Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-21-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPadisGreat View Post
Will The Perfect General be ported to iOS too?
Unfortunately, I do not have an answer for you at this time. So that's not a no, but certainly not a yes.
Old 12-21-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Downloading...

Download size: 25.7MB
Installed size: 35.2MB
What's interesting is the size I deliver to Apple is 13 MB. They do quite a bit to it.
Old 12-21-2013, 08:36 PM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

I have been playing Empire Deluxe Mobile Edition since last night and games on a 20x20 map fly by quickly.

I especially like the auto explore command that sends my troops out to explore the land, and the pathing command which allows me to funnel all newly built troops from my city to a target city. This greatly reduces micromanagement.

I wonder if the different AI players will attack each other or do they default to kill the player once first contact has been established?

iPadisNowACaptainInEmpire...

Played some more, now a 40x40 map. Practically unplayable. Map is so big and so many units that it took forever. Then when unit asks for orders, because the map is zoomed out to see more of the 40x40 map, can't tell easily which one is asking for instructions.

In short, 20x20 map is short and fun.
40 x 40 map gets unplayable very quickly, for me.

Last edited by iPadisGreat; 12-21-2013 at 11:05 PM..
Old 12-22-2013, 08:02 AM

On a small device like an iphone, where map space is limited, larger maps can be a challenge to play. A couple of things to consider are:

Units which do not have orders will ask for orders every turn. Take advantage of Sentry, Sleep, Explore and Movement Paths. Be efficient about your paths, so that your units will automatically move to the front.

Also make sure you sentry units waiting for transports to take them to the front.

Play games that are not square, but more rectangular - and watch how you wrap the map. More rectangular such as 40x20/20x40 enables you to focus on a larger map but only need your bearings from one direction. In testing it seemed 64x36 with a horizontal wrap played really well on small devices.
Old 12-22-2013, 09:14 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by mokkbs View Post
On a small device like an iphone, where map space is limited, larger maps can be a challenge to play. A couple of things to consider are:

Units which do not have orders will ask for orders every turn. Take advantage of Sentry, Sleep, Explore and Movement Paths. Be efficient about your paths, so that your units will automatically move to the front.

Also make sure you sentry units waiting for transports to take them to the front.

Play games that are not square, but more rectangular - and watch how you wrap the map. More rectangular such as 40x20/20x40 enables you to focus on a larger map but only need your bearings from one direction. In testing it seemed 64x36 with a horizontal wrap played really well on small devices.
Currently, I have gone back to 20x20 and completed a few more games, but I am gradually increasing the difficulty level.

i will try 40x20 on Christmas. If you are patching, could you make the active unit more obvious, maybe by reversing the colour or anything that would make it stand out? At my see the entire map 20x20 screen level, I can usually find the active unit after looking a while.

iPadhasBeenPromotedFromCaptainToMajorInEmpireDelux eMobileEdition...
Old 12-22-2013, 09:41 AM

Quote:
If you are patching, could you make the active unit more obvious, maybe by reversing the colour or anything that would make it stand out? At my see the entire map 20x20 screen level, I can usually find the active unit after looking a while.
I can see where this can be useful. I will add it as an option.
Old 01-03-2014, 10:42 AM

An update has been posted for EDME. I don't know how exciting it is, it is basically a maintenance update regarding some issues that were brought to light with the release. I did add the highlighting for the active unit.

Here is the full list that was posted, there were a couple of other minor things done as well:

What's New in Version 1.027

Removed blocking conflict in combat sounds play
Removed occasional stuttering when AI player attacks
Damaged Transports were loading to full capacity
Added Highlight option for active unit (on by default)
Prevented another rare iOS sound crash
Fixed typos in manual