GTA: CW down to 4.99! 50% OFF!!

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by runformoney1110, Feb 4, 2011.

1. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    grab it for those who STILL don't have it!

2. Drucifer

Drucifer Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Canada
    Great game for $4.99

3. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

iPhone/iTouch Version:

GTA: Chinatown Wars

Rockstar Games
    Download and play up to thirty minutes as a free trial.* Purchase GTA: Chinatown Wars Full Game as a one-time, in-app p…
    TouchArcade Rating:
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Download and play up to thirty minutes as a free trial.* Purchase GTA: Chinatown Wars Full Game as a one-time, in-app purchase to play without any time limits. Following his father's murder, Huang Lee has a simple mission: deliver an ancient sword to his Uncle Kenny to ensure his family retains control of the Triad gangs of Liberty City. Huang is a spoiled rich kid who expects everything to run smoothly, but his trip does not go exactly as planned. After being robbed and left to die, he will search for honor, riches and revenge in the most dangerous and morally bankrupt city in the world. Software license terms in game and at www.rockstargames.com/eula; online account terms at www.rockstargames.com/socialclub. Non-transferable access to special features such as exclusive, unlockable, downloadable or online content, services, or functions may require single-use serial code, additional fee and/or account registration (varies 13+). Access to special features require internet connection, may not be available to all users, and may, upon 30 days notice, be terminated, modified, or offered under different terms. Violation of EULA, Code of Conduct, or other policies may result in restriction or termination of access to game or online account. For customer & tech support visit www.rockstargames.com/support. This videogame is fictional; doesn’t depict any actual event/person/entity; & any similarities are coincidental. Take-Two doesn’t endorse or encourage engaging in any conduct depicted in game. Unauthorized copying, reverse engineering, transmission, public performance, rental, pay for play, or circumvention of copy protection is strictly prohibited. *Free trial limited to one per user. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited.
    Information
    Seller:Rockstar Games
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Jan 18, 2010
    Updated:Feb 28, 2024
    Version:4.5.5
    Size:914.2 MB
    User Rating: (57)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

iPad:

Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars HD

*****ATTENTION*****

NEW CUSTOMERS: THIS UPDATE IS FOR CURRENT USERS ONLY. THIS VERSION WILL BE RETIRED ON 4/3/1…
    $4.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    *****ATTENTION*****

NEW CUSTOMERS: THIS UPDATE IS FOR CURRENT USERS ONLY. THIS VERSION WILL BE RETIRED ON 4/3/15. PLEASE PURCHASE OUR NEW UNIVERSAL VERSION OUT NOW.

CURRENT USERS: THIS VERSION WILL REMAIN AVAILABLE TO YOU VIA YOUR ITUNES PURCHASE HISTORY FOR FREE INDEFINITELY AFTER IT IS RETIRED ON 4/3/15. IT IS IDENTICAL TO OUR NEW UNIVERSAL VERSION.

LEFT FOR DEAD IN THE WORST PLACE IN AMERICA

Following his father's murder, Huang Lee has a simple mission: deliver an ancient sword to his Uncle Kenny to ensure his family retains control of the Triad gangs of Liberty City. Huang is a spoiled rich kid who expects everything to run smoothly, but his trip does not go exactly as planned. After being robbed and left to die, he will search for honor, riches and revenge in the most dangerous and morally bankrupt city in the world.

Built specifically for portable devices, the groundbreaking Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars has been updated for iOS devices to provide an enhanced and more immersive experience.

- Universal App! Play on all your supported iOS devices*
    - Full Retina Display resolution support
    - Support for MFi controllers
    - Updated, highly customizable touchscreen controls
    - Epic storyline with tons of side-missions, addictive mini-games and hidden collectibles
    - Choose from five radio stations or create your own with custom playlist support**

Languages Supported: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish and Japanese.

*Requires iOS 7.0 or greater.

**To listen to your own music library in-game, create a playlist titled "GTA" in iTunes, sync your iOS device and select the “Independence FM” radio station while playing.

Updated iOS Version developed by War Drum Studios
    wardrumstudios.com

Find out more:
    rockstargames.com

See videos:
    youtube.com/rockstargames

Follow us:
    facebook.com/rockstargames
    twitter.com/rockstargames
    instagram.com/rockstargames
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Sep 09, 2010
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (2)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Gameplay Trailer:

4. swishinj

swishinj Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    CEO at Apple Inc.
    Hopefully this means that GTA IV is almost ready for release on iOS :D

5. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    iHope so too!
    whts the length of the game?

How much does the file bloat to?
    The lite is 232 mb when downloading but becomes a humongous 663 mb when syncd.. Gaaah!
    (Yes, I have an ipod touch 2g, not planning to upgrade soon, I do have a Job which pays & also keeps me busy :rolleyes: )

6. mcwaller123

mcwaller123 Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2010
    Student
    Montreal
    Gosh,id like this game to go in a monster sale for 0,99$ :p I need some money in my account right now!

7. Spade

Spade Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2010
    lol looks good!

8. bunglez

bunglez Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Tree
    UK
    I think it's need of an update. No retina display support, and the last update was nearly a year ago. I'm surprised it still works to be honest.

9. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Anyone? :( :eek: :confused: :eek: :)

10. WCFields

WCFields Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    steel worker
    there are almost 60 missions in the game not counting the numerous side missions. it's worth the $$$$$

11. runformoney1110

runformoney1110 Well-Known Member

May 6, 2010
    Graphic designer
    In your closet
    it's really a long campaign mode. side missions are plentiful. you also can decide to find 100 security cameras and destroy them, as well as finding all 20 super jump locations. not to mention all the free roaming goodness. trust me, just get it

12. bunglez

bunglez Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Tree
    UK
    I think he's actually asking about the installed size of the app, not the size of the gameworld/longevity of the gameplay. ;)

13. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Both the longetivity & the space it'd take
    Thanks to those who answered, Thanks in advance to those who'll

14. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Like I always say... a few things have to be done ourselves.

Attached Files:

15. Omega-F

Omega-F Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Graphic Designer
    USA WA
    Main story is about 15 hours. If you plan to get all the extra stuff/side missions it should be a good 30 hours.

16. Drakeer Melkhor

Drakeer Melkhor Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Freelance
    Spain
    No retina support, no Game Center support, no updates recently...

And still a good game, but not for me now.

17. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks for toftt, I also was wondering about file size... I think I'll pass for my since my storage is wrecked with unplayed material.

18. ultimo

ultimo Well-Known Member

May 5, 2009
    Thanks!