Adventures of Veronica Wright - Help/Hints

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by playtinum, Mar 25, 2011.

1. playtinum

playtinum Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Developer
    #1 playtinum, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
    Hi Everyone

My new game Adventures of Veronica Wright : Escape from the Present is released on Appstore.
    So all the point n click adventure game fans can get the game at

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/adventures-veronica-wright/id426907057?mt=8

THIS THREAD IS TO HELP ALL YOU GUYS WHO ARE STUCK IN THE ADVENTURE. POST YOUR QUERY AND I CAN PROVIDE YOU THE NECESSARY HINTS.

Have fun

- Harshad

2. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Did you ever make a thread for you new game in the general discussion area? I rarely check this section and never knew about your game until a happened to glance in here.

3. playtinum

Mar 22, 2011
    Developer
  4. kdabareiner

kdabareiner Member

Jun 19, 2010
    Stuck or a Bug :(

I'm either very stuck or found a bug or both.

1. I am in the corridor. Prior to finding the saw blade I was able to read the note underneth the painting by tapping the area. I only found the saw blade by getting tap happy in every room.

2. I've made my way to the cellar's machine room and have no idea what I'm suppose to enter. I've tried the cars speedometer numbers, but my first value is an L. I tried translating it from roman numeral - but there are too many numbers. I've tried entering the coordinates from the map hanging on the wall - adding the coordinates - neither worked. I also tried the parts order - that didn't work.

I've tapped in every room that I know about and can find nothing more. I know that the only items I have in my inventory are the parts (I have all 7 parts) and the amulet, though I can't get to it to see it. You might consider adding a bag so we can see what we have in our inventory.

I can get some screenshots if you need them.

Thanks

5. playtinum

Mar 22, 2011
    Developer
    @kdabareiner

If you have the 7 machine parts and the amulet ...you are very much near the end of the game.
    There is no bug.

You need to put a key code to open the machine.
    Regarding the speedometer puzzle ...you have got the right code
    Here is a hint : Try changing your point of view ;)

Hope this helps

Harshad

6. kdabareiner

kdabareiner Member

Jun 19, 2010
    Gotcha

Okay - Joanie the Dunce has figured it out.

Thanks

7. skimmie

skimmie New Member

Mar 26, 2011
    Im stuck on the part with the billiard balls, I use the 8th ball, but I do not know how to put it in order. Please Help!

8. kdabareiner

kdabareiner Member

Jun 19, 2010
    Have you found the cellar? Your answer will be there :)

9. odilondiniz

odilondiniz New Member

Mar 26, 2011
    after a open the machine, put the machine parts where tehy belong, what do i do with those switchers? im lost, any help?
    thanks

10. kdabareiner

kdabareiner Member

Jun 19, 2010
    There's an order to the switches. Where did you see an order ?

11. Danka4

Danka4 New Member

Mar 27, 2011
    Please Help with billiard balls!!!!!?????

12. odilondiniz

odilondiniz New Member

Mar 26, 2011
    is it the order i foound the machine's pieces?
    i never got to se whats behind that painting on the corridor's wall.. does it have to do with that order?
    what do i use to see what's on that painting?
    thanks

13. odilondiniz

odilondiniz New Member

Mar 26, 2011
    i just found somethining that gives energy and finished the game!
    i loved it..
    congrats

14. Gem86025

Gem86025 New Member

Mar 24, 2011
    #14 Gem86025, Mar 27, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
    I'm stuck! Please help!!

I am clueless on what to do with the 8 ball puzzle, I found the cellar and the colored wine bottles. I tried putting the balls in the same order but nothing happened. I even switched them around in case i was looking at it backwards. I tried everything i could think of. What am I missing? Besides that I am clueless on what to do with the car speedometer, the map on the wall in the basement and the machine in the basement. What is the code or how do I find it? And the portrait in the wall in the bedroom is missing a piece in the middle. It looks like diamond shaped jewel or object is missing. Does anyone know where I can find it? Can any one help? I'm desperate!! lol :) Thanks!

UPDATE: I finally finished the 8 ball puzzle. I was looking at it the wrong way. After going in the cellar and looking at the wine bottles(write down where each color belongs), go back to the pool table and keep your iphone the way it is (do not turn it long ways) and arrange the balls by color in the same order as the wine bottles. Don't forget to take the jewel when you're done!

15. nanner76

nanner76 New Member

Mar 27, 2011
    How do you get to where the car is? Thanks!

16. Gem86025

Gem86025 New Member

Mar 24, 2011
    #16 Gem86025, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
    Nanner-
    Part A: You have to go down into the cellar; if you haven't found the cellar, go to the Cconservatory (where the plants are) and click on the ground to the left of the table until you uncover a secret passage (I think you might have to use a tool on the floor once you click on the correct spot but I can't remember which tool you have to use if any), once you go down the stairs you will see some the wine bottles on the wall, click around until you find a half of a card (the queen). You should already have the other half (the king- you can find that upstairs in the Game Room on the table with the cards), combine the king and the queen and complete the puzzle. Then you will see a set of doors, theres a puzzle on the door that you must figure out. I just tried every possible option until i found the right combination. When you do a slot will appear. Put the combined card in the slot and the door will open. Go up the stairs to the Attic, notice the window.

Part B: Use the sword (you can get this in the drawing room, it's on the wall to the right of the fireplace) on the curtains to make a rope. Use the rope on the window in the Attic

17. clzander

clzander Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2008
    Finished the game. Ultimately, I found it an enjoyable "escape" type of game. I did start to get a bit annoyed with the simplified inventory. While I think I eventually figured out that whatever you picked up last was to the right of the starting amulet and everything else was to the left, it would have saved a lot of tapping if a) the full list of inventory items was presented for selection and b) if the item you tried didn't work, you weren't exited out of the inventory and had to start over, tapping through everything to the next item you wanted to try. Other than having a minor issue getting the cellar access to respond, I only had to come to this thread once to figure out a step, so I'd call that a success. :)

18. Abv50

Abv50 New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Where about do you get the order for the switches after you have installed all the 7 machine parts? Is it something to do with the projector because I fitted the film and it did nothing is the code in there?

19. gexzhell

gexzhell New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    How to get in cellar? I saw the note behind photo frame, it indicate the path is beneath blue flower, i went conservatory and click on blue flower, it prompt inventory, what item i suppose to use to get down?

I thought it should be the hammer, but it is not.

20. Ruzanslove

Ruzanslove New Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Don't click the blue flowers. Click under the stand that hold the flowers. Lower left corner of the screen. I also need help, I have all the machine parts assembled but I need the 5th part I believe. I only have the necklace thing in my inventory and nothing else. Please help. I don't know what to do with the vases in the library and how to open the little shelf in the conservatory.