Official Konami feedback and Q&A thread for Krazy Kart Racing

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Konami_Europe_Florian, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Konami_Europe_Florian

Konami_Europe_Florian Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2009
    #1 Konami_Europe_Florian, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2009
    Hey Everyone,

my name is Florian, I am heading up Konami's digital download business group in Europe (ID was confirmed by touch arcade admin here:
    http://forums.toucharcade.com/showpost.php?p=472485&postcount=35 ).
    The European development unit supervised this production and we want to enable you to directly get in touch with us, without the need to maneuver thorugh standardized CRM systems. If you have any comments, suggestion or questions, feel free to post them.

I will stop by once in a while and compile an FAQ from them or reply directly where necessary.

Best

FS

FAQ's
    1. are you giving out promotional codes in return for a favorable review on the iTunes store or in this forum
    No we do not. Pomotional codes will only be provided to journalists whose reviews are cleraly marked as media.

2. why aren't our games available in all AppStores (e.g. Singapore, Slovakia etc.)
    Sorry, all I can say is that we are working on it.

3.is the game available for both iPhone and iPod touch
    Yes, it is

4. Why is there no Metal Gear Solid Content in the game?
    We wish there was but Solid Snake is a very valueable character that is not easy to get approved for non metal gear games.

5. Are you going to add BT multiplayer?
    We left it out for two reasons:
    1. According to the official Apple dev documentation BT allows only 1 vs. 1 (plus bots) racing whereas Wifi allows up to 6 players.
    2. Not all iTouch devices (older iPods and the 1st iPhones) allow direct BT connections. Having BT on one device and not another in the first release would have been confusing. It's much easier to commu nicate such a restriction in an update...

6. Are you going to take out the bomb trial or make it easier? I know of a few people including me which cant get passed it
    Yes, will be replaced by something else with the first free update.
    We realized that bomb attack is pretty controverse. Some people love it but we realized it's not a good condition to unlock further courses.

AGAIN: thanks to everybody contribtuing to this post. We may be a big publisher, but we are all dedicated gamers and more than happy to hear your feedback and take it into account if ever possible.

2. tones4e1

tones4e1 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    #2 tones4e1, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
    I am the 1st here, I really want this game but.. Why Konami games is not in Singapore AppStore? We need Konami games here.

3. JCik68

JCik68 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    student
    Slovakia
    +1 Slovakia/Czech Republic

4. tones4e1

tones4e1 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    We cant buy the game even there is a sale. Please Singapore AppStore.

I think, there is only one way we can play Konami games, is to jb your iPhone or iPod touch...

5. JCik68

JCik68 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    student
    Slovakia
    well I have also US account for gift cards, but it would be much easier to have it in local store

6. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    in all honesty here, i think crash kart is way way better
    the first thing that really dissapointed me is the item/special weapon system. its really boring and unispired. why have two different item pickup boxes? just have the one with everything in it and colour it rainbow

the controls are ok i guess, their basically the same as crash kart which is good.

the maps are.. well boring. again, i dont see any inspiration there and the layour just seems to be a big circle with possibly a few round edges on it. (take note that ive only played through the first cup because i did get bored of this quickly)

ive tried online a few times, but everytime i have there was no one online. this is not your fault, but i feel there would be more players online if the game was a little more affordable. most casual gamers using the appstore wont pay $10 for an app unless its assassins creed or need for speed
    a drop to $4-$5 would help this alot.

some people when using the online experienced bugs, i suggest to take a look at both of the krazykart is out threads (the one for EU and the one for US)

if i think of anything else i will post it here

7. Fleabag323

Fleabag323 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Does Krazy Kart work on iPod Touches now, because it didn't earlier, but now on iTunes, it says that it does work with iPhones and iPod Touches.

8. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    I'm confident that the online multiplayer servers will begin to fill up as more people get the game. The fact that Konami has an official rep posting here just boosts my confidence. If you're a fan of Kart racers, what more do you want than an online Kart racer with solid controls and good looks? I can only speak for my equipment (3GS running 3.0, non-jailbroken), but it runs like a dream. Once multiplayer heats up, this is going to be one of my most played games.

9. Konami_Europe_Florian

Aug 29, 2009
    #9 Konami_Europe_Florian, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
    First of all: thanks for the comprehenisve and constructive feedback.

I don't think it makes sense to get into a discussion over this :rolleyes: as personal taste after all is personal

Those are two different types. One are for speed burst, one for the various items (active and passive weapons). This adds a tactical element ("do I take speed burst to jump over that lava hole or do I hope for some dynamite to place in front of chasing opponents")

Have you noticed the camera rotates against the movement of the device when using accelerometer control (dynamic camera balancing)? I think this makes a big difference as your eye does not have to manually correct the perspective shift. The interesting thing is that you won't notice until you switch this off in the options menu.

You have 16 tracks in this game and if you played a little further there is a pretty good variety I would say. We used the rather easy layouts in the first cup so people wouldn't get challenged by too difficult layouts right away but would rather be able to familiarize with the controls first (also note that in a another commet I read that the courses are too windy so it's obvious you can't please everyone)

the Game is 7,99 USD and hence priced lower than those two were at introduction. It has 16 tracks, 12 characters, 5 game modes plus mulitplayer, that is more content than any other Kart racer on the market.

We're reading every single post in the "key" forums and we are already preparing a free update to deal with various things we found, in particular the unfortunate multiplayer user interface.

10. playn

playn Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Australia
    ^^ im not trying to offend you guys, or your game. but it was my opinions.
    that bit was just my opinion. i needed a post starter ;)

i understand that you want the game to start off easier with simpler designed maps, but that really puts people off, i mean most of the users would be over 12years of age and would find the starting maps rather boring and then would think the rest of the game will be the same. if you had the first 2 maps simple, but the rest in the 1st cup a fair bit more different than it would be a lot more compelling to continue to play. but i was too bored of the current map to continue playing when crash had intersting maps to use

yea i get the tactic thing, thats a good way to go about it but from what ive read most people like having it the 'classic' way

true, it has more content. but quality > content

yea i liked the rotating camera effect, its a nice looking feature and does help a bit. thats a + for that

my bad if you've already lowered the price than, the starting price was just too ridiculous as you can see in the 'its out' threads

im glad that you guys are takin the time to listen to your customers, especially being the big company that you guys are. i hope this game does get better over time and that ill get back into it. these are just my suggestions

11. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    This game is really fun.
    The only problem is that its expensive and VERY short.
    I beat the game in 2 hours or so.
    Controls are good, I use the touch controls instead of gyro.
    The graphics are REALLY good.

If you add more maps then it'll be a perfect game.
    Crash Kart SUCKS

12. 140000541

140000541 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    i want to say how much i waited for this game and especially over shrek kart, because this looked alot more like a traditional kart racer with good colorful graphics. i just wanted to ask, why no metal gear solid? it is konami's most famous franchise, and it was used in konami's original kart racer for the gba with grey wolf. this is the only "real" complaint that i have. the game is excellent and cant wait to play it with my friends.

13. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    Keep in mind that they have upcoming DLC...I can definitely see Snake coming in as a character later...
    BTW, I just played my first multiplayer games on the Polarbit SWE server (although I'm in the Midwest US) and when I got on, there were no rooms. I started a room, and in less than a minute I had people joining. I played 4 races, and NO LAG AT ALL. Smooth as silk. Very cool. I'm going to be playing the heck out of this.

14. 140000541

140000541 Member

Jun 10, 2009
    oh sweet i didnt even know that they were gonna have any dlc. thats probably why they didnt put him in. thx for the info

15. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
    Thanks for konami for participating in the forums. I think the people complaining about the ease of the game should realize that game difficult has a very broad range. Most people here are probably better at pick up gaming and even here we get a broad range of experiences with the same game. And a hard game can be as offputting as an easy game.

arn

16. sizzlakalonji

sizzlakalonji Moderator

Apr 16, 2009
    Indiana, USA
    No problem...if you already have the game you can look for the menu button. It's already there, but when you tap it, there's nothing available yet to buy.

17. PeterM11

PeterM11 Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    East Coast, USA
    I was wondering, can you guys add Bluetooth local multiplayer in an update??? This is one of the only things holding me back from getting this game. Cause that's one of my favorite new features for games now because it allows people to play together without wifi. Thanks.

18. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I can't even INSTALL IT so there's one start....lol. Sad thing is that it's the only app i've ever had that wont install, maybe it's just me idk

19. Konami_Europe_Florian

Aug 29, 2009
    Not offending at all, I prefer an open word over an anonymous 1 star rating on itunes.

Unfortunatly the first to post was from Australia and the price in Australia is 10 AUSTRALIAN $ which equals 7,99 US $ price point and 5,99 € accordingly.
    So we never priced this 10 USD.

Again, thanks for the thoughts.

20. Konami_Europe_Florian

Aug 29, 2009
    Have you managed to finish 1st in all cups in hard level yet?

Have you noticed the more content option yet?