Wrestling Games?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by ares4life, Jul 28, 2010.

1. ares4life

ares4life Member

Jun 30, 2010
    I did a search of the app store and only found 2 wrestling games, TNA and WWE Legends. Are there any that are in development? I could really get into a old school type of wrestling game like the arcade classics Wrestlefest or Main Event.

2. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    You found TNA? What region are you in? I thought it was pulled about 2 or 3 months ago.

Anyway, besides that and WWE Legends of WM, that's about it for wrestling games on the iPhone. WWE Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010 was out for about 2 days back in December or January, but was pulled for controls or some other issue and never actually came back to the app store. Nothing like Wrestlefest or Main Event. I only wish. :)

3. ares4life

ares4life Member

Jun 30, 2010
    I got TNA over a year ago and didn't know it was pulled. It wasn't really my cup of tea though. I guess I can only hope that some developer comes out with a good arcade type of wrestling game.

4. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    #4 Ouisch, Jul 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2010
    Ah, gotcha. Yeah, I actually quite liked TNA (well, moreso than Legends of Wrestlemania or SVR 10 for iPhone), but I hear ya about wanting a good arcade wrestling game. Been looking for one of those since I came to the app store. :p

I think the chances of Wrestlefest getting re-released are pretty slim considering the licensing problems there would be with some of the wrestlers, but as far as I know, Konami still owns "Main Event", and they're active on the app store, so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Personally, I'd love to see "Mat Mania", or a port of one of the Fire Pro Wrestling games, but I think the chances of either of those ever happening are pretty slim.

5. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    I don't know any wrestling games in development, but I know there's a UFC game being made.

6. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Heh, is it weird to be a big fan of wrestling... and not like UFC?

I've never been much of a fan of "real" fighting, guess I just like the flash, acrobatics, and over the top characters of wrestling. Though if drop-kicks, suplexes, and enzuigiris start showing up with great regularity in the UFC... I might become a convert. :)

7. LBG

LBG Señor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Yeah, I can understand that. Wrestling seems more entertaining than UFC and boxing. Especially Mexican/Lucha libre wrestling with the masks. Midget wrestling is pretty cool too :D

8. matthewwhatever

matthewwhatever Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
    Is the WWE game any good? I've been thinking about buying it for months, but ever since I played the abomination that is Legends of Wrestlemania for PS3, I get second thoughts every time my mouse hovers over the "Buy" button...

9. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    No, not really. Since they updated the controls to a pad and buttons, it's a lot better than it was. Still a smallish roster, some glaring exceptions for a "Legends of Wrestlemania" game (no Hogan?), pretty crummy looking character models, a lack of variety of moves, generic entrances, etc etc. It seems like they spent more time on the "create a wrestler" side of the game than they did on the actual game itself (which doesn't really appeal to me).

If it was cheaper, maybe, but for the $4.99 price tag, I haven't played it enough to really justify it. I liked the TNA Wrestling app a lot better, but it was more of an RPG (and is now pulled).

However, at this point in time, if you want a wrestling game on your iPhone, you don't really have any other choices. :p

10. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    Wait... how did you find TNA? What country do you live in? That game was the best RPG in the App Store for quite some time. In fact, I still find myself playing it here and there now, even after beating it twice and having games like Final Fantasy 2 and Chaos Rings. If there's any way you can buy it, get it before it gets pulled.

I also heard about another TNA game being made for the DS and iPhone, but unfortunately it won't be another awesome RPG like the original TNA wrestling.

11. Ouisch

Ouisch Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2009
    Yeah, he said he got it over a year ago. And I think the new TNA game for the DS and iPhone is going to be based on Impact, so probably not the same RPG style gameplay, which is a shame.

12. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    It was more of an RPG than an action wrestling game. As of now, there aren't any games in development that I know of.

13. sammysin

sammysin Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Government Official.
    Swansea, UK
    *Does a Stone Cold Stunner on the OP*

14. Serious Parody

Serious Parody Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2011
    I Make Wrestling Manager
    Here's 2 more for you guys to check out.

Wrestling Manager by Serious Parody (Shameful plug) - It's a wrestling strategy game.

Wrestling Revolution by MDickie - it's a 2D wrestling game.

Apologies for the shameful self advertising here but I'd hate for people to think that there's only two wrestling games on iOS, especially when the 2 wrestling games that get BY FAR the most support from the developers are the two I've mentioned.

We released Wrestling Manager for iOS in November 2011. We've put a lot of work into it and we've given the title 7 feature updates since then and we're currently working on the 8th. Disclaimer, there's no actual in ring wrestling in the game, it's a wrestling strategy game, where you build up your wrestling promotion and try to sign the perfect roster, TV deals, etc.

We don't have access to the WWE or TNA licenses but we do have hundreds of characters like The Overtaker, Able, Cristen Rage, Iceberg, etc and I'm fairly certain we were the first developers on the iPhone to give full mod tools to users so that you can change the entire rosters name and images. The mod community took the tools we gave them and have made fantastic roster sets and completely changed the game. They have been amazing and the support they have given us is humbling.

If it's in ring wrestling you are looking for. I'd highly recommend MDickies Wrestling Revolution. It's a 2D, grappler with old school graphics, the game is really fun and deeper than most titles and it's got quite a bit of humour in it. Plus the developer has been plugging away at it since it released and has so far made some great improvements to the game.

15. Gryphon

Gryphon Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2012
    I'd kill for a wrestling game based on chikara.

16. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Same here. Not a fan of UFC either. I'd rather be entertained for 20 minutes than be bored for 2.

I can only imagine how many botches that game would have.....

17. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Not as much as a CZW game would have.

18. Gryphon

Feb 24, 2012
    Whats the general consensus on the second game wwe put out?

19. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    True...

Are you talking about Wrestlefest? If so, I'd actually advise you to stay away. It's great seeing familiar faces and old arcade style artwork, but the general gameplay is just sloppy and not fun.

20. foxmulderino

foxmulderino Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Student
    Italy
    I hope Rumble roses comes in ios version!