"You know that you're a hardcore iOS gamer when...."

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by crex, Jul 27, 2012.

1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Just thought that I would start a fun little thread that shares our vast knowledge of the iOS gaming world. Just follow the setup in the title^ and fill in the rest. I'll kick it off:

You know that you're a hardcore iOS gamer when you remember that there was once a Call of Duty: World at War: Zombies 2 app.

2. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    I bought that one too! Then silly Apple removed it :(

You know that you're a hardcore iOS gamer when you owned Pocket God on release date.

3. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    You know that you're a hardcore iOS gamer when you see your friends playing Angry Birds and they think that it's the shit, and you cringe.

Btw, shouldn't this be in the General Games Discussion section?

4. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Yeah I had 2 tabs of TA open and I ended up posting this in the wrong one. Already reported it tho.

5. Drummerboycroy

Drummerboycroy Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2012
    Clinician
    Maine!
    Ooo ooo, me me!

You know that you're a hardcore iOS gamer when your housemate asks, "So what do you think you're gonna do with those consoles?"

^True story^:eek:

DBC

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    You know that you're a hardcore iOS gamer when your iDevice is your console :D

7. ninjackid

ninjackid Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    This for me! xD

8. [M&B]Games

[M&B]Games Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2012
    This makes me so mad. It also makes me mad when my friend try to tell me about "cool new iOS games" that I have known about for years...

9. Varking

Varking Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2010
    Stand Up Comedian
    North Carolina
    You know you are a hardcore iOS gamer when your Wife looks at your bank statement and wants to know why you didn't have money to go to the cinema but you spent 60 bucks on App Store Games.... Yesterday.

10. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    Lmao. Best one I've heard yet!

11. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    Not quite as witty, but

When you follow Touch Arcade more than the other gaming sites. When you find more games of interest on iOS than anywhere else.

The crux of the video game golden era was - for me the 8-bit era through the PSOne (I started playing on the NES, SMS, Genesis and original Game Boy - many good memories). The resurgence of the 'retro' thing on iOS has me totally stoked - SNK, Sega, Manos, Kemco, Legend of Dragon Pass, Another World, Starbase Orion, Legends of Yore, The Quest, Aralon etc - this is what 'AAA' gaming is to me. I would LOVE to play Skyrim and Demon Souls, but you know... I'm not really missing it because of the gems in the app store. Too bad all the iOS haters don't know about anything other than Angry Birds (a good game in it's own right, just not what I consider the crowning achievement of iOS gaming).

And finally ... when you don't buy into console war bull puckie. Though... I think that's another issue altogether ;)

12. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    You know your a hardcore iOS gamer when you played crayon physics on an iPhone 2g many years ago.

You know your a hardcore gamer if you make an emergency run to the store to buy an iTunes card ready for Wednesday night releases.

You know youre a hardcore iOS gamer when you start getting symptoms of carpel tuner syndrome from holding your iPad up too long too often.

You know youre a hardcore iOS gamer when you'll hold in your pee for several hours, shaking your legs and thrusting to try to ease the pain, because you don't want to stop playing while you walk to the toilet
    (you can still play on the toilet--well girls can maybe not boys)

Also thought I'd throw in this random thing that happened to me a few months ago.

I was making a run to the shops to get an iTunes card for weds night, I went to the cashier, he looked a little geeky so I thought I'd talk to him about iOS.
    Me: I lovvveee iPad games, I'm addicted. I buy so many, do you play many games on your iPhone?
    Him- yeah i spend alot of time playing games on my iPhone, mainly just angry birds.
    Me: BAHA--- (trying to hold in my laugh)
    Him- *looks at me strangely wondering what's so funny*
    me : walks off

I can't believe people actually play that shallow game, I'm pretty sure angry birds is connected to the illuminati and the illuminati conviced the world that angry birds is cool with advertisements, but no one ever actually plays it..it just sits on their iPhone untouched just so they can be considered cool.
    They probably announce in random social gatherings "if anyone needs to play angry birds, I've got a phone" (if you've seen romy and micelles high school reunion you'll know what I'm on about :D)

13. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    You know your a hardcore iOS gamer when you've had to delete your Steam library to make room for your app collection...you know your a hardcore iOS gamer when the unupdated files you fished out of the trash can take up enough storage space to force you to buy an external hard drive...when your main hard drive is half a terabyte.

You're hardcore if you played Aurora Feint before Openfeint was developed.

You know your hardcore when your visiting toucharcade at 1 in the morning to post this on your birthday.

You remember that before GTA came out for ios, everyone was amazed by Gangstar from Gameloft. You also remember that Car Jack Streets beat Gameloft to the punch.

You've played simutrans for iOS. You remember when just about the only game available with rpg elements was Rogue Touch...and it was free...and you probably played the free (at the time) nethack with the Falcon's Eye GUI.

You remember the original Appvent Calendar, and some of the free games offered: Wheeler's Treasure, Libra Balance, Charmed. That led to the free game of the day websites, which you used to be able to count on one hand.

The first time you felt screwed over by AppStore policies was when some of your favorite games turned into Plus+ network only games.

You rushed to Gameloft's twitter feed during their 4 hour freebie week.

You remember when Eliminate had about 20 times the posts here as all other games combined.

You remember when the Doodle Jumper found his way into The Creeps!

You remover when Tap Tap Revenge was fun...

14. tim240

tim240 Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2012
    You know your a hardcore IOS gamer when you sell your consoles and other valuables to buy more apps!

You know your a hardcore IOS gamer when you sprain your thumb playing Tenple Run.

What's the point of this thread besides making me laugh!!

15. crex

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    So many memories.....

I really think that THIS^ is the giveaway to if you are an iOS game addict or not. Or just simply knowing the fact that Wednesday is release night.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You know that you're a hardcore iOS gamer when you have over 1,000 apps in your app library.

16. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    You know that you're a hardcore IOS gamer when you brag to your friends that there's a special weapon named after you in King Cashing : Slots Adventure and they give you the pity look.

You know that you're a hardcore IOS gamer when you complain to your friends that Venon went the freemium route and wonder if there's ever gonna be a space miner: ore bust 2 and they have no clue what you're talking about.

You know that you're a hardcore IOS gamer when you think that Pinball Tristan is one of the best apps ever not only because of the physics,but also because it's totally playable outside in the shade.

17. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    You know you're a hardcore IOS gamer if you've posted in this thread.

18. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    #18 Greyskull, Jul 28, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
    Lol, I'm on my second iTunes account since I shared the first with a no longer significant other. I've only been using my current account since fall of 2011, and I have...gotta check the backups...but ITunes says I have nearly 8000 apps.

19. NinthNinja

NinthNinja Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2011
    You know when you are a iOS hardcore gamer when you play a free casual game like MiniFlyer and refuse to pay for any IAP and grind away to get all the upgrades, characters, get the all the achievements and to start stock piling the Defibrillator to go for the high score spot ;)

I've been grinding for two weeks now aiming now to get the top score. God! It's been tedious but for some reason I want to complete it!

20. Greyskull

Dec 13, 2009
    Fort Lauderdale
    That's so true. I downloaded Templerun the day it went free; I'm sure stuff has been added since then, But I acquired everything you could purchase w/IAPS just by playing. Well...I guess it's no longer casual then?

Heck, I recently deleted Zombie HQ while I had, if you had purchased them via IAP, 100+ dollars worth of virtual currency and probably 50 bucks worth of items.