Enough with TD games, more to TBS games please

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by gnetro, Jul 30, 2009.

1. gnetro

gnetro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    I hope developers to stop developing Tower Defense game, and start developing something like Final Fantasy Tactics (in terms of gameplay, features and graphics). The current TBS games on AppStore still lack of feature such as great map(like on FF tactics), stores(where you can buy equipment) and tavern to train and recruit warriors...

They should consider FF Tactics as a basis.

Features that most TBS fans would love to see on a TBS game..
    1. Characters do level up
    2. Enhancing of skills and magic
    3. Good Story
    4. Store
    5. Tavern where you can hire some new members
    6. Unlimited & random battle on Maps
    7. at least 10 character type with tons of skills and magic
    ----------------
    Why TBS game?

because TBS game is perfect for a touchscreen especially on a multitouch(zooming and rotating of maps)..

2. robertf224

robertf224 Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I love you

3. gnetro

gnetro Well-Known Member

Jul 2, 2009
    love you to... ;)

4. dmbama

dmbama Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    i luv u 3

5. donner

donner Well-Known Member

ditto ditto ditto

6. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    I'm leaving this thread - there is too much ooze in here...

7. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

Broader choices are great, but don't stop with a genre altogether... that's just silly. For example, what TD do I play now, after I've played and/or beaten the other notable TD games? They happen to be well suited for this type of device.

For another thing, you wouldn't replace TD games with slow-paced TBS games, that's a diferent appeal. RTS would be more appropriate I think.

8. Mormoop

Mormoop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2009
    Definitely need more turn-based strategy games.

It's too bad there's such a glut of TD games.. Though that will probably dry up soon. Don't forget it takes 6 months+ usually to make a decent game so all the TD games you see now were started last summer or fall.

Thats one huge problem with the app store market, you don't know what the competition is up to and it could turn out there's a few dozen people making a similar game to yours.

9. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    To hell with TD and TBS games, I want RTS games. ... any other acronyms we can use (I am serious about the RTS stuff, though)? :D

10. fazfznz

fazfznz Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2009
    Student
    California
    TD and TBS games are failing

11. dewy666

dewy666 Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    no you are all wrong we need fprpg (first person role playing games) like oblivion but not that advanced but as i understand there was a mobile elder scrolls game so is there any reason not to port it over with better graphics and such