Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 02-14-2014, 07:15 PM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Oh god. Another dungeon keeper fiasco. EA has a bad case of diarrhoea lately. Someone should put them to sleep to make the suffering stop.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:01 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

EA should really consider rebranding their mobile gaming initials to FU, that's my philosophy for this game and all mobile disasters they create
Old 02-14-2014, 08:22 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Theme park? GREAT!!

Freemium? ..up yours EA, I'll pass on this turd.
Old 02-14-2014, 08:24 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ednan View Post
Oh god. Another dungeon keeper fiasco. EA has a bad case of diarrhoea lately. Someone should put them to sleep to make the suffering stop.
Quite true, but you know what the sad part is?

THOUSANDS of kiddies and brain-dead idiots will still download it, and it's those morons I blame for the current state of iOS gaming, which is diabolical.
Old 02-15-2014, 06:43 AM
iPad mini 2, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mene View Post
Quite true, but you know what the sad part is?

THOUSANDS of kiddies and brain-dead idiots will still download it, and it's those morons I blame for the current state of iOS gaming, which is diabolical.
Although there is a crap ton on freemium trash, I don't think iOS gaming is being destroyed. I have so many great games - even if they are ports - that would last for years.

I have all classic S-E RPGs which are amazing. (TWEWY with retina graphics brings me tears of joy)

I have strategy games like Space Hulk, Battle of the Bulge, Drive on Moscow and Panzer Corps (which itself has hundreds of hours of entertainment).

I have other great games like GTA:SA, KOTOR, Phoenix Wright, Stealth Inc. a lot of CAVE shmup, Telltale games.

Quite a few iOS original games like Warhammer Quest, Papa Sangre, Republique, Sorcery! series. And there's also original arcadey games like Threes!, Toast Time, Stubies and more being released everyday.

Sure, brainless people who spends hundreds of dollars contribute to more EA ***** being released every day.
But most of the games I mentioned may cost a lot of money, either upfront or with expansions, and whenever they're released there's an army of whiners. It's like someone committed a serious crime by charging more than a couple of dollars for a game or actually has tons of extra content that *may* be purchased, like in Panzer Corps (which I gladly paid 39 for the whole expansions package plus the 13 asked for the main game).

So yeah, there's the stupid-people-candy-crush-lovers who will spend real money to pay for virtual consumable goods. But there's also a huge slice of the consumer base who think it's outrageous to pay for quality content and consider themselves self-entitled to free updates for a lifetime.

Is this kind of behaviour truly "destroying" iOS gaming? Honestly? If this was the case, the list I mentioned (which is a very small fraction of good games released) wouldn't exist. All this IAP/freemium drama exists because news sites have nothing good to say, but still need to generate traffic, so they need this in order to make money.

Last edited by ednan; 02-15-2014 at 06:46 AM..
Old 02-15-2014, 12:21 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Oh god, EA is about to destroy the next great franchise by Bullfrog

Now just where are my Amiga Discs? Time to give the real Theme Park another spin.