by myself for 2 years with artists who randomly come and go. I'm not in it to make money. I've paid for this game myself. No kickstarter project (although I did have a failed rockethub project :p). I'm in no rush to release this game to beat out other developers.
    I'm making this game to inspire other bedroom developers and to inspire you players to get lost in this world.

I should have a big update for you all soon. I wanted to share that screenshot with you. It's so much fun. I'm finally focusing more on the story elements to the game and not working on boring systems. Since I have all the story wrote out needed for Version 1.0 (you guys can shape the future story based on feedback), development is going smooth. As I said, for the first time in about 2 or 3 months, I actually played the latest build of ZENFORMS and I loved it. I am so proud of it. I just hope you all enjoy it as much as me!
    And yeah, I know I still need to show you all the battle system, SOON :p

7. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    Glad to hear that you enjoy your work. :p

8. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Looking great, and glad to hear you are making a lot of progress. I have seen the other titles that all came in recently, and still yours looks the best. I think one of the others had you teleporting everywhere. Where's the fun in that!? Oh, and is that thing on the students head a hat or his hair?

9. Neo-Dragon

Jan 4, 2012
    Which student?
    There is a female student wearing a hat at the back.

There is 2 bald male students.

The male student wearing a hat is Keith, the player's best friend. I'm sure you've seen him before right?

[​IMG]

10. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    That is a cool jacket, and I can't remember what that hat is called. Will we be able to mix n match different articles of clothing? Could I be wearing swim trunks with a tuxedo top, while wearing a rasta? (suggesting if there were Rastas in game)

11. popblanks

popblanks Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Well you're doing a good job with that.

12. BluesClues

BluesClues Active Member

Apr 15, 2012
    Ive been dreaming about making a game recently, i have always wanted to do so!

13. trundley

trundley Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2010
    i imagine hes thinking "bitch please"

14. hoffjin

hoffjin New Member

Apr 17, 2012
    Wow

Awesome!!!!!! I can't wait !!!!!!

15. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    i think changing clothes or having to wear hooded jacket would be cool. oh god can't wait.

16. michaelfields

michaelfields Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    How exactly do you "wear a rasta?"

17. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Umm. Rasta cap? On your head? •_•

18. Ghostz

Ghostz Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2012
    Through the rain.
    Well, either way, I was wanting to know if we could customize ourselves with individual pieces of clothing.

19. Neo-Dragon

Jan 4, 2012
    [​IMG]
    Yeah you can create your character when you start and buy more (in-game money) outfits and hairstyles as you play through the game and see different stores.

You can't customise each piece of clothing. You pick an overall "style" and have 4 colorsets of each style to pick from.

20. Neo-Dragon

Jan 4, 2012
    Hey everyone. Sorry I've been active, I've been focusing on the game development and I kinda put the community on the back of my mind.
    I was hoping to have a video guide of the battle system this week, but I'm still working on it so here is a screenshot from the video.

[​IMG]

This has kinda been posted before but I had the text removed. So this is a mini game when using a "Gamble" attack. This is when you spend a small amount of Skill Points (the cost is based on your evolution stage rather than attack power). If you beat this mini game, your attack power is doubled for that attack.
    You can use as many gamble attacks you want per battle as long as you have the points.

Keep an eye out for that battle video soon!