NFS vs. Tiger Woods PGA vs. Other? Help.

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by yourofl10, Jun 21, 2009.

1. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I'm looking to spend $6.99 on a App and I saw that NFA and Tiger Woods are on sale but, is it worth the $6.99 to spend on either on of those apps? I also need this info: How much gameplay time does each game have and if there is any replay value also please. If there are any others please let me know. I'm leaning towards Tiger Woods but NFS looks really good, but I have Real Racing though. Thanks!

2. foppajoe

foppajoe Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    #2 foppajoe, Jun 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 21, 2009
    let's golf would be a good alternative for .99 cents if your in the mood for some virtual golf. :)

3. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    I don't have Tiger Woods, but I can give my advice on NFS.

It the most polished racer you'll find out there. Everything from the controls, to the handling, to the graphics.

Pros:
    Graphics are possibly the best on the iPhone.
    Licensed cars.
    Challenging Tracks
    Overall polish.

Cons:
    Relatively short play time.
    Mediocre AI.
    Auto-accelerate.

I honestly don't regret getting it. While you have Real Racing, this is totally different. This is an arcade racer. Most of the time, you won't be slowing down. The physics aren't realistic, I mean, when you have nitro upgraded to the max, it feels like you're breaking the speed barrier, especially with these HUGE flames coming out of the exhaust pipes. I recommend it :D

Oh, and yeah, with golfing games, Let's Golf is great for arcade play. Get Tiger if you want a sim. They're kind of like how NFS is compared to Real Racing.

4. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

tiger woods is awesome. Great control scheme unique for the ipod. Also the season in it is long. There are about 15 4-day tournaments in it. Plus in quick play there is a lot of settings to change the game.

5. Grumps

Grumps Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Feb 2, 2009
    iOS Game Developer
    I bought a copy of NFS. The game have a very good cinematic scene (real videos from the pc version NFS) but the game is lack of a Quick Race mode for free play. All you can do is run through the missions and perhaps race via the mission. Overall a great game.

But if you're up for racing game, perhaps Real Racing is a better option?

6. yourofl10

yourofl10 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    I have Let's Golf to the 1st poster besides me and I have Real Racing.
    Is there any games I should wait for? Tiger Woods does look good but maybe I can get a couple of games for $6.99?

7. foppajoe

foppajoe Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    i really don't like racing or golf games. to slow for me. I have ADD :D .

castle of magic is pretty good.
    do you have Hero of Sparta or Brothers in Arms? (really old, but great games)
    star defense?
    F.A.S.T?
    zenonia?
    amateur surgeon?
    maybe wait for killtest/livefire if you have 3.0

8. dmbfan1192

dmbfan1192 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    ????

9. Mets2009

Mets2009 Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Touchgrind and sonic are both really fun.