LostWinds: Winter of the Melodias (by Frontier Developments Ltd)[Universal]

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Sanuku, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

#1 Sanuku, Apr 30, 2012
    Last edited: May 5, 2012

2. Sri Ram

Sri Ram Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2012
    Great, can't wait! :D

3. Pixelred

Pixelred New Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Very nice, looking forward to it.

4. VaroFN

VaroFN Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    Yes, yes, ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn, I want this NOW.

5. Pepper2427

Pepper2427 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wits End
    My thoughts exactly and how soon is soon?

6. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    Awesome title! I can't wait for the game! When will it be out? :D

7. Sanuku

Sanuku Well-Known Member

The last Time I remember that Frontier Developments Ltd dropped the Bomb that they are going to publish LostWinds for iOS it was just less then a couple of Months away.

I can only assume that it`s the same in this Case.

8. imosmo

imosmo Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2011
    wow new is coming. great!

9. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Insta-Subscribe to this thread! :)

10. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    Now THIS is something for me to obsess over. Cannot wait for this to come out! Seeing the trailer makes it all so.. mmm. :)

11. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    Thank you for the info hopefully it will be out by Summer. :D

12. frontierdev

frontierdev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    LostWinds2: Winter of the Melodias trailer & screenshots just released

Frontier is delighted to announce that the award-winning, enchanting ‘LostWinds’ adventure continues on iOS!

New Trailer:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kEiFx...ature=youtu.be

Screenshots:
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...4458816&type=1

Amazing new season-switching gameplay. Incredible new wind powers at the tips of your fingers. Beautiful visuals. Expansive new environments to explore. Charming new characters, and an absorbing storyline. Each element builds on the success of the first game to make Frontier’s ‘LostWinds2: Winter of the Melodias’ an unmissable experience on iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch.

As you journey through all-new expansive areas of Mistralis - using Enril the Wind Spirit’s amazing new abilities to power young Toku’s jumps and glides and thwart evil Balasar and his minions - you’ll experience realtime radiosity, dynamic lights, dynamic shadows and reflective & refractive ice shaders. These advanced graphical techniques realize the full potential of your Apple device and give the already gorgeous game even extra depth and added beauty.

Harness the brilliance of nature: Sonte, Spirit of Seasons' astonishing powers let you instantly transform Mistralis between Summer and Winter at will to aid your progress
    Frozen Winter ponds and waterfalls become teeming Summer pools in which Toku can dive and unlock secrets
    Form snowballs from the air or manipulate moisture-laden clouds to help with your quest
    Master Enril’s rediscovered incredible cyclone power, using it to transport Toku, smash powerful enemies and even drill through the rock around you
    Expansive new regions of Mistralis provide spectacular arenas for Toku’s jumps and glides
    New enemies and familiar foes to buffet, smash, freeze, burn and douse

Release date and pricing are yet to be announced.

13. beelzebub23

beelzebub23 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Both links don't work :(

14. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
  15. SumoSplash

SumoSplash Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2011
    Playing iOS games, duh.
    Pennsylvania, U.S.
    Holy Christ this looks amazing, like the first but on steroids.

Retina?

16. frontierdev

frontierdev Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    #17 frontierdev, May 9, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
    Released Thursday 10th May :)

Midnight in each territory, as usual.

For anyone who was wondering, technical news regarding what devices support the graphical effects of (1) Realtime Radiosity (2) Dynamic Shadows (3) Dynamic Lights & (4) Refractive & Reflective Ice:

New iPad: (1), (2), (3), (4)
    iPad 2: (3), (4)
    iPhone 4S: (3), (4)

Story update:
    Little time has passed since the events which unfolded between Toku, Enril, Deo and Magmok in “LostWinds”.

Notéa's sudden return from an expedition brings with it saddening news. Whilst searching for the ruins of the Melodia City Toku's mother, Magdi, has mysteriously disappeared. The only clues to her whereabouts lie within the tattered remains of her treasured journal.

As repayment for saving his life, the ancient Guardian Magmok pledges his assistance to Toku and Enril as they head up into the mountains in search of Magdi.

Toku and Enril arrive at Summerfalls Village, a picturesque location that has been beset by an eternal winter. Even more worryingly, its people now live in fear of ferocious monsters that hide in the snow.

Fearing the worst, and with the chilling cold taking its toll, Toku and Enril seek the help of Sonté the Spirit of Seasons. Sonté’s season changing powers will provide the key to unravelling the plight of Summerfalls, and unearth an ancient curse that haunts the Melodia City.

As events continue to take unexpected turns Toku and Enril venture onward. Wielding their new powers with care and In the face of potentially fatal dilemmas, Toku and Enril are plunged into a race against time to save not only the life of Toku's mother but also the future of Mistralis...

17. Sharontung66

Sharontung66 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    I am continually loving the first release of 'Lost Winds.' It's visually lovely and the gameplay is stimulating and satisfying. Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long for 'Winter of the Melodias.' I know you have a loyal following eager for its release!

18. BlaikAwesome

BlaikAwesome Active Member

Apr 14, 2012
    I loved the first "Lost Winds". I've gotta try this out immediately ;D

19. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    I loved the first one and I can't wait to get this one tonight! Will it be compatible with iPod Touch 4th gen? That's what I have I hope so. :D